Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

re: Sindragosa

Reposted and cleaned up.

As with most Dragon bosses, Sindragosa tail swipes and cleaves so players (other than the main tank) should be located at her sides; this applies especially to the melee who are more at risk. She also has a constantly running aura throughout the ground phases of the fight which deals 4,500 ice damage to the raid every 3 seconds. In addition to this, Sindragosa has a 20% chance to apply Permeating Chill to anyone dealing physical damage to her, a debuff inflicting 1,000 Frost damage every 2 seconds for 8 seconds, per application. In the ground phases, the tank will also have to deal with damage from Frost Breath which is a 60 yard frontal AoE causing 37,000 - 43,000 damage (27,000-32,000 on 10-man). This damage is dealt over 4 seconds.
Phase 1

Phase one involves two main abilities. The first ability to watch out for is the pull/blistering cold ability which sees Sindragosa pull the entire raid towards her into close range (Icy Grip) and then blast the raid with 35,000 Frost damage (Blistering Cold). This is cast immediately after Icy Grip and has a 5 second cast time which cannot be interrupted. This gives the entire raid (tanks included) 5 seconds to get 25 yards away from her to avoid instant death. It should be noted that a high health tank can withstand this blast but quick, high heals will be needed following.

* Tip: If a tank would rather not take the damage from the blast, a tank may run out and charge back in (where able) immediately after.

The second set of abilities in phase one is Unchained Magic. This is cast on raid member(s) and any spell cast by the afflicted member results in a delayed backlash (Instability). It should be emphasised that the backlash is not immediate but rather is delayed for 5 seconds. Additionally, the debuff can stack up to 99 times dealing 2,000 damage per stack.

* Tip: The delay in damage allows pre-healing, pre-sheilding or the use of planned defences.

Phase 2

At 85% and every 1:50 minutes after, Sindragosa will fly into the air, starting phase two of the fight. She will target 5 players (two in 10-man) with a Frost Beacon who will, shortly after being targetted, be placed into an Ice Tomb and inflicted with 16,000 damage. Any player about to be entombed must be at least 8 yards from other players and one another otherwise the Tomb debuff will chain to someone else and inflict splash damage, with the chance of killing the player.

She will then drop four Frost Bombs onto the ground and anyone who is not out of line of sight of them will take around 24,000 damage, killing most players. The idea of this part is similar to the Sapphiron fight in Naxxramas. One must be behind the Ice Tombs in order to avoid the Frost Bomb.

* Tip: Afflicted players may wish to assemble in close proximity, allowing the raid to essentially use them as a wall from the blasts.

As soon as all of the frost bombs have gone off the players in the Ice Tombs will begin asphyxiating and quickly die meaning you should time DPS on the tombs to kill them as soon as the frost bombs end.

After the fourth Frost Bomb, Sindragosa will land and re-enter phase one and this cycle carries on until the third phase.
Phase 3

At 35% health, Sindragosa enters the third phase of the fight which is also the crux of this fight. She becomes permanently grounded (and thus, a permanent Frost Aura). Ice Tomb will still be cast on random raid members but there are no Frost Bombs. Players must still be broken out. In order to meet the DPS requirements of this fight you should be able to push Sindragosa into phase 3 before a third air phase occurs. Phase three will take some time.

The stressful factor in this fight is the new ability she gains - Mystic Buffet. This debuff is applied to players in line of sight every 6 seconds and stacks with itself. This increases the magical damage taken by a target by 15% (10-man 10%) per stack and this is the critical mechanic of the encounter. You must control this debuff if you hope to win. You should remove it as often as possible by hiding behind the frozen players with 2-3 seconds left on your debuff to ensure it is not refreshed. If you gain a large number of stacks the damage will become unhealable and you will die.

It cannot be stressed enough, phase 3 is not a DPS race, rather it is about control and endurance. Sindragosa's HP will go down slowly as you reset your stacks and free the frozen players. This is perfectly fine and the enrage timer is lenient if you only took two air phases to hit phase three. Whittle down her HP while keeping your stacks low and surviving her abilities and you will score a kill.

Mystic Buffet makes tanking her considerably more difficult as only a few stacks will cause a tank to be instantly killed from her Frost Breath which carries on in phase three. Defensive cooldowns should be used to mitigate this damage and a tank rotation should be established to switch off at as low a number of stacks as possible.

* In normal mode, up to 8 stacks of Mystic Buffet can be tolerated. Therefore, it's safe to ignore every other Ice Block. It's still important to nuke the Ice Blocks to free the entombed players. Don't try this on heroic difficulty where even a few stacks are already dangerous.
* Wearing crafted frost resist gear can help to alleviate the healing requirements of the fight and are very useful for learning it.
* During Phase 3, Healers can try to find a place behind an Ice Tomb where they have no LOS to the boss, but can see and heal the tank.

Last edited by Tuishao on 29-4-2010 7:47; edited 1 time in total

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Here is a Video with the Tactics we will use, as it is from our very own scouser! Jon (Kilkal). Also notice how no one died, and we completed the weekly quest too! yea we rock!!

Last edited by Tuishao on 29-4-2010 8:03; edited 1 time in total

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

And here is a rough idea of where to stand on phase 2/3 whatever one you want to call it. The bit where she gets to 35% health and stays on the ground ;p. As it might be akward to see from the video make sure ranged and healers are grouped up like on top of each other is fine! tbh thats the best and no where near the icetomb, you will have to run to the icetomb to remove stacks and also los yourself to stop you getting pulled in when she does the stupid Icy grip / Blistering cold. But once you have done that and kill the tomb Run back to where you first was, you dont have to move behind every tomb can hide behind every 2nd as ranged and make sure you dps the tombs down.

Forum Image

Everlightly

I thought i'ld bump this page up as this is were we are at the moment in the 25 man runs, if all u peeps take a look at the screen shot above you'll see where peeps are standing during phase 3.

This is what we need to get around, that the small blue dot players must not be within 10 yards (set dbm to 11 to be safe) of the spot.

But here is another option

I have heard and read about the ice tombs being ignored completely. unless a Tank is tombed or every other one

ice tombs have just short 500k HP on 25 man, but only 1 person is tombed at a time,
25 peeps up 2 tanks 7 healers = 16 dps (woo mathmetician here) ]
1 dps tombed every 15-20 sec = -5.500k dps adverage on boss per tomb
8 melee on tomb = -500k damage on boss equaling 40k+ dps wasted,

if first tomb was placed near her head for LoS for mystic buffet and dpsed and the 2nd tombed player to run to here tail and everyone leave it then the 3rd back to the head and destroyed and 4th to tail and left along then so on, dps lost on boss might be as drastic as if melee just stayed on tombs.

meh, I have too many ideas going through my head but u know, worth looking
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Beat me to it! Mmmm it may work, can you do the math of how many people we would lose... We were going into phase 3 with about 2 mins left. Its 4 isnt it...

Everlightly

well, if we did every other tomb we would lose 10-12k estimate on boss every minute, but as we know, healers can be tombed.

issue we have is raid dps was 76k adverage, with 2 min 30 on enrage and 12 mil hp we'll be just short of the enrage (hero not included)

but over 150 seconds you could look to lose 5-6 dps plus who ever dies though other means, we need to force phase 3 with at least 3 min plus on clock and go zerg tatics using one block near her head as the LoS for buffet, with hero at start of phase 3 while most peeps are alive
Tethane
Guild Mistress

What we need is everyone alive on phase 3, pop hero immediatly and let the second tombed person run to the left (bum end) and die. I have bought 6 healers tonight, instead of 7 as well, that should help. So tonight if we focus on getting the raid to phase three TOGETHER and before 3 mins I will be happy.

Everlightly

yeah, its just the case of peeps know every odd number ice block is destoryed and every even number is left

so 1 3 5 7 9 etc we take down 2 4 6 8 10 etc is left.
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Should be simple really all the ones near the head are killed if there is one at the head when you get yours piss off and die toward the bum!

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Or you could have range kill one tomb, melee kill the other tomb? like you said one at head one at tail (ish). Range los themselves on the head one and kill that, Melee use the one towards the tail and kill that to remove stacks?.
But all this relys on people using common sense and reacting themselves, not expecting a mark to appear or someone to tell them where to go?.

Unless Johnny / Chaz tells I say Johnny as he isnt tanking, because from raiding on this laptop it really gimps dps and messes you up having to press ctrl and talk means no other buttons work Especially if they are hot keys.

Eban the Great

I like your the look of your logic Old Chap. Just concerns me all the if's in there.

Above all else EVERYBODY must be mindful of the "Exclusion Zone" which I suspet will take a fair bit of practice. Tollerance is fairly tight in both positioning and the ability to get the tombs down before the next one spawns.

Mind you, if we compare the scenario to PP then I'm sure will make a good hash of it. Heroism should account for a good chunk of the delta and some classes get special shots in the closing stages of Boss health which might also address the shortfall. Looking forward to giving it a go tonight!

Loving the mechanics of the fight.

Yours aye

Ol' Squiddy

Tbh you can easy do it, after watching and hearing the raid last night, it looks a damn sight easier than 10man, especially with only one person on phase 3 getting tombed.
It is quite logical to just ignore the odd person as you have "Spare cannon fodder" haha.
Can't imagine it taking you much longer to down tbh come on peoples, atleast 15 people know what to do exactly on phase 3 from the 10man runs, so I don't expect any of you lot dying!!!.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: