Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cosmin_Opall

re: Opall - Elemental / Restoration - raiding - ACCEPTED

1. What is your name, age and location?

Hey, my name is Cosmin, I'm 23 years old and I live in Romania

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)

My main is Opall ( http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/opall/simple ) - lvl 85 Elemental / Resto shammy, with Enchanting (525) and Jewelcrafting (531).
As an alt, I'm currently playing a hunter, Lucaryo ( http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/lucaryo/simple ), but just dinged 85 a couple of days ago so there's no much to be said about it.

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?

First of all, because it's a very nice, friendly and yet good guild. I've had the pleasure to run several raid / heroic pugs with different members of FE and all of them seemed extremely kind, not to mention every single one of them knew their class and what they were doing in the fights, and second of all because one of my best friends is already a member of the guild, Slackah, and he strongly encouraged me to apply.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?

Well, I know Slackah in real life and a decent amount of members from pugs on achievement runs, weeklies, heroics.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

Well I've been playing on EU - Kilrogg before transfering here, been a member of a nice guild but it kinda ran out of motivation and members, so I decided to move along with Slackah (he was playing on EU-Sylvanas) on Emerald Dream. I dont have any pending applications to any other guild.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.

I'd start by saying that I know everything about my class, how to play all specs, (been playing Resto a couple of years). I'm a very good listener, I always focus on everything during fights, doing my best for everything to run smooth. I always check up vids and texts about tactics before we attend a new fight, or even the ones I'm not sure of, always coming prepared with class-food, flasks to raids. I'm also compatible with your raiding schedule and I'm pretty sure I can attend 90%-100% of the runs. All in all I'm a nice, friendly and funny guy.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

I'm interested in becoming a raiding members of Forsaken Enlightenment.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

Atm I'm playing Elemental a raiding spec because I find it quite different than the WotLK one, which pretty much made me curious to try it, and as a dual spec, Resto, but I'm not yet geared to heal Cata raids.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?

I always keep myself up-to-date with news from mmo-champion, theorycrafting and debates from elitistjerks.com and several other shammy-related sites.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?

I've chosen my talents mostly for casting damage but also for a couple of different situations, like Earth's Grasp and Ancestral Swiftness, and regarding my glyphs, I've chosen them to support my talent build. I check other builds every now and then, especially after patches, and I carefully check and think of the differences, so in the end I'll use the most suitable one.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.

Yes i'm in full comtrol of my own time.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?

Yep I've taken note of FE's raiding days and they perfectly match my free time.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?

Omen, DBM, Totem Timer and Recount.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?

Pretty much all content since Vanilla, as both DPS and Healer, tho I'm lacking some hc versions of wotlk raids.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?

As for elemental, my gear is iLvl 350 and I think it's pretty decent for the current fights, but my resto gear still needs some improvements.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?

Yes, I've tried and succeeded on some, but I still lack parts of the meta-achievement for Glory of Ulduar/Icecrown Raider. I'm looking forward to try more in future.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?

I accept constructive critics and obviously advices from other guildies, therefore, I'll consider his advice, do a series of tests and of course, if it's indeed better, I'll stick up to it.

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

I won't react at all, maybe will just feel a bit sad, but since we're playing for fun and for the guild, I'm still happy that item went to another guildie and it'll count in the next encounters on our way to progress.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?

I won't get upset and angry, but it would be nice for my standby placement to be confirmed at least a couple of hours before the raid starts, just in case I might had anything important to do but postponed it in order to get to the raid.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?

I will pretty much pretend I haven't seen anything, cuz he'll stop for sure if I won't flame or reply angry and also would secretly check up about his comment to see if it's true, and if indeed is, I'll improve the thing I've done wrong.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?

Since wiping is a fair big part of progression, it wouldn't bother me, afterall it's just 3 hours and it's pretty challenging to feel you're actually contribuing with something, along with 24 other friends, re-thinking the fight and strategy, rather than 1-shotting everything like in a single-player game. I'd also have to add that spending gold on repairs won't be any problem at all.
Slackahboom

A very good player and friend of mine Happy Thumbs up!

Btw, pretty nice application mate, congrats! Happy
Sputtnik
Enlightened

Nice well written app! good luck!

nice application, nothing wrong in there.
as long as u both can play restro shammy and elemntal i think it can help to get the spots needed for raid. need to have some replacements.
so i have no troubbel to welcome to guild

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Elcaco
caliban/seven
Guardian

uhm something went wron in my loggin. that quest above was me.

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Quote:
I won't get upset and angry, but it would be nice for my standby placement to be confirmed at least a couple of hours before the raid starts, just in case I might had anything important to do but postponed it in order to get to the raid.

I try to do the lists the night before the raid (some times I slip a little thou!) so this isnt a problem, although we do like standbys to be doing just that standing by!

Ah yeah, i know and i'll be available as a standby aswell Happy

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Tethane
Guild Mistress

We are filling up on raiders so Im hesitant to recruit you, but if you are ok with perhaps waiting for your chance to raid (people come people go, spaces free up!) Then I would be happy to accept you.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum