Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Lepic08

re: Lepic, Holy/Discipline, Priest, Raiding - ACCEPTED

Tuishao wrote:
How many priest healers do we actually have, I thought it was 2 Smara and Jaden, who am I missing?.

Atleast his app was nice, and he actually made one. Guessing he has been invited already? well good luck and hope you impress us more and as Kristof said, always good to have a few extra healers, so the healers we have don't slack and get complacent Happy.

thanks Happy and I hope I will impress you!
Soul(Ture)

Peter you forgot Emoon and insignia ón the healing side
eMoon
Enlightened

Using mouseover macros or not is up to personal preference and not required IMO.

About spec, you would probably end being holy much more because we are (too) good on disc priests now. From talents, you have Atonement but Evangelism and Archangel are missed. Should get all for smite healing or none otherwise. I dont like skipped Inner Focus, because its very strong for mana regen and should be talented. In case you end up having too much mana its better to reforge spirit.

Everything else is fine.

eMoon wrote:
Using mouseover macros or not is up to personal preference and not required IMO.

About spec, you would probably end being holy much more because we are (too) good on disc priests now. From talents, you have Atonement but Evangelism and Archangel are missed. Should get all for smite healing or none otherwise. I dont like skipped Inner Focus, because its very strong for mana regen and should be talented. In case you end up having too much mana its better to reforge spirit.

Everything else is fine.

I don't have any trouble with mana regen so that is why I prefer mastery (also I have the maximum spirit I can from the gear) and as far as I see is helping holy as well and a lot, I 've seen Echo of Light being up to 2.5k per sec till now and the average is 1.1k per sec.
Anyway, concerning Evangelism and Archangel, I can't see the importance since Surge of Light procs often and saves a lot of mana so I find it vital. Also since disc is suppose to be a damage reduction through effects and all I believe Inparation is also important since I get enough crits to get it going. So, no room for Evangelism and Archangel with my gameplay. Inner Focus is a nice ability but again Surge of Light and Inparation are suiting better for me.
I 'll try Evangelism and Archangel again but I don't know if it will do the job.
Jarakuel / Chris
Wanderer

re: Priest app

To be honest, Emoon's probably our top disc healer in guild, i'd take any of his advice on priests without a milli-seconds notice and give it a try at least, before disreguarding because of game play style. I think emoon's comment on talents is based on the amount of mana consumption you'll be looking at in heroic firelands, it's absolutely essential to not get caught with 0 mana at crucial parts of different fights! E.g. heroic beth'tilac, loads of damage on last phase, need as much mana as possible for spam healing. Give Emoonpl a look up on armory, and give his spec a try, might find you're more mana efficient and pull better hps.

Lepic08

re: Re: Priest app

Jarakuel / Chris wrote:
To be honest, Emoon's probably our top disc healer in guild, i'd take any of his advice on priests without a milli-seconds notice and give it a try at least, before disreguarding because of game play style. I think emoon's comment on talents is based on the amount of mana consumption you'll be looking at in heroic firelands, it's absolutely essential to not get caught with 0 mana at crucial parts of different fights! E.g. heroic beth'tilac, loads of damage on last phase, need as much mana as possible for spam healing. Give Emoonpl a look up on armory, and give his spec a try, might find you're more mana efficient and pull better hps.

I m already trying out what he said (if you look in the armory again you ll see) till now at some parts I m doing better and at some other worst.
Yeah beth'tilac is a bitch indeed but a nice fight.
eMoon
Enlightened

So you smite to heal and proc Surge of light. Its ok but less effective without that 2 smiting talents I mentioned. IMO spamming heal in free time for surge proc, heal and in tank case, SoS sounds better. Not smiting at all is perfectly fine, everything depends on talent build.

About spirit I meant to reduce it and boost anything else if you got too much mana (happens to disc and depends on Rapture management). Thought you got this problem because Inner Focus is skipped. However holy spec need loads of spirit from what I remember.

You are right about importance of Inspiration. Good talent builds I would suggest are: Smiting free, 2 free points so possible to take surge and Smiting friendly

eMoon wrote:
So you smite to heal and proc Surge of light. Its ok but less effective without that 2 smiting talents I mentioned. IMO spamming heal in free time for surge proc, heal and in tank case, SoS sounds better. Not smiting at all is perfectly fine, everything depends on talent build.

About spirit I meant to reduce it and boost anything else if you got too much mana (happens to disc and depends on Rapture management). Thought you got this problem because Inner Focus is skipped. However holy spec need loads of spirit from what I remember.

You are right about importance of Inspiration. Good talent builds I would suggest are: Smiting free, 2 free points so possible to take surge and Smiting friendly

Well I play a bit weird. Atonement bounds with train of thought a bit, so if you want to smite at least you ll heal someone too. To be honest I only chose atonement cause I didn't want Archangel.
If I play with Archangel I have to shield the tank use holy fire and spam smite, then penance the most injured player. Use Archangel everytime is ready and prayer of mending.
The thing is that if you are concentrating on the healing you cant smite and therefore Archangel is useless.
Something more ideal would be http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfhzrosbfRMochr:qmVoVzzM0
or instead of Surge of Light, Veiled Shadows.
Tethane
Guild Mistress

I am going to give you a trial, but I warn you that healing spots maybe limited in the 25 man team, you may however be able to get some experience in our 10 man team in the meantime. Poke an Officer in game for an invite.

Lepic08

Tethane wrote:
I am going to give you a trial, but I warn you that healing spots maybe limited in the 25 man team, you may however be able to get some experience in our 10 man team in the meantime. Poke an Officer in game for an invite.

Thanks a lot, I m sure you wont be disappointed, I 'll whisper someone within the week.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum