Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dwarven Corpsebride

re: Corpsebride - Dwarven Retri Paladin - ACCEPTED

Questions for all applicants:

1. What is your name, age and location?

Richard, 27, UK.

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)

She is Corsebride, a 85 Paladin, Retribution spec, Miner and engineer.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Emerald%20dream/Corpsebride/simple

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?

I am seeking to join a relaxed and freindly social guild thatis not above raiding just for fun in some of the older instances, a fairly casual guild that remembers that wow is still a game and mistakes happen some times.
Im hoping for old runs, like fun ICC's or Ulduar, i collect reps and im short on the older raid instance reps.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?

I heard about the guild through an assoiate in my current guild which has ground toa halt on attendance, he said he used to be in the guild on another chartacter but left and recommended your group for me.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

I used to be in Ascentium but left the game for a extended duration and was removed form the guild in that absence, then i moved into Twilight of the gods but that guild split into a hardcore raiding guild and my part which was more casual social guild but people have ceased to attend or make runs.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.

I am a relaxed and light hearted player who is frequently in game and has been in wow since they added Blackwing Lair, I am always keen to make a fun dungeon run and wants to see new things in WoW (old instance, optional bosses, that kinda jazz)

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

I am primarily interested in becoming social player but I would like to make attendance on some raiding nights, I did the whole hardcore raiding guild long time ago.

- Questions for raiders only:

- What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

I have protection spec with full points in all but guardians favour adn slefless healer to favour damage outputs in other trees, I prefer this spec as i get into the action more.
My other spec ifs Holy spec toa talent selection i am happy with but have not kitted out yet to try healing any events, I used to a assist healer in the Burning crusade raids.

- How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?

I tend to gleam information from other players, i read the patch notes when stalents change to understand the nature of the alterations.

- Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?

I chose the talents and glyphs iuse as i feel they are the best choices for my use to run dungeons, I appreciate other use differnt build but everyone plays it differently

- Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.

I have control of my own time, if I have anything else planned for the evening I wont sign up for the run.

- When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?

I prefer to raid in afternoons through nights until early mornings, im on to run Monday to Saturday on most nights.

- What add-ons do you like to use for raids?

I currently do not have any addons as i have no raiding guild, I had deadly boss mods but kept getting lua errors so disablesd it.

- What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?

I made raids as a assist healer all through the vanilla and Burning Crusade and moved into DPS class for Wrath of the Lich King onwards.
I have been throguh the ealry parts of ICC and Ulduar but not attended any Cata raids yet.

- What raids do you believe you are geared for?

I am currently not geared enough to raid on the Cataclysm runs, I am slowly improving my kit.

- Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?

I havent not been in a guild that has seriously raided enough to have made a try for the acheivments since ICC.

- Some difficult scenarios

- An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?

Accept the advice and try to follow it if i can at the time, had suggestions about gems on previous kit when i simply couldnt afford them.

- An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

Shrug it off, it will drop again eventually or sometihng else will come up in due course.

- In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?

Probably make a short pleae for attendance to the relevant raid leader before the next guild raid but carry on and do something else in or out of game.

- After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?

Brush it off and tell them its just a game and im doing what I can.

- We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?

It would be a lie if i said there would be no frustration in that situation but I try to stick through with things until raiding concludes and the raid disbands for the night.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Sherawr
Guardian

Hi Richard, firstly thanks for the app. Caould you please tell us who reccomended you from your current guild?

Having read through your app and looked at your armory I have only one point to make about your talents really. I think you have a couple of wasted talents as your RET spec in Divinity, these would be better placed indeeed in Selfless Healer or Arbiter of the light. Either one is going to increase your total DPS, and I know in Raid situations the ability to throw out a quick heal on someone, or yourself and at the same time increase DPS will be mucho appreciated during times of heavy fire.
We do currently have a few raiding Paladins be it Holy or Ret, and Prot however as your currrently not geared for Cata raids shouldn't be a problem in the near future and when you are, well competition can only be good Happy , and we are always open to welcoming Social members.
At the moment we do not go back much to old world content, well not as a guild grp as we are currently focusing on Raid progression, I myself have gone in my spare time to try Solo some old world stuff but thats about it Happy

My stance is that your App should be accepted on a social aspect , with the view to sign and be considered for raids once you are happy and greared Happy

see what my fellow officers say and look forward to seeing u in guild soon

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

I don't see a problem with you wanting to join us as social and be accepted, not too sure if you will get what you wan't not much old raids happen people are more bothered about epix now adays and getting them.

There is a few people who still like to mess around and have fun in old raids as of late so im sure they would be happy to have more people with them.

thanks for your app Happy so a yes from me.

I've tried that recommended change to my talents, dropped a few points elsewhere to get both, seeing how that works out Happy

I dont expect to be in new content raids for long time, I never was but for old stuff if any one looks for a group then expect me to put my hand up immediatly Happy
I'd rather be in a guild that does somtihng than my dead one, havent left it becuase im still getting my guild buffs that were earned.

Toofles the Great

As a simple guild's peasant I can see that this app is awesome. Yet, you are a dwarf. That concerns me.

More Dorfs - though looking at the character she is not that far from raid ready, literally a couple of items and they are there.

Plus hugo needs some competition on the whole ret dps thing

Corpsebride pending

So the position is now pending? cool Happy running out of stuff to do on my lonesome, jsut saving those Tol Barad tokens, 1 mount pet and tabard to get from them still.

Evilneo

you should also get tol barad trinket Happy, gl with ur apply

Crossless
Wanderer

yes from me

Tethane
Guild Mistress

I will accept you on a Social basis, pop an officer a /w ingame for an invite and welcome to the guild!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum