Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jinkun

re: Jinkun DKdps 2hander Frost/Blood OS Raid App - COCK

This topic is answered here
Questions for all applicants:

1. What is your name, age and location?
My name is Lee, i'm 21 years of age and I live in Cambridge, United Kingdom.

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)
My characters name is Jinkun, Level 85, Deaht Knight, 2hander frost [ Blood OS], Mining and engineering. I don't really focus on any of my professions, they're very low ( mainly buy the stuff off the auctions house )

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?
I am making an application for FE because I have the knowledge of how to play my class and my only expectation is a big nice social, talkative guild that gets along. Happy

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
Only guild member I know is Tethane, and I heared from the trade chat, and my past application with FE.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?
I have no Pending applications, except for this one that I'm making. I've been in weraidwhendrunk, but I got ignored alot, that was the reason for leaving them, since then I've joined my friends social guild and ever since been searching for a decently-awesome raiding guild.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.
I'll bring the pain!; on a more serious issue. I'll be able to bring skill of my class, kindness ( buy things for people if need be ) and just being as social as I can with the other members; having a laugh.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.
I am intrested in the raiding section.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

My Raiding spec is 2hander Frost, and my OS is Blood. As it stands atm, with 4.6 I am deeply more intrested in frost. I always loved being a melee class, never played anything else really. I love the burst I get from my frost spec and I always am able to deliver decent dps. Last fight against magmaw I was doing 14-16k as 2hander before 4.6.

I do enjoy Tanking, but I'm still getting use to tanking in cata, it's alot different then in Wrath. I currently hold 9 pieces of tanking gear. when I'm ready I'll be fully active for what every roll. I just love Death knights.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?
I'm always using MMO-champion to keep up with all the class updates and such so I know whats coming, then I use Elitist Jerks to keep my Talents in tip-top shape so I can dish out the most damage possible with my gear.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class?Why didn't you choose one of those? My Frost spec is what I got off of Elitist Jerks, it's to give me the best outcome of dps with the gear available to me, same goes with the glyphs. I use to be Duel-wield but since 4.6 was coming and the 12% increase to 2hander damage, I decided to go that spec instead, since they should now be on or near par with each other. I would've went unholy but the current nerf to them has made their dps alittle bit worse.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.
I'm fully dedicated to times for the raids, I always make sure I have nothing planned before hand, if I have something planned I will warn the raid leader 3-4 days in advance and get a replacement.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?
The times of these raids are perfectly fine with me, I have nothing interfeering with them as it stands at this time, and I make sure I have drinks with me so I won't need to go afk after a wipe or anything.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?
Recount, Omen and Deadly Boss mods

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?
All my rolls have been as DPS, and the odd tank( in wrath).
3/12 bosses downed in Cata so far ( Halfus, Magmaw and BH)
11/12 for icc10man
11/12 for icc25man ( got 25man kingslayer but we skipped all the bosses )

What raids do you believe you are geared for?
I am fully geared for all cata raids at the momentexcept for the heroic raids, I'm only ilvl 355.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?

I have tried with friends, and they're well worth the challenge, I am more then happy to try them in the future

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?
I wouldn't feel angry at a suggestion, I will try them out, but if it won't work out I will go back to what I was.

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

It's all fair, if it's a bigger upgrade to another player then they should be allowed a chance to gear up so they're not just trailing along. and if it was due to attendance then they deserve the item that way as well, since if you slack why should you be given gear without consequence, just not right. plus, it's just a game, no need to get upset over a game.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?
I would be wondering why they got on three times in a row, I would ask politely as of what is going on. Sometimes it comes down to pure spec, or the person is just better then you. Sometimes it's good to sit out and chill, and if things don't go the way they want, you're there on standby ready anyway to get straight into the fight.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?
I would have to appologize if I was getting lazy, and ask what I was doing wrong and just work on it until I got it right so they wouldn't complain buy say " nice job there ".

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?
As long as I have the gold I do not mind wiping. Wiping is needed as part of a guild if you want to progress further and obtain better gear. say after the 100th wipe I would be frustrated though, but I wouldn't rage quit from it since sometimes you need to run before you can walk.
Jinkun

Damn it all. Sorry, I forgot to put in my Armory; here it is.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/jinkun/advanced
Tethane
Guild Mistress

I like your application and your gear is what we require to hit the ground running, we have had a nice chat today and I think you will fit in well with the guild. Might be an idea to work on your professions as some item enhancements they can offer are great, so perhaps consider doing this! Thumbs up from me.

Everlightly

Hi Lee, thanks for your application

I accually liked it alot, you say you don't worry about your professions, but your a maxed engineer and miner, so i'm assuming you mean cooking/fishing etc.

Couple of questings for you, on armory you currently have a pvp battlemaster trinket and tanking boots equiped with the rest of your dps gear, can you give me a reason to this as heroic blues must be alot better.

Other than that pvp and tanking items I can't see anything else wrong with the application
Jinkun

Reason for the PvP trinket is because of the stats, I was very low on crit and that boosted me up alot, I am going to be replacing it once I get exalted with Baradin hold, that's my plan. The Tanking boosts is because from what I tested before with my blue boots. I got more strength from them, but I reforged. When I get enough VP I will replace them, or a nice pair of boots from a raid drops.

I do good dps regardless of those though Happy
Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

re DK boots, I read that the DK tank boots are better then the hc

the boots especially have (for some odd reason...) been itemized so well that they have more strength than any 359 dps boots in the game. if you are playing frost dk the mastery is very valuable and you can simply reforge off the tank stats and the additional strength will make them superior to nearly any blue. as unholy, strength is also incredibly valuable that i would recommend doing the same
- the Wildhammer/Dragonmaw tank boots are outstanding to begin raiding with if you reforge the parry into a DPS stat.#

same with the cloak as well apparently Wrap of the Great Turtle for DKs

Everlightly

Valid reasons, so thats fine with me. This gets a thumbs up from me then
Sherawr
Guardian

Went in grp with Lee today , had a chat hes seems like a nice chap, had good gear all gemmed and reforged correctly and does some nice deeps too. Seems to be exactly what FE are looking for, ok he had a battle master trink equipped but that will be sorted soon enough i should imagine.

sooooo tis a yes from me Happy

Sycamorechaz
Fallen

Good application, Everyone seems to really like the guy. But I think he could try and get engineering up to a higher lvl, some of the perks given can boost dps a little more. Apart from that, app is fine, Gear is good barring the trinket, gems/enchants/glyphs are very good.

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Im going to accept you based on the responses of officers (and the resident dwarf!) poke me in game, oh wait Im still in a group with you! Welcome to the family!

Jinkun

Thanks alot, I'll give 100% in raids, pinkie promise... unless I die :3 lol <3
Sherawr
Guardian

^^ @ chaz, tis all good bro Lee's engi is at max level, and he has 2 sets of bio shades, tonk and deeps Happy dunno bout tinkery stuff but i quite like the absorb shield on the belt and armor stufff on gloves, im sure he will get these for blood spec

Everlightly

welcome to the family, get him in tonights raid if free and space available:D
thepureoneusa

Everlightly wrote:
Hi Lee, thanks for your application

I accually liked it alot, you say you don't worry about your professions, but your a maxed engineer and miner, so i'm assuming you mean cooking/fishing etc.

Couple of questings for you, on armory you currently have a pvp battlemaster trinket and tanking boots equiped with the rest of your dps gear, can you give me a reason to this as heroic blues must be alot better.

Other than that pvp and tanking items I can't see anything else wrong with the application

A couple of "questings" what the hell are these? "accually" did u mean actually u spanner? Embarrassing
Tethane
Guild Mistress

I'm assuming this is a stupid post from Mr Deathknight who likes to take advantage of a Guilds generosity, receiving a number of nice pieces of loot on his first raid, including a BOE weapon (which I am pretty sure has been sold off now) and ninja quit a guild. Your return to the forums for anything other than an explanation is quite pathetic.

As far as coming back to correct spelling in a response to your application....... seriously........ get a grip and jog on.

If you want to get pedantic lets look at your application in a little more detail...

Deaht Knight - Someone clearly doesn't have the brain power to even spell his own class correctly.

heared - you heared about us did you? maybe you HEARD that HEARED is spelt HEARD.

alot - two separate words you know....... a lot of people do.

intrested - I'm interested in this spelling!

interfeering - Deary me, you haven't done yourself any favours here!

appologize - You should apologise more to be honest.

Thread locked, now piss off........

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum