Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: Soulrider DK Frost 85 - Raid Applicant - ACCEPTED

1. What is your name, age and location?
- Ture Pedersen (used to Soul), 37 Years and live in a small town called Laurbjerg in Denmark

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)
- Soulrider level 85 DK Frost, Professions is Jewel crafting and Mining

Soulrider : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Soulrider/advanced
Soulanimal (alt): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Soulanimal/advanced
Soulmagic (alt) : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Soulmagic/advanced

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?
- Well id expect to have some fun and hopefully get more friends and as a raider seeing new content and challenges, also im coming from a small guild with almost never some players online , so i definitely look forward to a bigger guild with a more social network.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
- Im the current house slave of Ragamuffin (aka Husband), other than that i know Dreadi,Soratami,Akorma and Elderwen

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?
- My last guild was UNITY and as you know it has fell apart. I must admit that it killed my love for the game for a bit. Since i was the one of the founders of the guild and have both been gm/officer/raider in the guild and was very sad to see it crash.
After that i went to play on a horde server on a new Deathknight and loved it, but then got lured back to the server by friends and i started to play on Soulrider whom was lvl80 at the time and loved it since and im convinced that its time for me to find a new home and hopefully more friends.
Ragamuffin spoke highly of you and i know Dreadi,Soratami and Arkorma are lovely people so it all points in being a nice new place to call home.
No i do not have other Applications out there.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.
- Well i see myself as a very dedicated and steady player, and i like to chit chat and love the social aspect of beeing in a guild very much too.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.
- Raiding please

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?
- Frost (dps) main and blood (tank) os, Well im very keen on the dps output of the frost, ive tried unholy but i havent been able to get the dps nowhere near the frost. Further more i like the ability to selfheal and the number of oshit buttons to get out of a tight spot.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?
- Well im kinda of a forums farmer i like to follow as much as im able to get myself up to date in whats happened and whats going to happen.
I use :
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/ : Great site they seem to always be first with the news in both what changes has been made and what has happend in the ptr
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/ : Here i follow the Realm,deathknight,Tanking,Healing and dps forums to see whats going on, when new patches theres always a lot of information to get
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/ : Same as the eu forums but often with more detailed information and more serius guides.
http://manaflask.com/ : The website of "Ensidia" and "for the horde" , they have some nice guides and they're always up to date, that said its always a good idea to check there armory links afterwards :-D
http://www.youtube.com/ : Well all boss fights videos/guides seems to end here first.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?
- Well i know i´ll swap the "on a pale horse" for "endless Winther", Endless winther is way more usefull as i dont have to keep my runic power in hold so i can interupt, I Currently use "on a pale horse" since i helps me in getting my daylies done faster :-).
Regarding the glyphs its the ones that make the most sence.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.
- When i sign all my time is dedicated to the raid and only disasters can change that.

But due to my job as an Security Technician i have an "on call duty" every 5th week (will be 6th later this year). When im on call i have to take my phone and it could happen that i may have to run off, this have never happened thou.
But i have no problems at all in being benched when im on call duty, ill still log on and be availble if someone should be prevented in showing up just to make sure you get going :-)

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?
- Your raiddays fits me perferctly, Since we have kids and they get tucked in at 19.30 im home every day at those hours anyways.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?
To raid i use Deadly Boss mods,Omen,Recount

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?
- Well i have raided since Vanilla in all battlestations, So i have been Tank, Healer, Ranged and melee dps, Ive been raidleader and raid grunt, so been in all spots.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?
- Acording to wow-heroes.com im firelands ready, but id like to attend your offdays raids to BWD and BOT to improve. But my gear for tanking isent ready for raids yet, im currently working on that.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?
- Not on this char i think, but we did clear the icc instance and some of them in heroic, im always up for a challenge i like that they introduced the Heroic and achievements so the instance can keep being challengeing.

We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable?
- Im on vacation from the 26/7 to the 2/8
- after that im on call 8/8 to the 14/8 and the 22/8 to the 28/8 (this is due to a emergency at work , we had a colleague that quit and another that got his son way to early and they had to live in the hospital in three months and we off course helped out so he dident have to worry about being on call.
This is a first timer it has been so presured regarding the on call scedule.
Other than that my time is yours and due to weird scedule you're offcourse welcome to prolong the trial period as you see fit, id like the chance to prove i could be an asset to the guild and i dont care about the length of the trial period.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?
- Loved ? I always like to improve my self as player and in my character. And if a player has some good tips id for sure like to recieve them. Another thing is if i do something wrong , i cant correct it unless im aware of it so please tell me !

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?
- If a player is in more need and/or there everytime im happy to pass, the stronger the team the easier it gets for us all.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?
- Well i think ill just ask the raidleader if he/she is aware that is the second time in arow (could be a mistake), but otherwise im fine with it, if it benefits the team im happy to sit out.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?
- well ill probably swear at my screen for my self and then sleep on it.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?
- well ive raided so long so i kind of expect that and consider it a part of the progression, to make it perfect we have to practise some times it takes longer than others, next day ill probably be grinding the logs i see you use to see where i can improve my game, or if i know something in the encounter im bad at, find a way to practise it.
But the repair bill is no big deal for me its a part of raiding. But when you've gotten your behind wiped numerous times by a boss and you finaly get him down WOHAAAAA thats my biggest thrill in the game.

If there is any questions , your welcome to grap me online, ill follow the post tightly.
- Soul

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

Nice app, not sure on the DK need currently, but the Druid Resto Alt could be useful, though we do seem to be pretty tight 90% of the time with the healers.

plus another old timer to join the "near 40" ranks.

Yes from me

@Galadruin
Ty for the support :-)
Regarding the resto druid, its not quite there yet as to gear, but again if i put some focus on it, it could be ready within a fair amount of time. (ive logged it out in the current resto gear, so you can see it).

Tomorrow we're (ragamuffin and i) going on a nice and hopefully sunny trip to Bulgaria and wont be back before wednesday the 3/8, ill try to follow this post from the hotel.

- Soul

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Sorry for my delay in replying, had a manic few days and weekend, I would be more than happy to offer you a trial but we have all our raid spots pretty full at the moment which will probably see you being placed on standby a lot, I do try and swap people in and out dependent on class etc, I would be interested in seeing the alt geared up but its really dependent on you.

Hey Tethane
Thank you for your reply,i heard about All things that happened, i hope it all went well Happy

I would be happy to go on the resto druid instead if it could benefit the guild and it would make rotations easier.
It shouldent take so long to get the gear ready , ill focus on it and getting the practise back (resto changed abit in the 4.2 patch).

- soul

Tethane
Guild Mistress

DK raid spot freed up due to internetty issues, we can now offer you a raiding spot as well as a spot within the guild, hope you had a lovely holiday!

glad to hear i get a chance, sry to hear that someone has problems.

I'll try to grap you ingame :-)

ps: Yes it was a very nice vacation, but glad to be home again.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum