Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luzch

re: Luzch Resto/feral Druid raiding! - WITHDRAWN

1. What is your name, age and location?
Filip and i am almost 16 years oldand im from Sweden

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)
Luzch is my char name and it is a Resto druid for PvE. I have Jc lvl 520 working to get it 525.
I have a 85 Warrior on horde side so it is nothing special to talk about, name is okool.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Luzch/simple

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?

I am applying because i think it seemes to be a pretty good raiding/social guild and thats what i am looking for.
I am expecting alot of fun and alot of raiding.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
Hm.. dont think so. I did just looking for guild in trade chat and Tethane asked me if i wanna apply too this guild and i did:)

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?
I have been in Cealestis a PvP guild. I PvPed alot before but now i have been more too raiding and stuffs like that.
And i left if because i wanna too join a PvE guild. Now im in The night ravens and its just a guild i joind to not be guild less.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.

I think i can bring very good healing in raids and a happy face to the guild:)

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

I wanna become a raider and maybe a little bit of the social part:)

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

Resto is the spec that i preferred because i have good gear in it and i know how to play it too. My off spec is Feral tanking, not that good gear atm but im working to get some Hc's on it and maybe start tanking too cause my Warrior prot so i know how to tank too.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?

I'll use WowHead to look up new stuffs that coming like for new patches and so on.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?

I am playing resto because i feel confedent on my play style as resto. And i use Glyph of swiftmend because it no longer consumes a rejuvenation or regrowth effect from the target.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.

Ye it will be no problems whit me coming to raids that i have accept.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?

Well atm i can raid every day because its holiday from school but when it is no holiday i pref monday, wednesday, friday and sunday

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?

For raiding i use DBM and recaunt. DBM is because then ill see when things happends and stuffs like that.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?

FOr WoTlK i played hunter and did like 6 bosses and now in cata i play mostly on my druid and i have don 4/4 BoT and 3/6 in BWD and 0/2 in Throne of the four winds.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?

I think im ready for all of em i have almost full 359 just a few things so ye i think all of the bosses.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?

I have tried 1 time on hard mode on Halfus but it failed. But i would love to try agian in hard modes.

We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable?

Yes it will be accepteble!

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?

I would listen to the person that gives me a tip and try it out and see if its works better.

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

I would say Gz to the person that won the loot and hope to get it another time:)

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?

Well i will probebly ask an officer why i dont get in to the raids. And if there is any thing wrong i'll try change what im doing wrong.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?

I dont think i would react that mutch just lisent waht the person said.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?

Well because wipeing is an part of the raiding i dont think i would be that mad. I would try give good fedback to everybady and just make new tries another day or kepp going same night.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Kovac (Flower)

re: Re: Luzch Resto/feral Druid raiding!

Luzch wrote:

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)
Luzch is my char name and it is a Resto druid for PvE. I have Jc lvl 520 working to get it 525.
I have a 85 Warrior on horde side so it is nothing speciall to talk about, name is okool.

It would be nice to follow the request and post a armoury link for your druid, also, ITZ A HORDEZ BURN IT WIV FIRE!!

Luzch wrote:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

Resto is the spec that i preferred because i have good gear in it and i know how to play it too. My off spec is Feral tanking, not that good gear atm but im working to get some Hc's on it and maybe start tanking too cause my Warrior prot so i know how to tank too.

Do you only play restoration because you have good gear in it? or do you play it because you enjoy it? is it your preferred spec? as for feral, do you prefer tanking because of your warrior? would you re-consider your spec in future?

Luzch wrote:
How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?

I'll use WowHead to look up new stuffs that coming like for new patches and so on.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?

I am playing resto because i feel confedent on my play style as resto. And i use Glyph of swiftmend because it no longer consumes a rejuvenation or regrowth effect from the target.

Do you not read up on your class (specifically your raid spec, also do you read up on raid tactics?) I wouldn't recommend using Wowhead as your source of talent and glyph knowledge, sites such as MMO-champion.com and Elitist Jerks tend to have more reliable theorycrafters, I looked you up on armory and i see you are speced into PvP talents such as "Nature's ward" instead of a talent such as "Nature's Grace" This may be minor but haste could be the difference between a tank saving heal and a wipe, also you seem to be missing a major glyph in resto, are there no suitable glyph's for you at the moment?

Luzch wrote:
What add-ons do you like to use for raids?

For raiding i use DBM and recaunt. DBM is because then ill see when things happends and stuffs like that.

I must suppress my inner grammar nazi.. are DBM and Recount the only addons you use for raiding? do you not use healbot / grid / quartz? and for tanking do you not use omen etc?

This is a nice app, and you seem like a really nice guy, but in future you may want to read the guidelines a little more clearly, as said in previous applications everyone understands that English is not the universal Language nor the first language of many applicants but mis-spelling words that are posting just above your comment is a little...well it gives the impression you didn't read the question that well?

you Ilvl is a little deceiving, it says overall you have 365 which is impressive, but your resto gear is in fact 357?

Also in your meta gem you seem to have a dps gem, " +54 intellect and 3% increased critical damage" would you be able to fix this quickly??

Best of luck with your application, hope for some speedy responses!

What doesn't kill you, Only makes you...(eurgh)...Stranger ..
Moombee
Enlightened

As Flower has stated out most of the points that i wanted to talk about as well i shall not repeat those but instead add my own questions to the list.

You got 3 open glyph slots, one of the most important glyphs your missing as well [Glyph of Wild Growth] . The other 2 are not important for raiding but would be preferred to get filled.

Second point. You're a jewelcrafter yet you don't use any of them in your gear. Along that road, your meta gem (Burning Shadowspirit Diamond) is just WRONG you're not a caster dps.
Also you take rather lot of int/spi gems. Taking a few of them ain't wrong but it is not the best gem to get a lot of. You tend to go for the wrong set bonus. Crit and spirit are not that important anymore.

Which brings me to point Three enchanting. Two pieces unenchanted. And a lot of spirit enchants. For instance your chest should have +20 stats not spirit. You might wanna check the rest of your gear aswell. And check your stat prio. Int -> Haste/Mastery --------> Crit. Crit shouldn't even be on your list at this point since you will be still stacking haste and mastery.

Point 4. You realy didn't reforge anything. Only some hit to spirit. Please don't reforge to spirit, take haste or mastery instead.

Point 5. The spec, yeah as flower stated it's more a pvp spec that a viable raiding spec. Atleast lose nature's ward, and try and get Nature's grace / Moonglow in the balance tree. Those will save quite some people in raids.

Also pvp gear =/= pve gear.

Summary:
I think your a nice guy, but a you seem to lack quite some knowledge about healing druids, the fact that you don't use a healing addon, only use wowhead for info and basicly don't have your gear reforged makes me believe this might not be the time yet as a healing druid. Read up a lot about the ways of the Restoration Tree's and recheck your gear/spec/addons.

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

A yes from me, I don't use websites to tell me how to play my class either, never have and I doubt I ever will need too. You seem like a nice person obviously english isn't your first language but it is very good considering you are only 15.

The people that are being quite negative in this post need to read it clearly first tbh -

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?
I have been in Cealestis a PvP guild. I PvPed alot before but now i have been more too raiding and stuffs like that.
And i left if because i wanna too join a PvE guild. Now im in The night ravens and its just a guild i joind to not be guild less.

So yes his things will be aimed more towards PvP, im pretty sure he is going to change them to a more raiding environment and also take advice from other people. Some PvP gear especially season 9 epics is quite good especially if you have had bad luck in drops etc, We looked over his gear last night and tbh I think there was one item (the bracers) which is nothing really.

So I see nothing wrong with giving you a shot, we do need resto druids, and aslong as you are willing to listen to advice and obviously change a few things theres no problem from me (I mean helpful advice aswell not just listing points why he is wrong, Which isn't that helpful and doesn't come across nice at all).

So the main question would be, Are you willing to listen to advice change things which are needed and able to understand spoken english in the middle of a raid environment correctly filip?.

If so welcome aboard from me, Just have to wait obviously to what Jodie and other officers say. Good luck

Everlightly

I'm unfortuantly going to have to say no for this one.

I'm going to stick with most the comments made by fowler and moombee, as a pve situation we need players that are experienced and knowledgable of their class, and can play it well in a pve enviornment. We are progressing into hard encounters in firelands and need ready and experienced players

From the lack of reforging and gem choices including the meta that has already mentioned, glpyhs etc, I have a lv85 resto druid alt, althought my knowledge is very minimal as I don't really play it that much I can see alot of errors.

I;ld recommend looking up elitist jerks, resto druid forums via google searches. Wowhead isn't a a great source of knowledge for class information so I can see where you going wrong.

I'ld recommend some deep research into your class before making another application to any other guild for raiding/social-raiding spots, as this may cause simular replies, if you did manage to sort out your character in quick time, i may change my mind.
Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

As mentioned pvp is not same as pve, however if you play well in pvp, you can easily turn your hand to pve.

If you make the recomended changes that our chaps mentioned above then I don't see any issues.

re healing add-ons - if you use mouse-over macros and the default UI you can get by easy enough, I would say they are useful but not essential, but it's worth chatting to the healer team if you get accepted - as we all have differeing opinions on "the best" add on.

Tethane
Guild Mistress

I did discuss at least some of this last night with Filip and his armory was yet to be updated from his transfer, he was in the process of re enchanting some gear and I would assume that this probably applies to gems/glyphs/talents as well (from being an active PvPer.)

I pushed him to make an application last night to get responses quickly, which is probably why his character is not optimum, and I take partial responsibility for that (sorry Filip!)

If we can address the points made then great. If I can summarize. All of this can be found in this super guide on EJ.

http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t110354-resto_cataclysm_4_2_a/#post1777982

1. Glyphs
2. Meta gem
3. Using your profession bonuses on your gear (JC)
4. stat prio. Int -> Haste/Mastery --------> Crit. For reforging/gems/enchants
5. Viable raiding spec this is what elitest jerks recommends http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0hrhZZRfuhd0ru0uo:VocVmb
6. Addons, now whilst I know that some people don't use them for healing they can really be of help look into grid/clique/grid status hots etc, when I healed on my druid (although a long time ago) they improved my play greatly!

www.treebarkjacket.com is a good blog to have a read of
http://elitistjerks.com/f73/ is the direct link to the druid forums, if it has [Resto] at the start of the title you know its about your spec.

Once you have had a chance to do this let us know and we can have another look Happy

Thank you for applying and hopefully we will hear back from you soon!

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Also remember we are not a hardcore raiding guild!, so if people want to raid and are willing to get better gear and change certain things to different environments(which tbh true item level is 357 isnt that low)that is good enough for me. Don't like this "No your not good enough" Attitude tbh that is not what we are about wish people would remember that!.

Grid+Clique or even Healbot is very useful Filip but if you don't need them cool! I knew a healer like that before, one of my best friends (Raiyen) He never used an healing addon either, and no one complained about his healing.

Not everyone needs addons, they help and yea would be good if you get them but if you are confident you don't need them and healing in pvp is more hectic than pve as you are actually targetted constantly.

We need a resto druid, so still a yes from me just go tweek your things and should be ok. Could join as social for the moment and get your gear sorted over night?.

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Sounds like a plan, Tui is right we are not a hardcore raiding Guild but we do like people to be the best they can be in a raid environment. Perhaps his suggestion is best join the Guild as Social and we can assist you in the tweaking required to get you ready for raiding Firelands, if thats ok with you and you would be happy to be open to the suggestions made!

Hievna
Enlightened

Trial is made for this kind of situation. To give people a chance to prove what they are made of.

Luzch

Sounds like a plan, Tui is right we are not a hardcore raiding Guild but we do like people to be the best they can be in a raid environment. Perhaps his suggestion is best join the Guild as Social and we can assist you in the tweaking required to get you ready for raiding Firelands, if thats ok with you and you would be happy to be open to the suggestions made!

Ye that is fine whit me:)

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum