Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wataguy1

re: Hubbabubbs app! - ACCEPTED

Questions for all applicants:

1. What is your name, age and location? My name is Lewis Reynolds, I'm 17, 18 in March and I live In Nottingham, England.

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)
Level 85 Mage - Hubbabubbs. Prof = Skinning and Herbalism
Level 85 Paladin - Wataguy. This char is in a family based guild.

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild? I am applying to Forsaken Enlightenment to gain 10 man raid experience and get gear! But also to have a laugh. I am more into 10 man raids than 25!
I
4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
Yes, I know Phenoma! He's my cousin Happy Says your guild is awesome Happy

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds? I am currently in coffin dodgers on my paladin as it's a family and friends based guild. But since I got my mage up to 85, thought I could leave my paladin with them and also have a serious side on my mage.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.
I will bring a lot of experience from 'Coffin Dodgers'.. Pfft! Don't think the name sounds professional! So, Used to seeing the angel a lot haha! Hopefully, I'll bring some humor to the guild and some immense dps haha Happy

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.... Raiding!

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why? My specs are Arcane and Frost. I use Arcane for raiding and Frost for PvP Happy But I am willing to change if it helps the guild out.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this? I read up on Mmo-champion, noxxic and I check other people's gems + enchants on wow-heroes to gain skills etc.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those? Well Arcane does immense burst damage! So I also use the Glyph of Arcane Blast! I loved Fire spec ages ago but at the moment Arcane out does it! And as for Frost, well... I love Frost for PvP'in! Freezing and critting them is my devil side! :P

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time. I will be able to raid on your raid nights, just got college on mon,thurs and friday but I can stay up late if needed be Happy

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?
I love raiding 10 man, and your time table suits me! So I would be available for any raiding night.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids? GTFO Addon. Bloody nuts addon that is! I also use Omen3, DPS Metre, Atlas loot (love checking the gear you see haha) And I use Titan Bar Happy

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in? I have done BH 10, I currently healed on that with my paladin. I raided a lot back in TBC, and WOTLK. I took a break near the end of WOTLK from raiding and just recently started to raid again. I've completed BWD on my mage on 10 man.

What raids do you believe you are geared for? All but FL. My current iLVL is 359. Unless thats okay for normal 10 man ? Happy

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future? I have back in lvl 80 era, with Ulduar. But since cata, Nope.. not tried a sausage Happy but I would love to try them and gain experience from them.

We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable? Yep.

Thanks for reading,

Hubbabubbs.

HUBBA BUBBA POWER! (Chewing Gum haha)
Hievna
Enlightened

We have 4 raiding mages at the moment and recently fifth one came back from a break, so getting to 25 man can be tricky, but then again you said you wanted to raid in 10 man group. We have 10 man raiding team that raids irregularly, due to the raid leaders work schedule.
Now about your mage.
You are missing three enchants and you are using hurricane on your 353 staff. You are under hitcap and your reforging seems a bit peculiar. You got pvp helm and spirit belt. You have put a talent point to Early Frost which i find odd. Could you explain these choises?
When i read what addons you use, i didn't notice deadly boss mod in there. I would also recommend trying out magemanabar addon as you are arcane mage.
You said you completed BWD on your mage, but armory shows that you have defeated 5/6.

Quote:
How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this? I read up on Mmo-champion, noxxic and I check other people's gems + enchants on wow-heroes to gain skills etc.

This is me just nitpicking, but you said "to gain skills", where to me it would be to gain knowledge, because only in practise can one become more skillful.

Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

to emphasise what Hievna said there, we are a 25 man raid guild, and though there is the odd 10 man about once a week it is not part of our raiding program.

We have 4-5 mages on the signups each night.

We are not an alts guild, and we don't like people to play in multiple guilds, so if you want to join as a raid then you would need to leave coffin dodgers.

As a raider I would say No - undergeared, lack of experience and too many others of that class.

As a Social - sure he has a relative here - but not too sure about being in 2 guilds, this does cause problems.

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Wish people would read applications before commenting, = 3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild? I am applying to Forsaken Enlightenment to gain 10 man raid experience and get gear! But also to have a laugh. I am more into 10 man raids than 25!

Also - I love raiding 10 man, and your time table suits me! So I would be available for any raiding night.

So mentioning "No you cant get into the 25man" Its pointless so please.

Other than that its an ok app, Seems you are trying too hard to come across has a "funny guy", Not too keen on the "gear" emphasize as you keep bringing that up which is one major pet hate of mine, its not about gear its about fun + Skill.

It is not an alt guild but if coffin dodgers is a family guild and you will be playing your mage a lot of the time I don't see why you can't join maybe in future can move across both chars.

You do have family in the guild so a yes from me, but please take into account what Hievna has typed, because he is a good mage and his input should definitely be taken aboard and it should help you quite a fair bit.

Last edited by Tuishao on 19-11-2011 14:37; edited 1 time in total

wataguy1

re: ty

Thank you Tuishao. Yes I have read and took into account of what Hiavna, and I would love to speak to you more about mages. To what you said about the staff enchant, I only put that on due to it being not a brilliant weapon. Also, power torrent is a lot of gold! :P not a gold digger my self haha Happy Yeah I love to have fun at the end of the day, gear is just a bonus Happy And like I said, I love 10 man raiding, I prefer it to 25, but if I'm needed on a 25 raiding night, I'm more than happy to fill in any gaps.

I do use deadly boss mods, didn't think of putting on the list due to like everyone having it and with it being so common haha. I am also leveling up a rogue, that shall be coming on its way, if you ever need a rogue ^^

Would love to get the chance to join in Happy

Thanks.
Phenoma
Phenoma9
Enlightened

I can also vouch for him when it comes to raiding and does have a professional, if hyper (just look at all those smiley faces..), approach to raiding. As for the family guild, It shouldn't cause any problems, they rarely raid and when they do, its more for fun and jokes then anything else, and his mage is his most played character anyway (his paladin is more tank/heals).
Eluniel
Guardian

I needed to think this for a while, but it is yes from me since Phenoma says that mage is his most played (doesn’t that mean main?) character and he would still join with social status to be part of 10-man team. Hievna can guide him, I know he enjoys to talk about mages. ^_^

We will take you on as Social, but that is only because the Raider rank is used for official 25 man raids (we are a 25 man raid guild!) The frequency of 10 mans is really dependent on when we have someone to lead them, and are as such not scheduled in the same way as 25, if this is all ok poke an Officer for an invite!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum