This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tethane
Guild Mistress

re: App: Ehren DK

The application submitted by Ehren DK is as follows:

Quote:
General information

Your real name:
David McIntosh

Your location:
Ayr, Scotland

You age (please be aware it is unlikely we will approved an application of anyone under 16):

Are you interested in being a raiding or social member:
Raiding

Go on, tell us some more about yourself (don't skip the gory details!):
My name is Dave, I'm 31, and currently live in Ayr, Scotland. I bought a house in May, and will now be horrendously but happily in debt until shortly before I lose control of my faculties.

I've played WoW for 4 years, and am at something of a cross-roads following the collapse of my previous guild. I had thought a couple of months ago that I would quit completely, but that hasn't happened. I've finally got some balance in my life (this game consumed my social life for a loooonngggg time), and I'm happy to continue playing.

Outside the guild I'm a rabid movie buff, enjoy other games on PC (Civ IV, All Things Monkey Island, Dragon Age) and PS3 (God of War collection, Dirt 2 and Call of Duty Classic at the moment), am slowly learning some mad DIY skills - and at the same time am systematically killing off my new garden. life is pretty good. I'm also a Manchester United fan, so that could be a black mark against me straight away.

In my spare time I'm also trying to build an Arcade Machine - which I think I'll have to rescue from the shed tonight - damn frost.

I like to think of myself as friendly, diplomatic, and a good laugh. I have been known to have a rude sense of humour in the past - but I'm more than willing to tone that down pre-watershed.

So, that's me really - a happy nerd.

Character information

Your characters name:
Ehren

Characters level:

Characters race:
Draenai

Characters Class:
Death Knight

Please supply a link to your armory profile:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Ehren

Your talent build (i.e Destruction 0/21/40):
Frost: 12/52/7 - Currently investigating tweaking this as have been out of raiding for a while.

Professions and levels (please include any noteworthy recipes):
Herbalism, Alchemy - low level at the moment. Have high level Engineer, Tailor, Miner on different chars. Work to be done on this one though admittedly

Are you intending to bring any alts with you into the guild, if so please can you supply details (Name, level, class, race):
I currently have three alts on this realm - two of which I would be keen to bring into the guild:

Bandaid: Originally my raiding char at Level 70 as a Holy Priest - currently Disc Spec and Level 71.

Rezin: Character I'm currently trying to level - Level 42 Enhancement. Planning to go Resto at 80.

Previous guilds and your reason for leaving:
I haven't been in many guilds in my 4 years of play-time:

My First Character was a Combat-Spec rogue called Daveyboy:

I was originally in a very small social guild (back in Pre-BC days) called Lacus LF Faction, who eventually merged with another smaller guild called Clandestine. This formed a small raiding guild called Fusion. Fusion Ultimately collapsed pre-BC after managing to get ZG cleared and upto Ossirian in AQ20.

From BC onwards I was a Veteran ( Officer) in Ascendance, a great guild and advert for social raiding. I'd moved to Bandaid my Holy Priest at this point, as there wasn't a lot of love for Rogue's at that time. We ploughed our way through:

Burning Crusade:
Kara, ZA, Gruul, Magtheridon, 5/6SSC, 3/4TK, 3/5MH (pre 2.4), 4/5MH (pre 2.4), 5/9 BT (pre 2.4), 8/9 BT (post 2.4), Sunwell - Some Trash :-)

Wrath of the Lich King
Naxx 10/25 Cleared
EOE 10/25 Cleared
OS 10/25 Cleared with upto 2 Dragons
VOA: Cleared (Both Bosses)
Ulduar 10:11/14 25: 10/14

Unfortunately Ascendance were struck with a lot of afk's over the summer (including my own after buying a house), and ultimately collapsed over a month ago. Most active raiding members left to join Chi - a much larger guild, the size of which didn't really appeal to me. Sad really, but inevitable if lots of different people start to pull in different directions.

A few of us briefly set up another guild - Shameless, aimed at keeping us together. That hasn't really worked out though, and effectively lies empty.

So, I stand alone now - looking for a new challenge, and more importantly to make some new friends.

Raid experience

WOTLK raid experience:
I summarised the raids in the "Previous Guilds" section. I acted as Off-tank and sometimes DPS in these raids.

Historic game experience vanilla/TBC:
Again summarised prior to this section.

Technical Information

Do you have Ventrilo?:
Yes

If no, can you get Ventrilo and a microphone?:
Yes

Do you have a stable internet connection?:
Yes - Stable, Wired Broadband. Also a decent Core 2 Duo Machine, 4GB RAM, Radeon 4850. 24" Monitor at 1920x1200 resolution.

What addons do you currently use?:
Currently nothing (experimenting with rune cooldown mods), but when raiding and not told otherwise I would have Deadly Bossmods and Recount. Happy to use anything else required.

Other stuff!

Do you have any references in the guild?:

I'm afraid not, although I had a brief chat with Tethane yesterday evening.

Why do you want to join Forsaken Enlightenment and why would you be an asset to the guild?:
I am looking for a social environment with raiding ideally 1-2 times a week (after having raided very sporadically from halfway through Ulduar onwards), and I've heard good things about this guild. It would have been easy for me to jump into Chi with the large amount of my former "raiding" guildies (not assuming they'd automatically accept me of course) - but I feel that guild is a little too big for my liking.

I believe I would be an asset to the guild as a person - I know when to be serious, and when to be more frivolous. I read up on tactics (although quite often I don't get a massive amount from it until I've actually experienced the encounter in 3D - if that makes sense to anyone else). I treat my friends well, and believe it's my responsibility to protect them and their reputations.

I will definitely be able to commit to 1 raid a week initially (and over the Christmas period), but I'm planning to increase this to 2 nights as soon as I can reliably manage. Some weeks I'll be able to do more. The only bad night of the week for me normally is a Tuesday - we go to my Fiancee's parent's that night of the week, and quite often any Champions League games I want to watch are on that night.

I've purposely left the Availability section of the app blank, aside from the Tuesday issue. The note above should clarify.

Anything else you may want to add!:
While my armory link is provided, I would like to add the following:

1. I am currently doing some reading about my spec, as I'm fairly fresh back into the game, and it might not be the best way to go now. This goes for my DPS off-spec as well - I'm keen to try and raise my game dps-wise. I've played Frost, Unholy and frost/unholy hybrid specs mostly, but am now experimenting with a Blood Dps build. I can then say I've tried them all.

2. My tanking gear is all at a Naxx 25 plus level (with a couple of badge upgrades and a sword from the new ICC dungeons - Mourning Malice pwned my Relentless Edge - /cry), I need to fire through some heroics to try and pick up some easy fix upgrades available to me now. My DPS gear is all around Naxx 25 as well with a few upgrades.

3. I'm a little out of practice, so I'm worried I'll embarrass myself initially when tanking.

4. I'm very much enjoying my Shaman, and having had a main character Healer in the past - it's faesible that i may fall for that again at some point in the future. Not likely, but possible.

Other than that I think I've rattled on quite enough thank you very much :-)

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Don't Know
Monday -> Don't Know
Tuesday -> Never
Wednesday -> Don't Know
Thursday -> Don't Know
Friday -> Don't Know
Saturday -> Don't Know

Tethane
Guild Mistress

re: APPROVED - App: Ehren DK - by Tuishao

Was lovely to chat to, found us from the blog (go meee) really nice guy, great app what more can you say!

Crossless
Wanderer

indeed a well thought and written application.it's a yes from me:)

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Sounds good I like his app and he is scottish so funny accent on vent woop haha. But yea nice application even though its a dk but still Dks rock, I just aint too keen on them. A yes though I say

Crossless
Wanderer

i'm pretty sure david can give him some tips on how to improve his dps thus making him a good asset for our guild:D

Majikthise

seems to be a tank =p

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Before Approving members, members should be invited... Can we make sure this happens please.

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Ok well get on inviting them ;p I just found that personal note thing and thought it was helpful. Tells them to whisper us makes life simpler but its cool

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: