This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tethane
Guild Mistress

re: App: Oguleth

The application submitted by Oguleth is as follows:

Quote:
General information

Your real name:
Haakon

Your location:
Oslo, Norway

You age (please be aware it is unlikely we will approved an application of anyone under 16):

Are you interested in being a raiding or social member:
Raiding

Go on, tell us some more about yourself (don't skip the gory details!):
First of all, I hate Internet Explorer, as it always seem to crash when I fill out forms like this one, but my nature prevents me from trying anything else.

Anyway, I happen to be The Eternal Student. I have yet to finish a degree - even though I am very close to getting one (in economics), so while my motivation suck I keep some part time jobs to keep me floating - while my spare time gets used up on some kind of nerdy activities like gaming, reading and footie.

I am a pretty sarcastic person; it is my hope it seldom comes across as offensive and often funny, some kind of twisted humor is what keeps me going, especially in wow where bad pugs, getting played tennis with by Death Knights or having one of those evil raidnights (people not showing, wiping, instance lag) can make one insane in the long run.

I also tend to dislike these kinds of questions, as it often ends up being too short, or way too long, so I'll just stop there and just label it as a perfect short entry.

Character information

Your characters name:
Dominator

Characters level:

Characters race:
Human

Characters Class:
Paladin

Please supply a link to your armory profile:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Dominator

Your talent build (i.e Destruction 0/21/40):
0/18/53 Retribution

Professions and levels (please include any noteworthy recipes):
Herbalism (450) and Enchanting (Progressing through 430s) - some of the shardbought recipes.

Are you intending to bring any alts with you into the guild, if so please can you supply details (Name, level, class, race):
I do not intend to bring any alts initially.

Previous guilds and your reason for leaving:
Finding myself at warcraftrealms, I really am quite the guild jumper.. Of course, most people are after 4 years playing.

I was recruited into Morbus Gravis about 5 seconds after zoning into the human startarea; they was talking french, so I was outta there really quick.

Since I made Dom on ED to play with a RL friend, she managed to get me into the guild she was in - IronStorm - which was basically a social guild that aspired to raid. It was dying several times (it had been crippled a few times before I joined already), so I left a few times with some of my chars, but I was attached to it until all the officers had a big falling out in a ZG raid (the first time I was maintanking on my warrior, very annoyed at the time), so the guild shattered for good, but I still have contact with plenty of people from it.

I joined some small guilds at the time, Northern Heroes was just some generic scandinavian guild that lasted the same amount of time most of those do, not long. Flames of Fortitude had some nice people again, but people at 60 got bored, so every two weeks it was completly different people, sadly. I ended up creating Divine Murloc with some RL friends as a "bloody stupid guilds" escape in a fatalist way, and kept most of my alts there too. I joined Men of Honor, a week after joining they ended up merging with another guild - one I really hated (I think it was Realm of Light), so that didn't work out well either.

A brief spell of seriousness in Classic WoW was MadHouse - though I mostly played my warrior there, visited ZG and MC some, but me and an rl friend that joined got fed up with how it was run so went back to Divine Murloc.

I tried even more, with the guild Nemesis, that was doing ZG as a coop with some other guild, it had some really nice people, but the raiding was handled in a very weird way again so I ended up leaving. To spite everything, I joined a guild that recruited in trade - Infernos, and that was as bad it seemed.

Roll on tBC. A lot of guilds was forming due to new raid sizes, and I joined one called Sedition, it had alot of openess it seemed; for a while it was pretty fun, but the creators/officers ended up getting burned out while we tried kara ASAP with completly undergeared characters, some quit, members started leaving, and voila, dead guild.

One day after leaving, I was asked to apply to Memento - a hardcore raiding guild that needed healers, had never tried hardcore raiding so gave it a shot, but just raiding and working burned me out real quick. So left.

Was unguilded for a while, until I joined Twilight Gambit - I had always admired them (especially form horde side) for their BG capabilities and allroundedness, and it was a brilliant guild when I joined really. The members ended up wanting more 25-man content (always struggled with having enough for Gruul and Mags), so ended up merging with Forlorn Hope; and putting on a more hardcore attitude to ranks and such than before, on top of some members of Forlorn Hope that was rather...annoying. So even though I stayed for a while to give it a shot, I gave up after a couple of months.

Since I had to disband Divine Murloc at some point (put all my characters in Nemesis), I remade it as Enraged Rubber Ducks. That still exists, thanks to several others keeping alts in it, so I could hand over guild leadership when I joined the last proper guild I was a member of..

Fighting Mongooses. I started out joining with my druid (I had been a holy paladin healer since I made the char pretty much, though I was quasi dpsing in 5-mans in classic) since I wanted a change of buttons to click, though I later joined with my entire crew of characters. Was fun for a very long time, nice people, casual approach to raiding, the works. Some time ago, things changed though. Boost beggings, account sharing, people not responding at all to guild grouping or generally being silent, officers cracking down on sick people in raids, it all added up to what I remembered Infernos being, so I saw no point staying anymore.

After that I joined Enraged Rubber Ducks again, and plan to stick my alts there forever, and hoping I can coup guild leadership there at some point (muhaha).

Raid experience

TBC raid experience:
Kara (cleared over and over and over on several characters), ZA (only cleared after raiding turned into a joke), Gruul (cleared before raidjoke), Magtheridon (cleared before raidjoke and after), SSC (lurker, hydross and tidewalker prejoke), The Eye (Lootreaver, has always been a joke), Black Temple (minus Illidan and Council, post raidjoke).

Historic game experience (were you ever in MC/BWL/AQ40/NAXX):
MC (Cleared on all classes bar rogue, warlock and druid), ZG (cleared on all classes bar rogue and warlock), BWL (cleared on Mage, up to Chromaggus on Warrior)

Technical Information

Do you have Teamspeak?:
Yes

Do you have a stable internet connection?:
Depends on what "stable" is. Most of the time it is, though the modem can be a bit dodgy, bu can't remember the last time it made any trouble for wow related things.

What addons do you currently use?:
DBM, Recount - currently turned off actually. I used to run loads, but the purist in me started from scratch again.

Other stuff!

Do you have any references in the guild?:
Not as such, though I have raided some through SGA runs at certain points. Though that is some time ago now, I suppose.

Why do you want to join Forsaken Enlightenment and why would you be an asset to the guild?:
I'd like to join Forsaken Enlightment because I get the impression it's a social raiding guild with more of a focus on the social than the raiding. My "must raid many times a week" is way past me, but I'd like to taste some of it again. And to get general nonsense guildchat, that seems to be the case.. If the ads are correct.

Why I'd be an asset.. I do know a fair bit about the game right now, and I often end up researching stuff about my character, so should be performing well. Also I take appointments/deals kinda serious so unless something very weird happens I show up on time with reagents, consumables, and that kinda thing, making things easier for the leaders.

I also bring Replinishment :p

Anything else you may want to add!:
My current spec is a pvp Retribution spec. Also I am in PvP gear. I have no intention of staying that spec for raiding, just so you know. (Only raid I enter with that kinda spec is VoA 10-man, as it doesnt really require anything). My raidset isn't complete, but working on it.

I am also working on a healerset for when dualspec comes out - I spent nearly all of my time in tBC (and a lot of time in Classic) healing, and as such I like the freedom of not walking around in healspec (or wasting gold on constant respecs) all the time, so haven't given it much attention yet, so you might have an extra possible healer for raids then.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> 3x a Month
Monday -> 3x a Month
Tuesday -> 3x a Month
Wednesday -> Never
Thursday -> Never
Friday -> 2x a Month
Saturday -> Don't Know

Tethane
Guild Mistress

re: APPROVED - App: Oguleth - by Tethane

He is lovely, the FM's are fine with it!

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

re: APPROVED - App: Oguleth - by Tethane

Mmm he will prob get bored of us soon by the looks of it. I Dunno, I guess cant hurt having him in for a bit atleast.

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: