Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jarakuel

re: lvl 85 holy paladin application - ACCEPTED

Questions for all applicants:

1. What is your name, age and location?
Chris, 21, Cornwall

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)
Jarakuel , 85, Paladin, Holy, Mining + Engineering (little slack on them at the moment but will be improved)

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?
I just want to reach end game raiding without being screamed at and have a laugh whilst i'm at it.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
I know Everlightly lvl 85 enhance shaman. I work with him in cornwall, and he keeps telling me to apply and transfer Happy.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?
I have no other pending applications. I believe the first guild i was in on my paladin was Void Watch, a previously high end raiding guild during Vanilla wow, but then turned casual raiding (although the guild leader was absent 99% of the time) Moderately successful in 10 mans in BC, and not very successful in WotLK. Now turned pretty much inactive guild. I then moved to Big Bad and Totally Mad, just a casual lvling / dungeon hc's etc guild, attempting to raid, but the members of the guild seem to lack the effort to gear their characters, or learn their specs or rotations.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.
Dedicated, quick reactions, occasional whitty humour.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.
Raiding preferrably with some social aspects ofc.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?
Holy spec as main, Retribution as off ((for grinding etc)my fail spec!)

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?
I read the patch notes, if i'm not quite sure how the new changes effect me i check the online forums, and if dps-ing i test the new rotations / changes on the target dummy's, or if changes in healing, i test them out in instances.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?
My Talents and Glyphs i believe could do with a bit of improvement, but as of recently i've been enjoying lvling too much and have spent most of my money gearing / lvling other characters professions. I put my talents and glyphs on myself without first checking forums.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.
Up to a certain degree, but at the moment as my girlfriend is at university and i only see her when she's free, i may only be able to sign up for raids up to 2 days in advance, just incase i can grab that extra day with her.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?
My main days available for raiding are: Monday evening, Tuesday evening, Wednesday evening, Thursday evening, Friday evening, Sunday evening. Sometimes these are subject to change, for example sometimes on a monday evening as i don't have to work on tuesday morning until 12 midday, i will stay over my girlfriends. So i pretty much can guarantee to be free 2 raiding days in the week most weeks, i should expect most of the time to be available for all 3 days.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?
Healbot, DBM, Miks Scrolling Battle Text, Atlas-Loot.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?
Vanilla: Molten Core cleared (mage dps), Naxx Spider Wing (mage dps).
BC: Karazhan, Zul'Aman, Mag'theridons Lair, Gruul's Lair, BT (up to Council), Tempest Keep, Serpentshrine Caverns (only to lurker) all on shaman as healer, rogue has done all but BT, Tempest, and SSC.
WotLK: I believe i've done up to LK on my shaman as healer, up to Sindy on my pally as healer. Cleared ToC 10 + 25 on shaman, obviously naxx on 10 + 25 on various characters. Eye of Eternity 10 man i think done on my paladin on Anachronos (mehitstuff). I haven't done the most recent WotLK raid. I got the boss to i believe 11% on my mage.
Cataclysm: Literally only Baradin Hold on my Paladin as healer, dps as warrior, and dps as hunter.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?
Well i believe that i am just about geared for BRD. Not entirely sure as i haven't attempted them yet.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?
WotLK Lootship hc 25! Uber!

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?
I accept any constructive criticism, although if i disagree, i will have a discussion about why i disagree, then check the forums, if they were correct i thank them, if not i inform them that the forums say otherwise in case it could be of any help to them.

An item that you desperately want drops from ICC 25 you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?
I'm not particularly fussed really as ICC 25 gear isn't really an improvement on my cataclysm blues / epix :D. But in answer to your question relevant to current raids, as anyone would be i would feel a bit down, but i know that i will get the gear i want eventually, and i enjoy raiding so it won't affect me too much like that.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?
I contact the raid organiser, and find out whats going on, whether i have offended / been singled out etc. I suppose it would depend really on how i feel i've been treated in guild.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?
If its offensive in any way, i would take a screen shot of exactly what they said to me, and i would then report it to an officer or guild leader.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?
Irritated, but not out of the ordinary, i'm used to wiping over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again! xD

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Everlightly

Yup, this Chap works in a the same shop as me, we'll only for the next 3 months before i get booted out.

Decent chap, makes a change for me when talking to a work mate about warcraft not being told to "shut up".

Most of his experience came during vanilla and tbc as we can see. Comes across as a player we could mould into our set up, doesn't seem to mind he was back up sometimes.
Jarakuel

re: Raid experience

I forgotten to mention that also i was in a guild on my shaman called "Renaissances" During the time that Ulduar was the top raid. I was recruited by a paladin when pugging with him in a raid, i then applied and was accepted almost instantly and raided ulduar 25man, completed up to Mimiron. Shortly after this progression, there was a disagreement between the guild leader and his officers, and the guild disbanded. Hope that also helps.

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Quote:
An item that you desperately want drops from ICC 25 you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?
I'm not particularly fussed really as ICC 25 gear isn't really an improvement on my cataclysm blues / epix :D. But in answer to your question relevant to current raids, as anyone would be i would feel a bit down, but i know that i will get the gear i want eventually, and i enjoy raiding so it won't affect me too much like that.

I really should update that shouldnt I!

Like the application we have an opening for a Holy Pala, hoping you will commit to all three raid nights! Yes from me but would like some other Officer feedback.

Jarakuel

re: Errr reply :P

Hehe, i'll try my best, as i say, i would really like to raid all 3 days, and i will as many weeks as possible. Also, i will have to pay for a character transfer from Wildhammer to Emerald Dream ofc, which i hope shows my commitment. But i also have to reinforce the fact that although most weeks i probably will be able to make all 3 raids, there will be a week or 2 occasionally where i may only be able to do 2 / 3 raids. I hope this is ok.
Thanks, Chris A.K.A Jarakuel

Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

not a dwarf.... and why is it not a dwarf.

All aside another Holy Pally will really help healing with their OPness at the moment and probably into 4.06 till the nerf cannon smashes us.

I would just recomend to get the cheap enchants on some pieces and character is good to go

Jarakuel

re: Other characters you may want to inspect.

You may also want to inspect some of my other lvl 85 characters, or lower characters for raid experience etc, or possible recruits.
lvl 85 Fury Warrior (OS Prot) Homersyndrme-Wildhammer (not a typo)
lvl 85 Frost Mage / Fire Mage. Fire pve, frost pvp. Magemanch-Wildhammer
lvl 85 Surv / MM Hunter. Survival main spec, sur pve and mm pve. Ithidriel-Wildhammer

lvl 84 Resto / Enhance shaman. Both pve specs. (soon to be 85) Zeusalmighty-Wildhammer.

lvl 82 Rogue Muti / Subtlety spec. Pve Muti, pvp Subtlety. One of my old main characters. Silentndedly-Wildhammer.

Just in case you wanted to inspect some of my other characters, have more lvl 80 + chars. Just ask if you want to inspect them as well.

Cheers,
Chris A.K.A Jarakuel

Strings.
Wanderer

Can get a proper little Cornish club going on here Happy
Jarakuel

re: lmao

hahah yeah! I don't know very many cornish people who play wow tbh. Was huge coincidence when i bumped into someone who dated one of my best mates in a pug on wildhammer. That was soooo weird. Cornish Power my friends!

Elcaco
caliban/seven
Guardian

cant see anything wrong in this application.
he gets a yes from me.

Jarakuel

re: Enchants etc.

I'll be online later on, will grind some JP for the gloves, gem and enchant them, get some cash together off other chars and try to half decently enchant my items. Plus i'll try my best to get the 1h healing mace from hc BRC. Hopefully a new trinket and ring too. Basically i'll try and get as geared as possible so that if you are to accept my application that i'll be geared and ready for raids.

Everlightly

I've got Chris on my real ID, so if we accept him, I can let him know and we can run through an instance and check him out.
Everlightly

Had a chat with others "envisi" has given the thumbs up, he's cool and said we can offer a trial
Tethane
Guild Mistress

As discussed it is down to me to offer trials and I would still like some more officer feedback. Sputtnik for one would be appreciated! Come on officers you are slacking!

Everlightly

Tethane wrote:
As discussed it is down to me to offer trials and I would still like some more officer feedback. Sputtnik for one would be appreciated! Come on officers you are slacking!

I asked peter about this earlier and asked twice if it was ok to invite, he said ok in which i offered the spot, other officers have commented, patriks only concerned about people that can 300% garrenty 3 nights raiding, but in really world, things come up.

I'm not going behind your back and as I said, I asked first and permission was given.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum