Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tethane
Guild Mistress

re: Ruby Sanctum video

Can all raiders have a look at this please. Want to try and get us in here on the release date of or the next day and I think its coming pretty soon!

All tactics (for minbosses also) are here http://wow.zuggaming.com/2010/06/23/ruby-sanctum-halion-strategy-tactics-guide/

Last edited by Tethane on 30-6-2010 9:14; edited 1 time in total

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Looks like that area where you do the quest, so you go into the wyrmrest temple to go to the west of it.

Looks fun what ive seen net is being weird as always during the day.

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Doesnt seem like a hugely complex fight, last phase looks tricky but its just a question of balancing dps.

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Yea I take it back looks crap... but maybe it was the shitty music that priest had and the god awful UI that was putting me off :S no information or anything just a dragon and they dodge fire by the looks of it.

Guess we should do some reading to actually find out what was happening lol.

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Halion has three phases, in which the raid must switch between the physical realm and the shadow realm.
Phase 1

A few seconds after being engaged, Halion summons a wall of flame in a circle around him, closing off any players not in the stage.

Halion has a frontal cone breath attack. Like most dragon bosses, he has a tail swipe and cleave. He also summons fireballs, which fall from the sky and hit a large area with fire damage, leaving a patch of flame where it hit, as well as four flames going in four directions out of the fire patch. The location where the fireball will hit is indicated by a hellfire graphic. Any player under it must move out before the fireball hits. All players must move away from the flames that spread from the patch.

He also puts a debuff on random players called Mark of Consumption. When the debuff ends or when it is removed, a patch forms under the player's feet that deals damage to players in it and players will be pushed away from the patch. Players afflicted have to move to the edge of the stage then get the debuff removed, before running back to the raid. The size of the patch depends on how long it took to dispel it.

This phase ends when halion reaches 75%.
Phase 2

Halion shifts to the shadow realm, and summons a portal which players can use to enter as well. In the shadow realm, Halion still has his breath and Mark of Consumption, but they do shadow damage instead of fire damage, and the Mark of Consumption's knockback is now a pull instead.

Also, two shadow orbs circle around the edges of the stage. Every once in a while, a death beam will come out of the two, connecting them and dealing enough damage to instantly kill you to any player in the beam. The players (including the tank) must rotate to avoid damage by the death beam.

This phase ends at 50%.
Phase 3

Halion exists in both realms, and the raid must split into two; one fights him in the twilight realm, which should consist mostly of melee, and the other fights him in the physical realm, which should consist mostly of ranged. This is because it is easier for melee to navigate in the twilight realm without fireballs making them have to go to ranged, and ranged have an easier time navigating in the physical realm where there are no death beams which require them to stop DPS to keep moving and not get hit.

The other change is that during this phase, Halion recieves a buff called Corporeality. This is determined by a percentage shown at the top of the screen which begins at 50%. Depending on the value of this, Halion will take and deal more damage in one realm and deal and take less damage in the other. There are no damage differences to either realm whilst it remains at 50%.

Damaging Halion in the Physical realm will cause him to phase further into the Twilight realm, lowering his corporeality and works vise versa when damaged in the Twilight Realm. If no damage is dealt in one realm, Halion will begin to rapidly regenerate health.

As an example, Halion may have had too much DPS on him in the Physical realm, bringing his corporeality down to 20%. This means Halion will take 50% less damage but deal 30% less damage as well in the Physical realm. However in the Twilight realm, Halion will take 100% more damage but will also deal 60% more damage. This is why DPS must try to keep Halion's corporeality at 50% almost all the time so both sides are balanced in terms of damage dealing and so the damage dealt doesn't become too much to heal.

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Sorry thought video was kinda self explanitory! But I had read tactics as well :P

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Tethane wrote:
Sorry thought video was kinda self explanitory! But I had read tactics as well :P
Video doesnt explain anything, just shows a spriest dpsing moving from some fire and a big line of something. Doesnt explain what happens phase 3, doesnt explain that the line will one shot or how to set it up or anything lol.

If you read tactics then you can work it out what is happening, Is there a tankspot one yet I wonder mmm.

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Dont stand in hurty fire, dont stand in LAZOR BEAMS OF DEATH!!!

Sherawr
Guardian

TBH doesnt look like anything we havnt encountered before,

p1 looks like marrowgar type fight with flames and death balls of fire instead of bonespike .mmm wonder if u can stand in his hitbox?

p2, well just like OS but gotta run around

p3...mmm like twins in toc kinda...maybe with a hint of Anub but with DPS management instead of healing management

I think we should be able to do this quite comfortably

Elcaco
caliban/seven
Guardian

we manage everything so we take this easy

WolfmindRift

Hi all,

Just been watching the tankspot 10 man Ruby Sanctum tactics video.

Dudelion

Very simple and nicely explained:

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: