Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greldak

re: Greldin Fury Warrior raiding application - ACCEPTED

Questions for all applicants:

1. What is your name, age and location? My name is Daniel. I'm 31 and hailing from Gothenburg, Sweden.

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? (please provide us with a link to your armoury.) Greldin, level 80 dwarf warrior, Fury/Protection. Blacksmithing 450 and Mining 450. Armoury: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Greldin

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild? Basically, I would like to play with disciplined, experienced raiders on fixed raid days and times. I like the fact that Forsaken Enlightenment has been around for two years. I've seen a lot of drama in other guilds on Emerald Dream (Tothrezim disbanded entirely) and would like to find a stable raid guild. I want to stay in the same guild for the long haul, especially with all that's happening with guilds in Cataclysm. I'm also impressed with FE's dual status as a "social guild that raids socially". Happy

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us? No, I don't know anyone. I saw FE's post on the new realm forum and then went to check out the webpage. Of course I had already noticed FE members when playing on ED. I've been lurking on these boards for a week now, while working on this application, and you seem like really cool people.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds? Before moving to Emerald Dream in June, I was in a guild on Alonsus called Famous for 2,5 years. I left them because they were moving to a level of hardcore-ness that didn't really work for me. My first guild on ED was Solace. I was part of their 10-man and downed the Lich King. Shortly after that though, half the raid team up and left, Solace became purely social and I moved on to look for a new raid guild.

Tothrezim accepted me on a trial and I stayed there until drama among its officers caused the guild to disband. At that point I joined The Four of Elements where my girlfriend was already a member. I raided 10-man with them for a while, but I really think 25-man is the best way to raid, so I decided to try to find a new place to call home. I haven't applied anywhere else besides FE, as I would rather focus on one guild at a time.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment. I have played World of Warcraft for three and a half years and I have raid experience from Karazhan and onwards. I am a solid, dependable player who always shows up on time, fully prepared with flasks, buff food and knowledge of tactics. I am always focused on my own performance. I'm a friendly and easy-going guy who likes to have a good time.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section. I would definitely like to raid. Although I don't mind sitting on the bench occasionally if there are many sign-ups.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why? My main spec is Fury and my offspec is Protection. I generally prefer being Fury. At the risk of sounding like your "bad example" applicant, I love the raw power of the Fury warrior. To quote WoW Insider's Matt Rossi: "In all sincerity, Fury is as simple and pure as it gets. Get two big weapons. Hit things with them."

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?My number one warrior resource is Matt Rossi's column on WoW Insider, "The Care and Feeding of Warriors". I also lurk on EJ's warrior forum, and of course read MMO-Champion and check patch notes (still reeling from the 4.0.3a nerfbat *cry*).

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?
I picked the builds that WoW Insider recommended. However, those are just temporary; once I start leveling in Cata I will probably re-evaluate my talent specs. As to other builds, Arms has been behind Fury in dps throughout most of Wrath so I have never felt the need to try that spec. Probably should though, just to see how it works. When it comes to glyphs, I've selected the ones that I feel will benefit me the most, but I'll keep trying out new combos.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time. Yes, of course. If I am selected for a raid, then I will show up on time and stay until the raid leader calls it.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule? I am available on most weekday evenings and on weekends, although on raid-free days I will probably sometimes try to do stuff away from the computer. I have taken note of FE's raiding days and times. Raiding until 23.00 is perfect for me as I start work very early in the morning.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids? Deadly Boss Mods, Dominos, Omen, Ora3, Recount, Titan Panel.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?I started playing WoW at the end of Vanilla. In TBC I cleared everything except SSC, TK and SWP (I did some bosses in SSC and SWP). In Wrath I have cleared Naxx 10/25, OS 10/25, EOE 25, Ulduar 25, ToC 10/25, Ony 10/25 and ICC 10. I've done 11/13 in Ulduar 10, 4/5 in TOC 10 hc, 1/5 in TOC 25 hc and 11/12 in ICC 25. I've done 4/12 in ICC 10 hc. I was tank up until ICC, after that I've mostly been dps.

What raids do you believe you are geared for? I think I am geared for everything except perhaps some heroic modes in ICC25 and RS25. With Cata so close, I look forward to gearing for the new raids.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future? I have mostly raided normal modes lately, but I've done 4/12 in hc ICC10 and also spent some time wiping on hc Festergut in ICC25. I've also been in some Immortal/Undying groups and done hard modes in Ulduar so it's not a new concept to me. I'm definitely up for hard modes in the future.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel? I always appreciate polite advice. I'm quite willing to accept that there might be something that I've missed that will improve my performance.

An item that you desperately want drops from ICC 25 you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react? I am not the kind of player who gets into arguments over loot. If giving the item to another player benefits the guild as a whole, I have no problem at all.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do? I accept that as a rank-and-file raider, I swing my axes when and where the raidleader decides. Though I would appreciate getting a brief explanation rather than just seeing in gchat that "raid is full".

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?I generally think that evaluation of individual raiders is the domain of guild officers. Although, if I had indeed been underperforming I would admit as much.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?I grit my teeth and do my umpteenth corpse run without complaint. I firmly believe that there are no useless wipes. Even if the raid wipes, its members have gained more experience. Someone has learned to time his movements better, someone has realized something about his rotation. Every wipe is a step towards mastering the fight.

Thanks for your time! I'll be hanging around the forums in order to answer any questions you might have. Happy
Sherawr
Guardian

Hi Daniel, reading through your app and you seem like a very cool, mature kinda guy. Noticed you have been in a few guilds, however your explinations are valid and well at least you put em down Happy unlike some other applicants who dont bother. With Cata so close we have all but stopped 25 man raiding, ofc we will continue in Cata and are always looking for new members to bolster our ranks. Very clear and concice app and it is a yes from me, however please be aware that Warrior spots may be a little limited in the future as we already have 2 Raiding Fury warriors and a 3rd tanker in our grp...that being said, im sure theres always room for another Dorf warrior Happy

Just have to have a chat with the fellow officers and we will be in touch

Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

Anexample of how to write an app.
He also get the thumbs up from me because he is a dorf, you can never have enough dorfs in the guild.

Everlightly

Like My fellow officer Kilkal said, We do have 2 highly skilled fury warriors, though one is a little crazy. So come cataclysm we would proberly roll with 2 and obivoiusly if there is space its better to take a 3rd than go in short on numbers.

To increase possible raiding options though there is you offspec, which is protection aka tank, at the moment we have 3 regular tanks, but sometimes due to work issues we sometimes end up with one or two short tanks short.
We do have 2 players with tank offspecs but they are sometimes a little reluctant to tank, so a player with tank offspec and happy to tank if needed would be very use full. Whats you take on that? Would you be happy to switch if needed?
Sputtnik
Enlightened

As a fellow swedish guy and one of the fury warriors I have to say this is a very well written app, and they come very rare these days. thumbs up from me aswell.

Nice application to be honest, We do have 2 fury dps warriors have you thought about going arms? I think its not as much dps but with the increase bleed damage buff (they do that still dont they) it would surely help the other warriors and rogues that are in the raid, as rogues now use rupture in the rotation.

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Agreeing here with my Officers, an excellent application and a testement to how one should be written.

I will also roll with their concerns about the fact we have 2 very active Fury Warriors, both excellent players and reliable signers. I would like to see a response on Everlightlys question of you perhaps taking up a official offtank/dps role. How would that float your boat!

Greldak

Thanks for all the nice replies!

I'd be happy to step in as tank when needed. My main spec was Prot until mid-Wrath so I do have some experience in that department. An offtank/dps role would be great. As for Arms, yeah I can try that as well, it would be interesting to see how that spec works in Cata.

Also, delighted to meet some fellow dorf fans.
Everlightly

good answer there, then I say, lets get the chap in on a trial and see where we go from there :D
Sputtnik
Enlightened

Some pointers on your gear thou, now that Armory works for me again, you should have Berserking on both weps, also see that you use 10str-15stam gems whats the reason for that? and I also see that your way way under hitcap and over expertise cap.

10str-10hit is used for blue slots.
Reforge your haste to Hit, you want to be as close to white hit cap as possible, seeing that 40%+ of our damage is white hits

Very good application. You hear the doubt taking another fury, but hope you get in mate. :D
Greldak

Sputtnik wrote:
Some pointers on your gear thou, now that Armory works for me again, you should have Berserking on both weps, also see that you use 10str-15stam gems whats the reason for that? and I also see that your way way under hitcap and over expertise cap.

10str-10hit is used for blue slots.
Reforge your haste to Hit, you want to be as close to white hit cap as possible, seeing that 40%+ of our damage is white hits

Thanks for the tips, yeah I know I should be stacking hit, I've just been putting it off since I haven't raided much lately.

Reason for the str/stam gems is just that I was cheap and wanted to save some gold. I'll change those immediately, plus get Berserking on weapons.
Tethane
Guild Mistress

All the right answers for me, thank you! I would like to offer you a trial within FE please poke myself or an Officer ingame for an invite.

Greldak

Awesome! I'll get in touch in-game. Happy
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum