This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laffn

re: Laff Resto shaman raider application - ACCEPTED

1. What is your name, age and location?
My name is Olaf, I'm 17 years old and live in Norway.

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)
Laff, 80, resto shaman, skinning(450) leatherworking(424)
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Defias+Brotherhood&cn=Laff

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?
I'm applying to this guild because Artan told me to check it out.
I expect is a supportive and friendly guild.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
Artan and Neìj, both were bragging about it all the time.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?
Current in a social guild, made for friends in real life. (Same as Neìj and Artan were in.)

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.
honestly.. i dont know what special qualities i got. but i can bring u guys some awesome healing! : )

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?
My raiding spec is resto. Elemental/Resto. I prefer to be resto because i really like it.. i dont have a good reason why. But i coul also go Elemental if thats needed : )

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?
wow.com and different forums, i also get some usefull information from my friends.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?
i just took a really classic build and recomended glyphs

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.
i show up for the raids I sign for.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?
18:00-01:00 everyday.usually i dont play on mondays.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?
DBM
Grid
Healbot
are the addons i use the most, in raids

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?
4first bosses ICC and 5/5 ToC. mostly healer

What raids do you believe you are geared for?
just take a look^^
http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=eu&server=Defias%20Brotherhood&name=laff

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?
i havent tried, but i'd love to do some soon.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?
i'd feel really greatful.

An item that you desperately want drops from ICC 25 you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?
wouldn't care much about that.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?
i'll take it like a man.. and cry :p It doesn't bother me at all.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?
i'll think of it as constructional criticism, and try to improve myself.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?
Wiping makes progress. So I don't care tbh.

Love Laff

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

I like your application, Its not too informative but it does give the information needed I guess its the language barrier etc.
But I like it, Just one question im going to start asking everyone soon your the first Happy.
How good are you at thinking on your feet? say for example we are on sindragosa we have wiped a few times tentions are getting high, Your healing, All the raid is losing inbetween 2/6k health every 2seconds, then someone in front of you is about to get turned into an iceblock (knowing that you have to be 10 yards away or you will chain the block and get frozen too) and you have 2seconds to think either getting the last big heal off on the tank which may or may not save him as we have 2 other healers, But you don't know how long until the ice block hits as you didnt notice the warning straight away or moving backwards a little bit because you notice your too close cancelling the heal and hoping you can get another fast one in when your safe, What do you do?

Laffn

i would say move a few steps back and try not get hit by the ice block : )
i watched Artan doing sindragosa yesterday, and kinda understand the fight!

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Hehe Good answer :p, Well even better if you watched Kim play you should know the fight quite well like where we put the iceblocks etc and stand.
Cool well today me and Jodie wont be on until later then hopefully more officer will of looked at the application and should be able to talk with you then.

link update
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Stolt
http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=eu&server=Emerald%20Dream&name=stolt

Tethane
Guild Mistress

We would like to offer you a trial within FE, although our raid spots are looking slim at the moment we can see how it goes! /w and Officer ingame for a invite.

Chausie

Can I just ask a few questions on your gem choices?

I was just wondering why you've gone for a +20 spirit gem and putting a +10 all stats in the prismatic socket on your belt(Any gem can go in there, regardless of colour!), and the +10 MP5 gems too. You've also gone for the water shield glyph, are you having many mana problems?

Using the 21int and chance to restore mana on spell cast would help a lot if you are, then you could use a glyph or gems to increase your throughput more instead! Then you could get some haste gems and be like 'Zhoooooom' fast heals, people won't even realised they almost died.

Glyph of healing wave seems kind of situational too, a bit too situational in my opinion, as you wouldn't really be taking much damage unless there was a lot of AoE going on, but then chain heal and riptides all over, or lesser healing wave spam, would be the best way to counter, not healing wave.

I am wondering though, why didn't you pick up cleanse spirit? the ability to decurse is awesome too!

Other than that you seem awesome, and its a nice app :D

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: