Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: Enlightnin Enhancement Shaman raiding application - ACCEPTED

Questions for all applicants:

1. What is your name, age and location?
Ringo C., (a young) 30 (:p), Belgium

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)
Enlighnin - 85 - Shaman - Enhancement/Elemental - Herbalist/Alchemist

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Enlightnin/simple

Please note I have the matts to enchant both my fist weapons with Landslide, am working on the matts for the leg enchant with my druid, I'll have new JP shoulders / 353 shoulders & ring very soon. I just filled in the application as soon as possible as you guys are looking for an enh shammy, these upgrades will be done very fast.

alts: (I do not really wish to raid with them at this time):
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Elrandir/ druid
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Wrathael/ dk
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Elrandin/ pally
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Direstark/ warrior

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?
I've been looking for a raid guild for some time now in cata, I'm just looking for a fun group to see the new Cataclysm raid content with and kick ass!

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
Faoust whispered me after I posted in trade that I was looking for a guild, he let me know Forsaken Enlightenment was looking for an enh shammy.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?
I joined Fearless with my death knight as a tank, I left because the calender was mostly ignored to fill the raids so I had no idea when I'd ever get in one, no hard feelings, I've also reconsidered on wanting to tank in this expansion (I was a raid tank - but also dps - with my dk and druid in Wrath). I have no other applications running at the moment.
Before moving house and my inactivity I was raiding with Mirror on Anachronos and we cleared most Wrath content, left when the GM (a friend) quit and the new leadership fell apart and started a new guild.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.
I know all my toons' classes well in both pve and pvp, have experience with all 4 tanks, melee dps and ranged dps roles. I like to help with Maelstromx5 and even casted off-healing when needed and crucial, totem switching, cc, etc.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.
Raiding

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?
Enhancement is my raiding spec, Elemental is the offspec and also available for raiding if needed when I get it geared.
From all the Cataclysm class changes I prefer Enhancement the most of all the specs I play and have really loved it in both pvp and pve. I really enjoy a melee
spec with some ranged capability and lots of utility.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?
I watch MMO Champion and WOW Insider daily, I also check Tankspot videos, and sometimes Lore's Weekly Marmot & PST and the Gamebreaker Legendary show. And I check Elitist Jerks, MMO Champ and Official forums for guides.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?
I went for maxdps in this spec, while other specs can for instance choose Reverberation for a 1 second less cooldown on Wind Shear & shocks, I find their cd's are already very low and I'd rather have the extra damage. Not much varied choice on glyphs, though I would swap in any glyph that can help the raid.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.
Yes I do Happy

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?
In the evenings from 20.00-24.00

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?
DBM, Omen, IceHud, Tidy/Threatplates, RazerNaga bars for my mouse, Decursive, MSBT, Recount, etc.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?
I've raided most of WOTLK content with my Druid and Death Knight, both classes I played as dps, main & off tank. Both were Kingslayers. My druid was Champion of the Frozen Wastes. I've raided the better half of ICC with my shaman too.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?
Ready for all Cata entry raids, and nearly Firelands ready.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?
I had Champion of the Frozen Wastes on my druid, I haven't tried hard modes yet. I am keen on trying any the guild are pursuing.

We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable?
Sure!

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?
I'd feel grateful that someone is trying to help me out and look forward to any suggestions that might improve my play and would rush to the target dummies if applicable! I like to play at my best and have no attachments to my current beliefs on how to do that.

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?
By congratulating the winner. gz!

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the
third time in a row. What do you do?
If the player is same spec too I'd maybe let the raid leader know once via ingame e-mail kindly that he may be overlooking me perhaps, but add that I understand raid organizing is a big task.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?
If I made mistakes I'd apologize and kindly clarify them, otherwise I would not react as that seems the best way to keep the peace.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?
Like it's part of the game.

Please give me a chance to prove myself, I won't disappoint!

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Everlightly

Hi there m8, I'm currently the guilds only enhancement shaman would be nice to see another onboard. Think elemental was on our list not enhance, but hey, they still bring pretty much the same buffs, nearly.

I like alot of what you've said in your application and your knowledge of our class is very good. Only couple of things that i've noticed is for 25 man raiding you'ld have to gear up a little more if possible. Little more work needed with the shoulders can get those from ZA or join a Bot/tot4w pug, or if your accepted get into a guild run to those. Rings can be updated very quick 359 JP ring, also there is a 365 from the molten front dailys once you've got your first 20 marks of world tree. Fluid Death trinket from current JP rewards is a 100% must with that hit available and is currently still BiS untill late firelands.

Couple of things i'ld like to point out though, Landslide is not currently the BiS enchant for enhancement. As our mastery increases our base elemental damage avalanch is currently the better for dps. I've simed this a few times and tested out in single target fights and there is a good difference of about 400+ dps proc dependant. Your currently standing at 19/19 expertise, needs to be 26/26 on enhance for best dps output

I myself have taken the reverberation spec, This was purely for the 5 sec cooldown on wind shear for interupting, I made a lot of difference during alot of boss fights, though most fights i'ld usally find myself as the only interupter and lose out on dps as a result, Halfus 25 man heroic for example. even though i can 2nd on dps somehow when first 30 seconds i didn't hit him.

Glyphs are fine. my personal preferance is to glyph for the wovles but there are 4 good enhance glyphs and its down to personal choice.

Also whats this with shamans having "light" in the name Everlightly/enlightnin might get some mix ups here.

I'm going to give a yes, Needs some work on gear but the items needed can be easily gained. Lets see what my fellow officers and guild mistress say.
Tethane
Guild Mistress

I agree with what Everlightly is saying, you are not quite ready gear wise for Firelands 25 mans, the difficulty difference between 10 and 25 is quite large and we need the best possible group to down the new encounters, even with mainly 359 gear we are finding it tricky.

Can I suggest that you join up as we are really looking for another regular shammy and work on your gear over the next couple of weeks, there are a few lesser geared players joining atm and perhaps we can put together some 10 man normal runs to assist in getting you up to speed.

So how does that sound? I cant take you into Firelands immediately but if you join you can at least get to know us all and gear with Guildies?

Hello Enlightning here Happy Yes, thank you! I would very much like to join and keep working on my gear. Please clarify and let me know what raids I can/must sign up for during the trial then though.

My expertise is currently 19/19 cause of the recent upgrade drops I got, the soft cap of 26/26 will be met very soon again! I will get the jp trinket soon to replace my alchemy one, I am spamming the Zul's for shoulders and jp's, the ring I had in mind was from Earthen Ring as soon as I hit exalted.
I would like to sim the enchants too, I will look into how to go about this simming business asap, I was going off the guides of which most didn't mention Avalanche, although I have put Avalanche on a 346 axe before as it was cheaper than Landslide. If required I'd be happy to respec to include reverberation too. Thank you very much for the help Everlightly :D

Thank you again and see you ingame!

Bennied
Enlightened

I read applications to see how wants to join and how they come across... you come across very well. wink Have nothing to say or add to jodie/jonny's comments. Don't let anybody fool you... being 30 is awesome!! Looking at the abyss, but still life.

Thanks Bennied Happy If you gaze at the abyss it gazes back into you! lol.

Little progress update: I got the Fluid Death trinky today and have discovered EnhSim and will figure that out tomorrow!

Does the thread-title need to be changed to accepted before whisping an officer? I will check back tomorrow Happy

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Drop an Officer a /w for an invite, when I am next in game I will have a chat about how to take your trial forward.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum