Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ithra.

re: Ithra - Resto Druid - Raiding Application - ACCEPTED

Questions for all applicants:

1. What is your name, age and location?

Marc, 27, UK

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)

Ithra (85 resto druid). Jewelcrafting and Alchemy.
Niblette (85 mage). Tailoring and Enchanting.

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?

I recently transferred to Emerald Dream along with my girlfriend and her brother and have been looking for a raiding guild that is also social friendly in the hopes that the three of us could stick together. After reading about the guild on the realm forums I got the impression this could possibly be the perfect guild for us.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?

No, I came across the guild on the real forums.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

Curius. Left mainly due to the incredibly disrespectful attitude of the guild/raid leader. I don't wish to say too much because this isn't the place to flame anyone but if you require more details I would be happy to explain through a pm or whisper in game.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.

Around 6 years experience and some light sarcasm (I am English after all).

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

Raiding member. However should a resto druid not be required I would be happy to be considered for social membership.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

Restoration main spec - Feral off spec. I prefer resto. I tend to mess about with off specs now and then but I always come back to resto, I just can't settle on anything other than healing. I have the mage because I have tried to retire the druid in the past but resto healing is what has kept me interested in the game since vanilla (anyone remember rank 4 healing touch spam)?

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?

Mostly by getting the main points from Elitist Jerks and then trial and error from there to find what best suits my play style and raid group.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?

My talents are pretty generic for a resto druid. I guess notable points Natures Cure
due to doing a lot of instances lately and that magic dispel comes in handy. Perseverance is personal preference since less damage on me means I can focus less on keeping me alive and more on keeping the raid alive. I'm looking in to adjusting these talents however as if I get accepted to a 25 main group Natures Cure becomes a waste of a talent point that could max out Genesis. However if I end up 10 man raiding I will find a way to keep it as it becomes more beneficial.

As for glyphs they're pretty generic as well. If I'm accepted for a 25 man raid I'll keep the Wild Growth glyph, however if I end up in a 10 man raid I will probably look in to something else as I feel the smaller group makes it a poor choice.

I covered why I chose and stuck with resto above but again (without the rambling this time) resto is the play style that I enjoy and that keeps me playing. I am of course willing to respec for the odd raid if needed (and providing I have the gear for it).

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.

That's not a problem. Lucky for me my girlfriend also plays and since she put up with me raiding 5 days a week in the past I'm sure 3 days a week will be a relief for her.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?

I'm available pretty much any evening from 6/7 onwards. Signing in advance basically means that there should be no issues.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?

DBM or Bigwigs for boss mods (open to better suggestions).
Omen (handy even as a healer to see who is getting a bit trigger happy and might be needing a heal soon)
Recount (I'm usually against these sorts of addons for healers as topping healing doesn't mean you're doing your job properly but it can be handy to work out where things are going wrong with wipes.
Grid for raid frames in the past. Using ElvUI now and love the raid frames in it but thinking of going back to grid as I can't seem to find a way to make it show the HoT timers and text instead of an icon. It's fine for instances but wouldn't feel comfortable with it in hard modes.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?

Vanilla - Came to the game late so didn't get a chance to raid back then.
TBC - Everything minus KJ in Sunwell (M'uru' title of guild killer was well earned pre nerf). Sunwell was with the server first guild.
WotLK - Naxx, bits of Ulduar, TotC and half of ICC.
Cata - BWD (4/6), BoT (3/4) back on Darksorrow. Only just picked up the game again so missed out on Firelands. Have done what there was of Dragonsoul in LFR (felt a bit let down with the low difficulty).

What raids do you believe you are geared for?

I should be geared for everything barring Dragonsoul Heroic. Normal shouldn't be a problem though.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?

Have not tried hard modes yet but am pretty eager to give them a shop. The thing I loved about Sunwell was how stupidly hard it was pre nerf, WotLK was a bit hard to swallow after that due to being in a casual guild and everything being toned down so much. We gave TotGC a shot but it just wasn't for the guild I was in at the time.

We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable?

Can't see there being a problem.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?

I'm always open to suggestions. If I feel it's bad advice I'll say so and explain why I feel that way but I'm open to giving new things a try.

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

Whatever is best for guild progression right? Obviously I'd feel a bit gutted but I think anybody would. I would congratulate the player and wait for my turn.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?

If I feel it's unfair I'll take it up with whoever is picking the raid before or after the raid. But at the end of the day if it's a perfectly justified reason then I have no problem.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?

After a hard night I would probably keep quiet until we all cool off a bit. If it was really out of line I would see about resolving it either through whisper or contact an officer.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?

Probably about as crap and worn out as everyone else. Hoever anyone that raided Sunwell (and I imagine it's the same for the hard modes that came later) soon learns to deal with entire nights of wiping without much of a fuss. It's all part of the game.

I would just like to add that Since it's reset day If you look me up on the armory you'll probably see that I'm above my haste breakpoint (I know.. bad tree) and reforgin is not optimal right now. I'll be upgrading to some valour gear and will be spending time on the optimal reforges either this evening or tomorrow so don't let that concern you. Otherwise thanks for taking the time to read my application and I hope to hear from somebody soon.
Eluniel
Guardian

You seem to know your talents & glyphs, but would you like to tell me why you favor crit over mastery? You also have high spirit for druid. Is this just due reforge in progress? I know that armory bugs sometimes (it still shows that I'm under DI cap on my haste), so I checked your stats also from reforge calculator. On my current view I see: Mastery 13.15, Crit 19.82% and Spirit 2028. Also the gemming is bit weird for me, since you should not use anything but int gems unless you can pick up a socket bonus of 20 Int or more with a single Purified Demonseye or Artful Ember Topaz.

Do you use any addon to track you harmony uptime?

Other than those I do not see problems. Ofc your trinkets could be better, but due lack of FL you missed those trinkets and I assume that you are trying to get [Foul Gift of the Demon Lord] , since I see 8 Mannoroth kills.

PS: I like your mogged gear. I didn't realize that Scepter of Power matches so well to colors. ^_^

Seems nice and you are coming along with friends aswell which is good I say yes, and also the same question to you has I have asked all the latest applications.

Would you be willing to join a 10man group if you cant get into the 25man as its quite full atm?

Ithra.

@ Eluniel
Haven't really been favouring crit intentionally, just been pushing for the 2005 haste breakpoint and without raiding I've had to make some sacrifices to get there. I did read that all the secondary stats after haste breakpoints are pretty even I'll definitely be pushing for more mastery from now on. Spirit I'll be reforging out of soon, although I have found around 2k to be comfortable. I've been reading that low spirit levels are potentially going to be a problem in hard mode dragonsoul but I figured I'll aim for around 1800 and tweak it from there.

Harmony uptime is being tracked by the class timers in ElvUI (just had to manually add the spell ID).

Gems aren't ideal at the moment I know. Only been playing again for a couple of weeks so it's been a rush to gear up and get updated with the healing style changes. If I'm invited to the guild though it's on the top of the priority list I just haven't gotten around it yet because the instances have been a bit of a joke difficulty wise so I've been slacking a bit in that department.

As for the trinket I am indeed going for that. Unfortunately I've only seen that drop while on my mage. Oh well, sooner or later It'll drop.

@ Tuishao
10 man is no problem for me. Raiding is raiding for me and 10 man has the bonus of being able to get used to other peoples play style a lot quicker.
Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

Nice app - and though opportunity for 25 man raiding may be a little limited there is still Peter's 10 man, as well as more green text

Eluniel
Guardian

Nice and fast answers. It is yes from me.

Right, I really like your application, you have replied promptly and Eluniel approves so that's a plus for me. The only issue I have is our 25 man raid squad is pretty full at the moment, however we will be breaking for xmas soon and will probably re evaluate the raid groups in the new year, splitting 10 out into a core 10 man group to run DS on a regular basis, along side our 25 man team. If holding out as standby on the remaining raids this year and being a bit patient with us evaluating/splitting raiders out to a 10 man group if ok with you then I would be happy to offer to a trial spot in FE.

Welcome to the guild please read the last part of this page and if you have any more questions just give me a shout.

http://forsakenenlightenment.guildlaunch.com/custom.php?page_id=77350&gid=45872&f=868814

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum