Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
zensteve

re: .

This topic is answered here
2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)
Stëve

;)

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Sycamorechaz
Fallen

re: Stëve level 73 mage - Social spot - WITHDRAWN

Please everyone read the application fully and use the armory link he provided. Because things like this happens......

zensteve

So just so you all know, I want to continue with my application, I was just abit confused as to why you were so annoyed with my forum name, until you guys realised its not my in-game name. Sorry for the cock up, thanks for reading though.

Steve

Everlightly

no steve, my fault, I should learn to read better.
Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

haha, very amusing app all in all.

I would assume that peter's post is massively tongue in cheek, and not "Decline", I could be wrong of course, perhaps a a key indicator such as a smiley could be used for those who may miss the sarcasm.

I agree with Steve that a lot has been made out of nothing here, and after all its for a social spot to talk to those who are likely to be around in his limited play time.

Yes guys it is a game

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Yup it is a game and I am thinking about the things outside of the game and as I said it isn't just Harry that has been an idiot from Chaz's group of friends. Your replies kind of show the type of person you are, very rude and insultive for no reason? I said no from my point of View told you why, and your response was to call me stupid and get over it, its a game. Seems very aggresive if you are not really bothered about joining a guild. Im just wondering is that how you react to people/things when it doesn't go your way or you get told no? (A serious question as we need to know this because we cant please everyone and sometimes people get told no)

(Chaz he has played from Vanilla the Lol names appeared BC onwards, so he should know about the reputation of that and it is his forum name so was he signed up on guildlaunch from vanilla if so could be understandable, but thats unlikely)

zensteve

End of the day mate, I work long days with arseholes, not gonna have one to talk to in-game too, because that's the vibe I get from you.
I was rude and insultive for no reason? Yep I was right, you're stupid, or atleast dim. That is not aggresive, maybe you should get out sometime. Again this is/was a social App, not a raiding app, maybe you just like the attention, massive ego, but what 5ft1 I'm guessing? Bit of the ol' jack russel syndrome, or what I also know as little man syndrome. To when things "dont go my way" where on earth do you think of these questions, if someone tells me no, which usually concludes with a reason, I generally accept it but it actually depends what the "no" was for. You must be a perfect guy, as Galadruin said "I agree with Steve that a lot has been made out of nothing here" you have to be some sort of attention seeker or just like the "wow peter is an arse" I've been told you're a decent guy in guild/game, shame you dont come across that way. I would have kept my mouth shut but I cannot hold back you just keep digging with stupid questions.

As for vanilla onwards, (BC) Lol = alt/twink as I said, not just a ninja guild like on this server, I tended to keep my nose clean was just a raider in the evening, screw spending all day on it like some people have done.

Thanks anyway, what a waste of time this was, Peter just doesn't like you Chaz :p or any of your friends, so what he says goes He knows what i'm like obviously, so he should expect this.

Up your's pete.

Toofles the Great

Well Peter, I believe you should be a little less cautious about him. I don;t see why Steve couldn't fill in, even though his name in one or other way ended in "lol". And Chaz's friends... Well, I had enough of his brother :3 Anyways...
I believe trials are all about giving a person time to show his good/bad sides, not just saying "no" to a good looking application with all the arguments needed.

I am just saying. Not trying to imply anything, just give him a friggin' chance.

This thread is massively embarrassing....... I hate to say this peter but I believe you are wrong here. Entitled to your own opinion of course but people should ALWAYS be judged on their own merits. Not the actions of others they may or may not be associated with.

And as for the issue with 'lol' in a name. Get over yourselves people...i mean c'mon. Does this even matter at all?

This thread makes me sad.

Alan

Everlightly

Any ways this has gone a little off track, well off track by a huge amount really.

I see nothing really wrong with the application, at all really, Chaz's mates have a bad rep, but if we do not show a trusting nature then we're will that get us.

Lets not tarnish one person into a small group of others and lets accually give steve a chance, if he's not been put off.

This is also a little off putting for any people that do wish to apply to the guild so i'ld prefer to keep any more extreme points of view to ourselfs, and i'ld advise an admin to edit it to tone it down, or least can the posters please edit their post to ton down. I have with my initial post.
Elcaco
caliban/seven
Guardian

well i have no troubbel that u join as a social.

good that u changed the name even if it was only a forum name.

re: re: Steve - level 73 mage, social spot

Having just applied on Rianom and not having had many replies I was wondering why Steve's social application had so many, so I had a look.

I would like to defend Peter here a little bit, yes, I agree that everyone should be judged on their own merits, but Peter's reasons sounded valid to me, although he didn't realise that the name was a forum name, and I understand his cautiousness. As far as I can see he is an officer, so he is entitled to make his decision giving his reasons, even if his decision is not popular. Going by the latest reaction from Steve, I feel he has sort of been proved right.

(By the way, I have been playing since nearly Vanilla days and seen all these players with ...lol in their name, but wasn't aware either that they were ninjas, just thought that kids usually name their characters like this).

To Steve I would say, if you are reading this, 1) all the decent guilds will want you to apply even for a social spot as they want to get to know you a little first, 2) even if you didn't like Peter's decision, there were still other officers and you had not been turned down yet, 3) all you needed to do was to point out your views in a mature way, wait and don't get into an argument. You did initially do this, but then later on you let your anger spill over into the forum and this is not very nice to read. Even if you feel that you have been treated unfairly, it is always best to try and stay calm, as hard as this can be.

Maria Happy

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Again with the insults in your reply :S, Seriously im trying to give you a shot to see if you are not like the usual group of mates Chaz has, but every time I come back to read you just let me down :S. I haven't been insultive towards you, I have said no and my reasons why, if you don't like my reasons you could atleast try to come across and show my reasons are invalid but so far you have just shown I am right to be cautious.

It is a game but I care who joins the guild, after being in the guild for 3 years I know how much people can destroy things, Everyone who has decided to attack me, Have I actually said anything bad? Or did I just say no.

We have a lot of members we do not need to take anymore on the people we have are all a nice decent bunch of people, that is why Chaz told you to apply as social we do not need to take anyone and everyone. Normally I am the first to say yes to social this time I was cautious and tbh, after the responses I stand by my caution.
Its an appliction people can say yes or no, I said no and you seem to of had a right hissy fit for lack of a better word :S.

You can hate me for it or not, but I am looking out for the guild and future arguments and not liking Chaz haha, one of the biggest bs of all time think Chaz is one of the nicest people on game tbh, Just a shame his friends let him down most of the time. I was sincerely hoping you would be different.

I was the only one to say no btw so you would of still got in, and still might if the other officers decide to stick with there original answers.

zensteve

This'll be the last reply from me, how could you expect me to "respect" you or being decent towards you, 1) I dont know you, and 2) you dont know me, usually you are meant to get to know others to understand how they act. In all fairness you brought this all on, leading to people posting their opinions on a social app, by saying "no" because of a word I mean really pal, lol... as if its major anyway. I will stand by it and say its stupid/daft/dim. Chaz didn't tell me to apply he said you need to apply to get in as a social, in the end I did make the choice to apply.

So I apparently had a hissy fit, again in all fairness, it was my opinion on what your vote was, nothing wrong with saying my thoughts on it, plenty of people have agreed your vote for no, was daft...
With my insults though, I said you were stupid/dim because of the comment and reason for the no from you, I didn't say anything else about you to insult, I merely suggested you may be.

Maybe this is what you wanted, to see how I reacted on forum. One of Chaz's mates, hmmm i'll bring his "true colours" out on forum that way we wont have to waste time testing him out in guild, just a suggestion.
but your accusations really should be kept to yourself, as they say it is the mother of all fuck ups, scuse my french.

Finally I quote, "We have a lot of members we do not need to take anymore on" so you're basically saying, to anyone new that wants to apply, don't bother because we don't really need you. You haven't said anything bad, just your opinion obviously matters most, otherwise you wouldn't have made such a fuss about my name, or me being "associated" with Harry, Scott etc.
You're not normal in my eyes, because your reasoning is floored. Stay strong with your cautiousness.

I do care about joining, so a simple yes/no would be great, so we can all move along in our wonderful lives!

zensteve

but your accusations/assumptions really should be kept to yourself, as they say it is the mother of all fuck ups, scuse my french.

Missed a word -.- sorry

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum