Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
pandagork

re: ICC Hard Modes in order of difficulty

As we found out last night, hard modes are indeed hard. So I called up a few friends that don't post on the official boards... well I say friends but I don't know any of them. What I do know is that the people who inhabit the forum I asked are all in top guilds (Goon Squad, Goons, Paragon :-) )so this is the official ICC10 Hard mode list in descending order of difficulty (easiest at the top, hardest at the bottom):

Gunship Battle
[large gap]
Deathwhisper (for 25 man, swap this with Marrowgar)
Rotface
Festergut
Blood Queen Lana'thel
Valithria Dreamwalker
Marrowgar
Blood Princes
Professor Putricide (for 25 man, maybe swap this with Saurfang)
Deathbringer Saurfang *
Sindragosa
Lich King

* - Saurfang is much, much, much, MUCH easier with a holy paladin due to "using Hand of Protection every cooldown on the people who get Boiling Blood. It will slow down his blood power gain a fair bit and thus delay the first Mark going out. "

So rather than smashing our faces repeatedly against the brick wall that is Saurfang, maybe we should go for something a little less reliant on group comp?

Nice post Liam.

I did the same last night. Spoke to a mate in Valour and another in Bridgeburners. While talking about attempting Saurfang one of them said "Trying that is both brave and crazy on your first night"!. One of them even said they only downed Saurfang just before trying Sindy so it reflects your list Liam.

They pointed my towards Rotface/Festgut/BQL next. Told that the encounters are not so rigid so to speak.

Still I had a great night and was good to think about stuff!

aye. Festergut has malleable goo as his extra gimmick, Rotface has Vile Gas as his extra gimmick while the Blood Queen has gradually increasing raid damage as more people become vampires giving it both a soft and hard enrage timer.

gief invite ffs!

Guardian

lol, Sorry Daniel you disappeared for a load of them and more people arrived and keep signing for all :s. Don't worry will get another shot soon enough xD.

On another note, Marrowgar all way down that list woot see first ever heroic ICC We down him we have to give ourselves a pat on the back for that tbh.
And we may be crazy but no point not giving em a shot tbh, we did get DB into red health! *edit* forgot to add, we did well on him is what I ment we dont have to go again on heroic but first time red pssh we rock Happy

Last edited by Tuishao on 21-5-2010 9:57; edited 1 time in total

pandagork

I quite agree, but Saurfang is generally acknowledged as a roadblock without the right set-up. Still, live and learn and knock down a couple of other hard modes and give him a few shots along the way

The difference between Saurfang (10) normal and HC is massive. Normal you will kill before he gets a single mark, on heroic the chances are there will be 2 or even 3 (which is a wipe tbh)!

Compared to Loot ship, BQ and DW it is a huge jump.

I haven't succesffuly done it, but have tried it several times. You need big dps, and need to rely on 2 healers for the event, anymore and DPS will be to slow, meaning more marks.

The Beasts also slow people, so Kiting isn't really an option. The closest attempt I had was when i was stood centre at max heal range with RF, spamming HL on spawn to pull them off the platform to me. It gives ranged DPS a little extra time to get them down.

Also DK with CoI as they geting away, and tank taunt before the beast gets to the ranged dps worked ok.

Everlightly

The biggest key to saurfang HM is shadow fury spec warlocks, all the kills we have had have been with a lock in group specced into this
Tethane
Guild Mistress

I believe Peter has done it without? Or am I wrong?

Everlightly

wrong
Tethane
Guild Mistress

You just lost your only fan club member :P

Everlightly

nooo, my fan club
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

I have done it without a lock even in group bish! lol, and first time we did it I dont remember a lock being shadowfury I had to stun the left one and the others kept moving it was me and chaz doing the stuns! shadowfury sucks rawr! we had a dk with desecration me and chaz stunning.

Tethane
Guild Mistress

SEE SEE I KNEW IT *basks in the glory of being right*

Everlightly

first time we did it we had dude using shadow fury, I asked him to spec it before we started
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: