Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Moombee
Enlightened

re: Moombee, Restoration Druid Raiding Application - ACCEPTED

This topic is answered here
Questions for all applicants:

1. What is your name, age and location?
Alexander, i'm 23 years of age and i live in The Netherlands.

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? (please provide us with a link to your armory.)
My character's name is Moombee a level 80 restoration druid (main spec) and feral dps (off-spec, currently only used for grinding, hense the odd spec, can be changed to any spec on request or guild need.). My professions are: Enchanting (max) and Herbalism (Max)

Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Moombee

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?
I miss end game raiding a lot and i have been trying to find a guild that would fit what i am looking for in a guild (a strong social aspect in combination with serious raiding) . I hope that with the new expansion i get some chances to get back to some serious end game raiding in a new guild wich does allow it. A new guild for me with new opportunities. What i expect of the guild; a chance to prove myself mostly. To show that i can be a viable asset to your current raiding team. Also i like to be part again of a fun and dedicated raiding guild.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
I don't really know anyone from the guild, i've seen a few members here and there in pug raids. When i started searching for a new guild i remembered this guild. I took the liberty to take a look on the website on how you guys play and it looks like a pretty friendly/social and organized guild.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

-- Guilds on Bloodscalp EU (horde) --
Shiver (vanilla): Disbanded at the start of TBC to form Ethereal with the core of Shiver.
Ethereal (TBC): Left cause most of the raids i was benched, i never got a shot at raiding.
Hallucination (TBC): Merged with Method on the server Emeriss EU

-- Guilds on Emeriss EU (horde) --
Method (TBC): Disbanded due to a lot of people quitting the game. I ended up making a friends guild called Shiver.
Shiver (TBC/WOTLK): Disbanded due to the core of raiders quitting the game.

-- Guilds on Emerald Dream EU (Alliance) --
Hive (WOTLK): I left with a couple of friends to form our own friends/social guild.
Questionable Companions (WOTLK): Im currently in that guild. It's a friends guild.

I started playing on since the release of "vanilla" WoW on my druid. I've been playing restoration ever since i hit the mark of level 60. I started out as horde and transferred 2 times due to the servers dying out slowly (population growing slim). The last realm switch i also wanted to see what the alliance side was like.

During my time in Shiver (vanilla), Hallucination (TBC) and Method (TBC) i was raiding on a hardcore base meaning i raided 4+ times a week progress through end game content.

I currently have no other applications open.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.

A dedicated, helpful and social healer with years of experience in endgame raiding.
When i sign up for a raid i am on time (most of the time 15-20 mins early), prepared with flasks/food and knowing the tactics for the dungeon of the evening.
Also i got a variety of alts (level 80) with professions that might be of use to the guild.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.
I would like to apply for a spot as raiding member.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

My raiding spec would be restoration, this has always been my raiding spec for the past 5 years and so i have the most experience with it.
My current off-spec is Feral combat (dps) i'm only using that for grinding purposes at the moment. It can be re-specced to any spec needed for guild progress or preference.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?
I try and keep up as much as i can by reading site's like mmo-champion, elitist-jerks and the official forums. Also i like to debate with fellow druids on this realm and some of my older druid friends cross-realm on how/what would be the best way to go with specs/casting priority's and stat gathering.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?
Currently i chose a hot based restoration spec with the glyph's fitting that, since i don't raid a lot currently due to my guild being inactive. Ofcourse with Cata upcoming all will change and my spec will be extended or even completely changed according to changes in mechanics or nerfs/boosts of certain skills.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.
I'm in full control of my own time and unless we got some major power failure over here i'll be there at the agreed time and i am able to go beyond set raid times if needed.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?

Mon 19:30 - 24:00
Tue 20:00 - 24:00
Wed 19:30 - 24:00
Thu 19:30 - 24:00
Fri 20:00 - 24:00
Sat differs
Sun 11:00 - 16:30 (i work at night 17:00 - 23:00)

these are my regular times, ofcourse it differs from time to time getting more ore less time per day.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?
- Omen (agro meter)
- Classtimers (makes me see all my buffs/spells/hots/ currently used on my target)
- DBM (obvious choice)
- Healbot (use it for the moveable raid frame, don't use the click mechanics)
- Mik's Scrolling Battle Text (gives me an indication of the effectiveness of my healing so i can adept/change my course of action on the fly)
- although i'm not really a big fan of meters i do have Recount, mainly to see if i'm not falling behind/doing something wrong etc. I use it as a analysis tool mostly for my own use.

ofcourse i use a number of other add-ons to change the layout of my user interface (bartender and such) and my my workflow go easier but the add-ons stated above are mainly for raids.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?

Vanilla

MC - Cleared (resto druid)
BWL - Cleared (resto druid)
ZG - Cleared (resto druid and DPS warrior)
AQ40 - 8/9 (resto druid and druid Tank)
AQ20 - Cleared (resto druid)
Naxx40 - 13/15 (resto druid and druid tank)

TBC

Kara - Cleared (resto druid)
ZA - Cleared (resto druid)
Gruul - Cleared (resto druid)
Magtheridon - Cleared (resto druid)
SSC - Cleared (resto druid and warlock)
TK - Cleared (resto druid and warlock)
MH - 4/5 (resto druid)
BT - 6/9 (resto druid)

WOTLK

Naxx 10/25 - Cleared (resto druid(10), moonkin(10), warlock, prot pala)
OS 10/25 - Cleared (resto druid, moonkin, prot pala)
EOE 10 - Cleared (resto druid, prot pala)
Ulduar 10 - 9/13 (plus hard modes) (resto druid, moonkin, prot pala)
Ulduar 25 - 2/12 (resto druid)
Toc 10 - (4/5) (prot pala)
Toc 25 - (2/5) (resto druid) (5/5 prot pala)
TOGC 10/25 - No
ICC 10 - 12/12 Normal and 2/12 Heroic (lootship and bloodqueen) (resto druid, moonkin (10/12))
ICC25 - 8/12 Normal (resto druid and moonkin)
RS 10 - No
RS 25 - No

What raids do you believe you are geared for?
With my current gear i should be able to do atleast icc10 12/12(normal), icc25 12/12(normal) and most likely half+ of those on heroic. Though with Cata only being a week away i am looking forward to getting geared and ready for starting on the new raids.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?
I've done some of the Hard modes in Ulduar and i really liked doing them. I find it a shame that i couldn't have seen more of ICC HC due to the guild progress not allowing it. I'd love to do more of those in the future.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?

I would appreciate the advice and always give it a shot if they think it's the best for me to what the result would be. I'm only human and i don't always know everything but i'm willing to learn and to better myself.

An item that you desperately want drops from ICC 25 you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

Fair is fair, at the end of the day it's whats best for the guild's progress. People with a higher attendance contribute more towards raids and by that standard i understand they should get the gear over me. Also if it's a bigger upgrade for someone else then that would be a bigger upgrade for the raid in general since his higher healing/dps would contribute to the raids overall healing/dps, making us all better overall. Gear doesn't drop just once in this game. In other words, i would totally understand.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?
The raid leader would probably have a very good reason for that, i wouldn't like it but i got enough stuff i can do while being on standby. I'd probably have WoW open on my left screen to watch the progress and to see if you guys need me and do some school or freelance work on my right screen. Or i'd grind/farm some stuff that i might need at that time (seeing Cata is soon). I wouldn't really make a big deal out of it, my time will come.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?
If it was truly my fault then i probably deserved a negative comment towards my performance of that certain raid, i'd like to see that as an opportunity to show in the next raid that i corrected my mistakes and that i'm on top of my game again. If it's uncalled for then i'd probably just ignore it and blame it on the fact that people are tired and that it's late.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?
We all have to start somewhere, trial and error, practice makes perfect. You can't always expect to learn an event in one night. We certainly didn't get that done back in Vanilla. It might be frustrating from time to time, but there isn't a lot i can do about it. We're there as a team everyone is making his/her effort for a successful try/kill and so shall i. Repair bills/"waste of flasks" should be the last thing on my mind since its just part of the game.

I hope my application was clear enough, if not feel free to ask/comment or whatever and i try to get back to you as soon as possible ^^
Sputtnik
Enlightened

Very good app, and the fact that you got experiance and played since vanilla gets you a big + from me.

Like my fellow officer says I also think a very well written app. Good experience and a mature attitude. Just a quick note we do have a few raiding druids, so may have to jostle for a regular raid spot, however with Cata looming we have all but stopped 25 man raiding until the expansion hits and we all level up. After that im sure we will be back in business. Anyways would love to see you in the family in some capicity, have to have a chat with the other officers and we will get back to you as soon as we can

Everlightly

John, need to correct you there, take a look on my new /0 post.

But regarding the application, a 2nd resto druid would be very useful come cataclysm, and hopefully on from there, tumbs up from me
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Nice application, atm we have 2 resto druids that are willing to raid constant, and we have had a sudden influx of boom/resto applications over the past 2 weeks and have already accepted 2.

I don't see why not though one of the new boomkins joined as social, You say you have played since Vanilla that is good, but your not one of these that complain how todays wow isnt like vanilla are you? its so annoying to hear that when todays wow is a lot better.

But I like the application aslong as you are ok with our take on raiding, its not the normal raiding atmosphere we go we have fun and we do clear bosses and go for progression but we also believe in having a nice relaxed environment. But we are like a big happy family so sometimes people say things you wouldn't expect :D.

Moombee
Enlightened

Thanks for all the positive reply's so far.

I don't mind "competing" with others to get a raid spot, and as i stated in my application i don't mind sitting out a few raid either.

To answer Tuishao, yes i've been playing since vanilla but that doesn't make me against change. I like the way wow is progressing at the moment.

You're approach to raiding is something i like, i like a friendly atmosphere during raids instead of it being like the military. I want to have fun and clear bosses like you said yourself.

I hope this cleared up some things ^^
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Really nice application, the only thing that concerns me is you are unavailble for one of our raiding days, this is probably going to effect the raid spot available to you as we have a policy of taking those that sign and are available for all three raiding days. I dont know how happy you would be with that?

Moombee
Enlightened

I understand and agree with you're policy towards giving priority to people that sign up for all 3 raiding days, unfortunately i dont see myself raiding on sunday night due to the fact that i have to pay the bills as well and finding a better paying job then i currently have is hard.

I dont mind having to sit out a few raids from time to time but i do want to raid. I don't know how big the impact would be to my raiding spot for the other 2 raiding days would be. Would this mean i would never be able to raid? or just once a month? I'd love to hear your vision on this subject.

As currently i'm open to almost all options.
Tethane
Guild Mistress

I will never say never maybe we should give you a whirl and play it by ear. Theres always a chance that the 10 man squad could bring you onboard if the 25 mans wernt looking likely.... I always try to accomodate and if you found you were sitting out to much we could look at some alternatives?

Moombee
Enlightened

Sounds like a great and fair deal to me.
Bennied
Enlightened

A fellow resto. Mature application. Experienced and dutch,which i noticed from the sentence
Quote:
i've seen a few members here and there in pug raids
. Such a dutch expression can not be missed. Does show why behaving well in pugs, does reflect well on the guild. Gear is average,do like your melee mace. All not so important very soon. Fitting you in current group is, since the officers give an idea on the amount of resto's, might not be a bad idea to start exploring feral more in cata,since i don't think we have a lot of those? Your choice ofc. I am resto and feral tank,but going to be boomkin, higher demand. Btw do you use decursive? Responding on phone annoying,so gonna stop now lol.

hehe, i hope you find being dutch a good thing :P

anyway, sorry about me still wearing my sulfuras. I knew i forgot something when i logged out... now i know what that thing was.

As i stated in my application im not realy bothered about what spec i should (you would prefer me to) play as a raiding member of your guild since i like the entire druid class and every spec. My personal preference is resto and i have the most experience as a healer unlike being a feral tank wich i haven't done since Vanilla. But ofcourse im open to any suggestions that would give me a bigger chance of you having use for me.

On the subject of having decursive yes i have it, but i don't think i realy use it. Since my healbot shows me (color wise) what debuffs go around and pastes it on top of my screen aswell in a text. As far as i know decursive does somewhat the same. If not please correct me and i'm open to changing my ways.

I hope this answered your questions if not feel free to ask ^^

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Moombee
Enlightened

..and i forgot to login, sorry about that.
Bennied
Enlightened

Ha since i am dutch too, so it can never be a bad thing. :d fitting addons the way you like it, is always a good thing. Allthough I find decursive a great and nec addon, must admit never tried to adjust healbot to do the same. I like responding to apps, reactions often do give an idea of the person behind it. I like your answers and have no other questions. Must get back to work, got exam soon. GL with your app.
Moombee
Enlightened

Thanks for the positive and quick response, i agree with you setting up addons properly can be key for better performance. It took my quite some time to get Healbot the way i like it (use it at this point). It can be a really great healing tool if setup properly, ofcourse it does depend on your personal play style (healing style).
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum