Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Class Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flavur/Cedex

re: mage dps Spec

Just wondered with all the new talents what the rest of you mages were spec'in in raids.
Been looking around reading the mage class forums and arena junkies but theres quite a few mixed views.

Atm i'm intending to go 11/50/0
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=of0V0zZzE0oRhfuVubhsx
so i get the focus magic effect, now as long as i put this on someone with a reasonable crit rating i'll be giving them an extra 3% crit whilst also getting 3% crit myself the majority of the time.

i had to choose between that and icy veins/elemental precision as i could stick those 11 points in frost instead and take those talents.

This all good and well i have chosen fire to be the primary tree of casts here :P just because i do enjoy using it in the raids. Never been a firm believer as arcane for pve specially in long fights although new talents might have changed this however i do like frost alot in raids too so will probly give this a spin soon aswell.

Last edited by Flavur/Cedex on 30-10-2008 11:22; edited 1 time in total

re: mage dps Spec

Hello! and greetings Cedex, nice to see you on the forums, haven't had a chance yet to say hello in game... Well, I am no mage but I have been having the same issues in selecting my own spec...

Locks have been pushed out of delivering shadow damage as destro and into fire, I must admit it is taking some getting used to and my dps is lower but with a bit of tweaking I think I am quite happy with it.

Getting to my point.... SCORCH, I imagine all hardcore destro locks will kick and scream for this in raids... As a fire mage, we could make a splendid team!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Class Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: