Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next

re: Strings, Balance/Resto Druid - Social App - ACCEPTED

1. What is your name, age and location?

Hi there, the names Olly (or Strings if your into a bit of RP...no kinky stuff plz :P ) I’m *cough*25*cough* and I live in sunny Cornwall, UK though admittedly I’m looking over a blanket of white stuff :-/

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? (Please provide us with a link to your armoury.)

Characters name is Strings and she is a lvl 80 druid spec’d in Balance and Resto and I’m going to admit that the only profession I have actually done so far is First Aid though there is a reason for this!! Strings has been powerleveled (by myself rather than paying for such a thing and she currently has only 9 days of playtime on her (I got to 80 in about 6days and have been running dungeons since then). I’m planning on sorting out flower picking and cocktail making as my professions however ;)

Armoury link http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Strings

Yes, I know that the gear I have got might not necessarily be the best but im still playing around with her (nothing dodgy honest) and I played kitty for quite a while on her till I started getting pretty gear and then realised how much fun balance was!!

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?

OK, story incoming – you might want to get comfortable :-D

My wow background has always been playing horde (please don’t shoot me) and I have been playing since Vanilla and always classified myself as a “raider”. I started playing again about a month or so ago and I decided that I didn’t want to put myself in that position again, raiding takes up alot of time which I simply don’t have. In light of this with the way that the game is set up now with dungeon finders and all the vendors etc I thought it would be easier and simpler for me to just stay guild-less. I have to say that its not the same, and without sounding like an emo girl crying over dead puppies its actually really lonely playing by yourself (lol). I miss a bit of social interaction and simply getting to know people in game a bit.

The reason why I decided to apply to FE has quite alot to do with the Greetings bit made by Tethane, to me it gave the sense of family and just a group of people who care and have fun in game together without the drama and all the other rubbish you get in some guilds. I simply would like a place where I can have a bit of fun and a joke with people in /g and on the odd occasions help out in raids where necessary

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?

Admittedly I don’t but I consider myself to be quite a social person and I would like to get to know all of you...without it sounding quite that cheesy/creepy

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

All my past guilds have been horde side on ED :-

The Infernals – left because of stupid guild politics and all the officers left for another guild which meant raiding was a complete no-go
Shadow Nemesis – Nice friendly guild but they hardly raided at the time and I was a bit of an addict to raiding (v.sad I know) though I have to say it’s not what drives me anymore – I want to enjoy the game, not have a second job

Nocturnal Fear – I left when the guild fell apart and I was so annoyed I admittedly stopped playing for a good while

I have recently come back and since nobody I know is playing anymore I thought I would come alliance side and “start afresh” admittedly I didn’t have a clue how big it was over here, so many people that you can’t get to know hardly any of them, especially when you do x-realm pugs.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.

Well I like to think I’m quite funny, though admittedly I’m probably the only one who thinks so but at least I can keep myself entertained. I also like to help out where I can and even though my main aim isn’t really to raid (unless your short and need a druidlolz) I will chip in where I can.

Also in a raiding capacity I have raided in all levels of the game, though mainly in vanilla and TBC and have delegated healing roles and I have even been known to lead a raid though admittedly I find that bit quite stressful and that’s not what the game is about – I know some people love to boss others around, I’ll let them do it :D

Im also really good at making tea...

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment?

Well I would like to at least for now be a social member but if needed I can help out with raiding, its not like you guys raid 6 days a week (been there) so I would like to take part when/where i can.

Well i hope the application is ok and you dont get crit 100k by giant wall of text Happy It would be great to hear from you guys soon, i wont be ingame this afternoon but if you have any questions ill be popping my head around here every now and again and also i should be playing this evening.

Take care and much heterosexual love

Strings

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Chausie

It's snowing in Cornwall? Luck you.

Please don't tell me it's snowing everywhere in England but Gloucestershire, then I will be upset.

If you like i could post it all up to you? I really dont like snow, its usually really rubbish and turns into sludge and then you slip in it and get covered in sludge which then seeps through your clothes and then you get cold, get hypothermia and DIE!!!

ok, it might not be that bad but i dont like it.....

Ill go away now - just though i would have a look before i go and have lunch Happy

Toofles the Great

It's snowy, here, in Lithuania. And cold. And awesome.

Powerleveling you say? Well, I might need your services, for free, of course.

I like red. Lots of red is good. Green is good too.

Neo told us to never take the green pill!!! Humor and the word sex in a social application. I would really like to date you now, is holland to far away? wink We have another hordy in the guild, called necralla (or something hehe), hope you don't smell as bad as him.

I do find the application amusing and well written... allthough all the colors just freak me out. Since its a social application I have nothing of value to write or to say.
Toofles the Great

Bennied wrote:
We have another hordy in the guild, called necralla (or something hehe), hope you don't smell as bad as him.

Well... Spacegoats just smell. Have you ever seen a goat with a good smell? :\

Bringing the response somewhat back on topic... what you would suggest is that we wash new members before letting them in? This way we prevent a bad smell coming into the guild? I do think you are right! Comparing necrall with a goat seems not very fair for the goat now does it (I feel a OI remark coming).
Necrall
Enlightened

Quote:
called necralla (or something hehe), hope you don't smell as bad as him.

Necralla is my wife, not me :P lol

Quote:
Comparing necrall with a goat seems not very fair for the goat now does it (I feel a OI remark coming).

OI!

Not that I care, it's totally true. Undead smell more than Goats, but I had to gratify you with the desired response.

Good luck with your app Olly.
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Just curious how you "power leveled" your way up? did you use a friends account to boost you in instances? or refer a friend? Im guessing you have Heirlooms but if you havent played in so long that could also not be the case.

nope, Zygor leveling guide - i swear by it (just dont let the small children too close unless they pick up interesting vocabulary or however you spell it - im dyslexic so have a valid excuse for bad spelling).

I wash on the odd occasion if that counts? i have decided to grow my hair for religious reasons.....in other words i cba to cut it but nobody at work asks you again if you say somethign concerning religion or sexual preference ;)

Necrall - how long ago did you play on the dar- i mean horde side?

Bennied, would you like me to dig up some screenshots of the last person on who tried to date me in wow? I have to admit that it might put you off a little bit though the guy did do it to himself....we all know that RL girls/women dont play wow *waits for an epix kick up the arse*

On a serious note, thanks for all the replies - my suspicions (that word looks wrong but google says im right) are correct and you seem pretty cool Happy

Sorry, i hate to double post but i cant edit my previous - just to say that with the Zygor lvling guide i got to 80 in 6 and a bit days playing time but you have to work in talent updates and also it dont really allow time for professions

Necrall
Enlightened

Quote:
Necrall - how long ago did you play on the dar- i mean horde side?

Since the end of vanilla. I was in The Firm as my first guild and still have my Horde side guys there.
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Quote:
we all know that RL girls/women dont play wow *waits for an epix kick up the arse*

The clue was in Guildmistress :P

Really like your application lets see if there are any other thoughts and will have an answer for you soon!

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Ooooo that makes more sense you where going by actualy time played not real life days Happy.

we all know that RL girls/women dont play wow *waits for an epix kick up the arse*

The clue was in Guildmistress :P
!

lol damn, i knew there was something i overlooked - can i make the excuse i thought this had turned into a RP server and we all took on the persona of our toons....

Tuishao - RL gets in the way unfortunatly but i recon if i had 10 days free and i could focus on it properly then i could pop out a lvl 80 as if it was a newborn man child though unfortunatly the idea of giving birth in any context scares me a little (it shouldnt fit through a hole that small and i dont even have that!!)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum