This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TreeSofiel

re: Resto druid raiding application - ACCEPTED

Hey all,

Went through the application form thingy you get presented when registering but apparently that ain't the way to do it so here I am again!

Questions for all applicants:

1. What is your name, age and location?

Matthew, 24, London

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)
Sofiel, 80, druid, resto, skinning (450) and JC (440)

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?
I'm looking for a guild that finds the right balance between socializing and raiding. As some of my friends have already joined FE I'm sure the social part is sorted, and I see you guys in ICC quite a bit so I'm guessing you're no slouches when it comes to raiding either.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
Yep, I know several, Wizzbosh, Tremere, Chrism, Desoto and Baltaer

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

I was in Knights of the Heart and I didn't leave them, they left me /cry No, I was on a leave of absence when the guild more or less disbanded, hence me not making the move with them. No I don't have any other applications pending.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.
Fear, surprise and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope. No, umm, I don't know.. I'm a sociable guy who's up for a laugh, I enjoy raiding and getting the most out of my char and I guess that's all there is to it really.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.
Social and raiding

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?
Main spec is resto and I JUST started a bear tank OS but obviously I preffer healing. Why? It's just more involved than DPSing (what I used to do on my lock before I discovered healing), more of a challenge.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?
More on a situational basis than a regular one, if I see things change in patch notes I'll browse around to see what that means for me or hwo to utilize it, or if I feel my rotation isn't working I'll look for tips or such like.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?
It's all about the rejuvenation baby. I love my T9 bonus and idol and combine it with living seed and you've got a fast-ticking, crit capable, mana efficient fire and forget hot that does just about everything. Hence also going for celestial focus. Wanna get as close as possible to that 1 sec GCD so I can pop rejuv all over the place at a moment's notice.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.
Yup yup

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?
The joy of having just moved to London is I don't really have a schedule at the moment so everything is flexible and I can raid when needed/wanted.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?
Grid, clique, omen, recount, x-perl, dr damage, quartz... D'you really want the whole list? :p

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?
Naxx, some ToC and some Ulduar as lock
VoA as lock and healer
OS, EoE, Ony, ToC and some ICC as healer

What raids do you believe you are geared for?
Everything up to and including ICC10

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?
I'm not really an achi guy.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?
Cool, glad they're willing to take them time to point it out to me. As long as they don't preface the comment with "OMGWTFBBQ n00b wtf r u doin?!?!?!!11"

An item that you desperately want drops from ICC 25 you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?
Their call, it's what they're there for. Don't like it? Take it up with an officer after the raid

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?
Register my disappointment and chill, there's always another raid.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?
Ignore it, if they're worth it then they'll man up and apologize and if they don't then what's the point getting worked up about it?

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?
Anybody would be frustrated in those circumstances but it's part of raiding, if you don't like it then don't raid. Plain and simple.

A great guy...hugs!!!

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Wizzboshing

meh the above reply was me...forgot to log on...pass me the fail bag! :P

This guy is one of the good ones in WoW. Always polite and a all round good egg Happy

Seems a nice application, Just a few questions like atm we are quite full on raids including 25man. Not saying you wont get a place but if you are not picked as often if you expect how would you react?.

Also your stood within range of someone just about to get hit by the ice blast on sindragosa, your just about to cast the heal which may or maynot save the tanks life. What do you do?

are you the tank? :P

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
TreeSofiel

At the moment all I'm doing is PuRs so any raid inclusion would be an improvement :p

Well at the moment I have the advantage of planning my actions but my ideal reaction would be; cancel tank healcast, activate barkskin and haste trinket while moving away, pop swiftmend on the tank, rejuv on the nearby player then nourish on the tank and pray everyone's still alive when I finish casting :p
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

TreeSofiel wrote:
At the moment all I'm doing is PuRs so any raid inclusion would be an improvement :p

Well at the moment I have the advantage of planning my actions but my ideal reaction would be; cancel tank healcast, activate barkskin and haste trinket while moving away, pop swiftmend on the tank, rejuv on the nearby player then nourish on the tank and pray everyone's still alive when I finish casting :p

:D Good Answer, ok sounds good for me when do we let em in?.... Whisper me tonight on anakes or Envìsi as Tethane can't be on and you can talk to her through me whilst I raid. Or you could whisper Dawnrazor if he is online and talk more to him about joining and answer any questions he may have.

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: