Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: Rianom - arcane mage - raiding application - ACCEPTED

1. What is your name, age and location?

My name is Maria, I'm 30, I'm German, but live in the Uk with my British partner and two boys.

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)

I am playing Rianom, an arcane mage (with frost offspec). My professions are Alchemy and Herbalism, and all other secondary ones. I have a horde paladin alt which I started when I did not have a lot to do on Rianom. The paladin is on the horde side, because my son (who is 10) wanted to start playing too and I could help him that way. We have two accounts as my partner also plays.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/rianom/simple

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?

I am applying to your guild because I have not been able to raid with the guild I am in at the moment, and am missing this aspect of the game. I am also interested to join a lively social guild with many friendly people.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?

I know Mairal who when asked about the guild gave you a very glowing and enthusiastic recommendation.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

As I have been playing for a good five years now I have been in a few guilds. The reason why I usually had to leave a guild is that the guild either disbands or people stop playing and the guild effectively dies. Since Cata came out I have been struggeling to find a guild where I can settle down. The guild I am in at the moment is a nice social guild, but does not manage to raid. I don't have any other applications to other guilds as I would rather join a guild that has been recommended by someone I know.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.

Hmm, well, first of all that I am female! (lol) Having 3 boys at home, I'm good at dealing with men :P. I also think I am kind, trustworthy, reliable and hopefully good at playing my mage.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

My raiding spec is arcane. I used to be fire pre WotlK, but arcane then became the higher dps spec and once I tried it, I loved it. According to what I have read, it is still the best dps spec for Cata, so I am happy. My offspec is frost which I also love, but use mainly for questing or the occasional pvp.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?

I try my best to read up on mages on wesites like EliteJerkist, but sometimes it's a bit difficult due to real life and family wanting some attention too. I am always happy for tips from other people as well.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?

Both my talents and glyphs I chose after reading up on what was considered to be the best for dps by other mages, taking into consideration my play style.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.

Yes I can.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?

I can do any night providing I know a couple of days in advance that I am raiding so I can plan it in. Your current raiding times suit me very well.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?

I am mainly using DBM and Decursive, but have a number of other add-ons, like ora3, recount, etc. which I find helpful.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?

I have raiding experience in most raids, including ICC10 and ICC25 on Rianom. I did not do ICCC on heroic, only the gunboat. On Rianom I have been raiding as dps and have been inside BWD and BoT, but we did not get any bosses down. On my horde paladin however, I have experience on the first two bosses of BWD and BoT as a healer.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?

I believe I am geared to start raiding BWD and BoT.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?

I have tried and completed some raid achievements before Cata in the older raids and I like the challenge, so am happy to try more.
I did not do any hard modes.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?

Happy that someone is taking the trouble to help me out, and always happy to receive advice. There are so many different views, it's sometimes not easy to decide what is best, so the more tips the better.

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

Loot in general is not my main concern, I want to do the bosses and see the instances, so I would be happy for the person who wins it.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?

Not worried as I have a family who want my attention too. I'm sure I get another chance another time.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?

Hmm, not so easy, I can't guarantee that I wouldn't be unhappy, but I would probably ask myself if he was right first and if so, how can I improve. If he was wrong, I would probably be upset a little but would want to forget it especially if it was a long night and if things don't work out in a raid and people get tired, this can happen.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?

A bit sad that is is not working, but sometimes it takes a lot of wiping before progression is made. I wouldn't expect the raiding to smoothly every time.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Nice to see your application, and a great application it is! Have the thumbs up from me, would like some other Officer comments before committing though!

Hievna
Enlightened

There are a few questions that i would like to ask. You have glyph of AB and mage armor and glyph of arcane missile. Why did you choose arcane missile and not barrage? And why did you put two points on invocation? Im not saying that these are wrong choices, but not something that i would take.

I noticed that you have 11.79% hit and also that you have spirits in three of your gear. I checked how you reforged your gear and noticed, that you only have reforged one of your spirit gear to hit. You have two other gear that have spirit on them and you didnt reforge them to hit, but instead you refoged matery to hit.

If you change your spirit gear to actual dps gear, you would gain 300 points (after reforging) of any of the secondary stats instead of spirit, which isnt any use to mages. There is also hit trinket that can be bought from baradins warden, once you hit exalted. By changing your spirit gear and one of your trinke,t you would be very close to 17% hit, which is the number you want if you are going to raid.

I think we need more mages, since there isnt many raid active mages at the moment.

Jarakuel / Chris
Wanderer

re: Rianom Arcane Mage application.

(Not an officer) Just out of interest, from what i understand arcane is the highest dps output / but not the best sustained. E.g. movement fights, fire mages can still pop some spells on the move. E.g. Scorch with molten armor active, fire blast, instant pyroblast (when 2 crits occur in a row). The main focus with fire is crit after hit tho. Not yet had a good experiment with it as i've neglected my mage for my warrior and paladin. I haven't spent enough time gearing my mage to give an accurate estimate dps difference between each spec, but i have tried all 3. I found that in dungeons, arcane was the highest dps spec due to the 2 - 3 button spam, Arcane blast, Arcane missile, Arcane Barrage. I found that when i attempted to raid BWD first boss, because of the movement and AoE, fire spec pulled a good few thousand dps more, and frost was just fun for the big crits but overall was the lowest dps.
I believe with decent crit and hit, fire is just pure uberness. Might be worth a try on the target dummys, if you have the spare gold to reforge any spare useless stats to either hit or crit.
Like i say (not an officer) but i think your raiding attitude is excellent. I think you've got the right buzz about raiding.

Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

Nice app.

Give us more dedicated 3 nights a week, Team 25 raiders.

re: Rianom - arcane mage - raiding application

Hi again,

thanks for the comments. To answer your questions, yes I agree, I need to reforge differently for raiding.

As I hadn't been raiding so far, I only reforged for use in heroic instances going by what new gear I was acquiring at the time.

With regards to the glyphs, from what I understand and from how I rotate my spells, arcane missiles is more useful to me at the moment then arcane barrage. This might ofc change in raid fights where I have to move a lot more, so I would need to see how it pans out.

With regards to the 2 points in invocation, I took them as I found that I am interrupting a lot in heroics and I wanted the damage bonus. Again, I will have to see how much interrupting I do in raids and if putting the 2 points elsewhere might be more useful.

Your comments about the fire spec, Chris, is very interesting. At the moment I have no problem with movement and casting spells, Barrage is instant and Missiles are very quick to cast. At the beginning of Cata I tried out a fire spec for a while but found the casting too slow, so changed back to arcane and I am now finding that I am doing a ton of damage. However, raids are different, and I am always open to try out new things and change my spec if it would work better for raiding.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Is arcane actually highest yet, has it been buffed? because it has been fire/frost arcane sucks and should be a low dps spec, for stupid people who can't play as its like 2 buttons :D.

Last I knew was fire/frost then arcane for cata which I liked as it took more than spamming one button, so have you tried fire?.

I like the app though tis cool you seem a nice person so a yes from me.

Hievna
Enlightened

Frost is lowest. Arcane is decent and fire is strongest. Next patch buffs arcane spells by 13%, so its going to te quite strong.
This is my opinion.

Jarakuel / Chris
Wanderer

re: Mage app

I really like this application tbh, i like that you're open to suggestions. As i said before, crit is essential for fire spec, i've seen fire mages in heroics, fair enough they were nearly 3/4 epic, but they were popping 30k single target on boss fights without heroism. Mental! Then again i've popped similar dps as arcane spec on my mage on wildhammer when i dinged 85. First dinged and popping like 18k on boss fights in heroics. Although looking back at the boss fights, i did go OOM alot quicker.
I think that fire spec has the better sustained fight damage single target, however, arcane has the better single target burst damage. This would be handy in fights such as Cho'gall for the adds on first phase, as they need to be nuked A.S.A.P! Although you'd then have nerfed AoE damage. xD. If you are accepted and i really hope you do get accepted, i'd be happy helping you grind heroics / rep to gear up and that for raids if needed ofcourse.

Elcaco
caliban/seven
Guardian

a good application endid. have nothing against u join us.

how uplay is all up to u. acctually good to have a mix of mages.

Everlightly

Had a Chat with Tethane and since we have good reviews here we are happy to offer you a spoit in FE, please whisper an officer in game for an invite.

Also, we have a raid tonight, and a few numbers short of 25, if your able to raid tonight then gives us a good chance to be 25 raiding tonight, no presure
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

This is a nice application and very open to a mature conversation and willing to change so welcome aboard and hope you enjoy it Happy. First day and a raid (Go grab flasks and repair so Evul Jonny doesnt appear :p)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum