Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wupas

re: Wupas the druid raider application - ACCEPTED

1. What is your name, age and location?
My name is Frode i am 26 years old and from Denmark

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)
Character name: Pilske atm, but will be named Wupas upon touching ED again.
Level: 85
Spec: Resto mainspec, Feral tank/halfdps OS
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shadowsong/pilske/simple

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?

I know FE from before Cataclysm, and i know i can expect some fun during raids and just in general guildchat.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?

I know most of the officers and many down the roster (although i can see quite a few is missing)

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

On Emerald dream i have only been in FE, i left 1½ month or so before Cataclysm to join up with some former guildies on kazzak horde in hope of reliving some of the olden orc days. That being said i did however leave the guild without posting a message or contacting any officers, althought it's not an excuse i did however make a forum post (i thought) explaining the reason why i suddently vanished. And if my application gets judged on that i will understand you considering i would do the same in that situation. My druid is currently on shadowsong after me and a few others left my old horde guild after some rather large drama. We agreed on starting up on Shadowsong but we were only 2 that made it there while the other went to stormscale and stormreaver horde side.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.

I got 6 dorfs and consider myself a dorf in human disguise! on a serious note; i show up the for raids i sign for and are always prepared and i got a decent sens of humor Happy.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

My main raiding soec is resto i prefer that because i am more confident as a healer than i am as a dps/tank. That being said i am flexible according to the needs of a raid setup. My current OS is feral tank, with a few kitty features (in my eyes), but this spec is subject to change quite often.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?

I read various stes like elitist jerk and official forums class section 8not too much good info there but ah well)

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?

I settled into this spec after a few detours but am still trying to find ways to improve it, the glyphs are more or less default for any of the builds currently around for resto.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.

I am in control of my time and i have only had to leave a raid once before it ended.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?

I am availible for raiding most of the week with saturdays and fridays being somewhat offdays for me.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?

DBM, Omen, Grid, AG unitframes and Bartender as the most proment ones, recount etc on the other end Happy

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?

Have cleared almost everything pre Cata with the exception of naxx (vanilla] aq40, BT and ulduar. and then lady vash'j in SSC and KT in TK (darn buggers)

What raids do you believe you are geared for?

I Should be geared for BWD, BoT and TotfW normal in my hc/boe epic mix.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?

Have done 8/12 icc 25man and a couple of random HC encounters in Ulduar.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?

Will take it into consideration because there is always new things to learn about the class and the specs.

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

It will drop again, at least that's my expirience on that field.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?

Nothing, will wait my turn.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?

Ignore it, no point in starting a fight due to reactions like that.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?

Like going down into the dwarven chest after more gold.

But but but but your an elf!!! we need dorfs.

Everlightly

Frode, I got on really well with you and you we're a good addition to the guild back in ICC. My main worry though was your conduct during the time you left and the lack of contact during that time.

This is what i'm unsure of, if your mates decided to make another guild run off to a different realm again will you follow them again or you planning to stick around for good.

The 2 other things aswell, we are pretty much overrun with resto druids now, and have 3 available most nights, and healer slots are pretty much covered with a brand new healing squad plus a few oldies.

We also have a full ban on recruiting male night elfs because of how ugly they are and i'm currently going through trying to pay for peeps race changes and can't afford to pay for more.

I'ld be happy to have you back if you promise to stay with us, but i'm not sure where you'll fit in with raiding
wupas

Firstly i can assure you that i won't be running off to other realms where my friends play, mainly because i feel bad about how things ended last time around. But also because i don't see a reason why i should do that anymore. Most of the are playing as greenskins again while others have stopped playing.

As for raiding i don't mind being a social/last resort, but i am still open to respec if that's needed.

PS. Don't hate the elfs, the doggies sniff too much, and trust me, i would have made this a dorf if that was in any way possible Happy

In any case you can always chat me up on Frodorf Happy

wow has a fickle player base, and irl mates or long term wow-buddies do put forward "great plans to do X,Y and Z", and it always sounds super awesome, and I am sure most people at one point or other has done similar. I think the issue (as you raised yourself) is that you never said anything to anyone.

Anyway I enjoyed raids with you back in ICC - dorfs rock.

Jarakuel / Chris
Wanderer

re: App

As stated by jonny and pob, if you're loyal etc to the guild, then would be good to get another member to our awesomeness team.

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Im thinking no, as you just left without warning and actually made Jodie quite worried about your well being and if you where ok in real life, so on that I say no.

Maybe will be willing to change my mind in future depending response and how you go about rectifying the past.

Everlightly

I'm in two minds really Frode, really Am and I would proberly say this.

If your welcomed back into the guild i'ld be more than happy to see you back.

If your application is declined then I will fully understand why and support that decision.

But as it stands i'm not going to give my thumbs up or say no, i'm just going to agree with what ever is decided.
wupas

As Peter said i left without a warning, and i sincerely apologise for that, also because i did not check back onto the forums (for the thread i thought i posted) until mid january.

I can try to clarify it as much as i want but it will ultimately all sound like excuses, so i accept any decision made on my application because i fully understand it from your point of view.

I would vote for giving him a second chance as imo everyone deserves that.
But keep a close eye on him with his new trial period if he gets accepted ofc.

You know what Frode, I'm going to give you a second chance, although raiding spots for a resto druid maybe limited just so you understand that!

We also have a new policy that all raider trials must sign for 100% of raids until their trial is up.

Lets just make sure you don't go on any leave of absence soon! I was hugely worried about you last time because you had just been to hospital, I thought something nasty had happened!

Poke me or another Officer in game for an invite. This is my call Frode, so don't let me down.

Quote:
PS. Don't hate the elfs, the doggies sniff too much, and trust me, i would have made this a dorf if that was in any way possible

You haven't seen me lately have you!

wupas

Thanks for the second chance, i really appreciate it and i promise i won't mess it up.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum