Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next

re: Lamm, Feral tank/resto druid - ACCEPTED

1. What is your name, age and location?
Jens, 16, Sweden

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)
Lamm, 85, druid, feral/gearing resto, mining&jewelcrafting. Got 2 lvl 80 alts.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Lamm/simple

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?
I'm applying 'cus I want to start raiding and chill out in guild chat :D. I'm tired of ending up in useless PuG's.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
I know Fläskfia, and from him I found about FE.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?
I've been in the guilds "Hallonlila" and "Voodoo Moose" and left them both 'cus they didn't raid at all. My character is kinda new, (Cataclysm), so I don't been in that many guilds, but on one of my alts I've been raiding since -05, but not much in Cata.
No I don't have any other pending applications.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.
Atm, I can't help at the raids you guys are doing, but in the future I'd like to start raiding, now I would just like to be a social guild member.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.
I'm soon geared to the harder raids like BwD and BoT. But in the meanwhile I'm social untill I've geared up.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

I think as your intentions are to join the raiding aspect of the guild it would be helpful if you filled in the raiders questions from the applications

certainly your gear doesn't look too bad, gems and enchant to those that need it, and if you can upgrade your main weapon and I think you would be there.

Tethane
Guild Mistress

We are not recruitng a tank but we do have a raid spot open for a Resto druid, could you log out in that gear please.

Also would that be of interest to you raiding MS resto in Cata?

Lastly, could you do the raider questions for me as well please!

Cheers

hyloid

re: Lamm

It's me, Lamm, I created an account here.
My healing gear isn't complete yet, I miss like 2 or 3 parts of it.

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?
I'd like to play restoration when my gear is complete. I have a complete tanking fear gear though.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?
I always read the patchnotes and after a patch I visit wowpopular.com on the most popular specc's. I also ask people with good gear and specc's.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?
Both of my specc's, I took from www.wowpopular.com and I pick them because they seems nice and they're high rated. I haven't really looked aroung and tried other specc's that much. And my glyphs, I chose them because they seemed like be the best fitting glyphs for raiding and doing what my role is ment to do. I still miss 2 glyphs for healing. My current healing glyphs are:

Glyph of Rejuvenation
Glyph of Barkskin
Glyph of Healing Touch
Glyph of Unburdened Rebirth
Glyph of Aquatic Form

And my tanking glyphs are:

Glyph of Tiger's Fury
Glyph of Mangle
Glyph of Berserk
Glyph of Feral Charge
Glyph of Barkskin
Glyph of Aquatic Form
Glyph of Unburdened Rebirth

I'm open for recommendations on other glyph's.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.
Yes. I'll always check so there isn't anything IRL that's happening at the same time.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?
The weekends are the best, imo, 'cus otherwise I'll probably have homework, but if I'm about to raid in the week, I'll ofc do my homework before raids.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?
The most common ones, DBM, recount, Omen, decursive. (Open for other recommendations)

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?
I did alot of raiding in the early WotLK on my holy paladin, especially Naxx. I once self healed Kel'Thuzad. I also did ICC 4/12, because I took a break in the LK patch, so I've never killed him, :/.
Actually, I raided alot of MC and BWL at classic WoW, and Karazhan on 70's.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?
Atm, I can tank BoT, BH, BwD and Tot4W.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?
No I haven't tried any achi's... But yeah, I'd like to try them in the future.

We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable?
Always Happy

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?
It's always nice with tips and I'm open for help with my play.

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?
Well, everyone gets disappointed when something they need drops and they don't get it, it feels like I never got luck on rolls Happy. But I don't flame on the other players just because I lost 1 roll.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?
The raidleader picks out the best suitable team ofc. And ofcourse he/she wants to progress as much as they can.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?
I probably get a little pissed, people doesn't have to say what they think about others, and if someone really wants to, they can whisper me instead.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?
As long as I can afford my repair bills and people don't leave I'll still be up for more.
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Yes from me, even more so that he has a friend in the guild (Flaskfia) and also PvP's has resto :D.

So no problems here, aslong as you will come to some rated bgs when we get enough people ready and have some fun in arena/bgs with us?

Everlightly

rated bgs on sunday need some healer, so if he is going to help out on that, then ok from me
Moombee
Enlightened

Can't realy say much about the resto spec since, he is logged out in pvp gear, his glyphs are not full yet (he's missing all the essential one's) and your spec is a pvp spec which doesn't work in anyway for PVE. Take a look at elitist jerks tbh.

hyloid

re: re: Lamm, Feral tank/resto druid - PENDING

What do you mean with I logged out with pvp gear? I don't got any pvp gear, just a shitty head..
Sure I'll come with you on rbgs, but my PvP skills/gear aint good...
As I said, please come with recommendations regarding my specc and on my glyphs.
I've been focused on leveling jc and enchanting the last days.
Now I just miss an off-hand to complete my healing gear.
Moombee
Enlightened

re: Re: re: Lamm, Feral tank/resto druid - PENDING

hyloid wrote:
What do you mean with I logged out with pvp gear? I don't got any pvp gear, just a shitty head..
Sure I'll come with you on rbgs, but my PvP skills/gear aint good...
As I said, please come with recommendations regarding my specc and on my glyphs.
I've been focused on leveling jc and enchanting the last days.
Now I just miss an off-hand to complete my healing gear.

Sorry i meant feral set.

The current spec you got for healing is a pvp spec which doesn't work for healing in raids. I think you already knew that one but i'm just gonna say that again.

If you want to get the most up-to-date spec for restoration druids atm check either elitist jerks or my character (moombee) on the armory.

On your glyphs you're missing: Glyph of swiftmend, glyph of lifebloom, remove barkskin, get: glyph of wildgrowth and glyph of rebirth. The last minor one doesn't realy have anything interesting.

I do recommend you log out today with you're healing gear on so i can see if you understand how to gem/enchant/reforge your gear. Unless you don't want any advice on it.

Anyway you got quite some things to work on. Good luck with your application.

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Thank you for logging out in your resto gear, it seems acceptable, although you are wearing a cloth helm with no meta gem, don't we get penalized for that sort of thing now?

Just going to wait for Moombee to have another look over for me then we can make a decision!

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Yea you loose a 5% bonus to certain stats would be better to find a decent leather helm, hopefully you can get lucky and get one.

Moombee
Enlightened

Oke, you did most the stuff that i advised you to do. Your spec seems a lot better for raiding purposes, some stuff is still debatable but nothing big to fall over.

I still DO miss the glyph of wild growth.

Gear wise, as Tethane said your headpiece is missing a meta gem. Also getting cloth gear is not preferable since you got leather specialization which would increase your intellect and thus your healing by 5%. Not many items can get over that.

In addition your missing an offhand, and a healing trinket (number 2). Also if you get a chance replace ring number one, it's a dps ring.

On your enchants:

Shoulders - missing one
Bracers - got 24 AP on it? Dare i ask why?
Weapon - missing one
feet - got 5 hit?

Gems

Well as stated above missing the meta,
Try not to gem full spirit. Spirit is not as great anymore as a single stat. Try and take int+spi or int+mastery. In addition you can mostly ignore the socket bonus if it ain't more then 20 int. It just ain't worth it.

I see one green gem in your chest piece and helmet try and replace that with a blue one.

Other then that it looks fine.

Last but not least reforging.

You seem to be on the good path.
Last pointers on that one would be:

Chest - Crit -> Haste
legs - Crit -> Haste
ring 1 - Hit -> Mastery (NOT spirit)
Relic - Crit -> Haste

Stat prio for druids: Int -> Haste/Mastery -> Crit -> Spirit.

Still some big and small things to tweak and change.

Anyway good luck with fixing the last pieces of your gear.

Bennied
Enlightened

A fellow resto/tank dudu... don't let my lock-appearence fool you, I like dudu's more than my lock. A little disappointed... why isn't your gear enchanted? Raidexperience seems a bit low, but that's a matter of time. And a clothhead for dudu is not acceptable for a raider in my opinion. I am always of opinion gear should be raidready before acceptance as a raider, since it is more fair to players as well, cause if you are not as geared as others you might not be invited over the more experienced and geared raiding-healers.
Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

He was originally joining as social, with the aim to gear up for raiding (as soon as possible).
The fact he has done what has been asked, and responded positively to the advice means he is keen to join.

Yes from me, plus Druids op anyway

hyloid

re: Lamm, Feral tank/resto druid - PENDING

My crappy enchants is because I'm leveling enchanting atm so I'll be available to enchant my rings.
Galadruin is right, at first I was just looking to join as social but you had some interest in me raiding, so I fixed a quick healing gear as u've seen and some of my gems and enchants is just temporary.
And about the Glyph of Wild Growth, I've not been able to fix it because when I've checked the AH it haven't been there.
Yeah Tethane we do... But I haven't got anything else so it's better than missing a headpiece, and I got 2 Shadowspirit Diamond for my meta gems but I haven't found any jc's with the recipe.
I'm working on getting Exalted with Therazane so I can buy the shoulder enchantings.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum