Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ravyn45

re: Some basic tips for healing Naxx

Bin searching the net for some more info about healing Naxx ....

Healing tips for Naxx

Spider Wing

Anub'Rekhan

Our hassles on this were largely add-control related. I think having the tank healer be the intervene target for the anub tank works fine...if done right the tank takes very little damage while kiting, and most healers have an instant heal or two available if it gets ugly. The tank healer must just make absolutely sure not to be silenced by the locust swarm. Healing the offtank can get very intense if the dot stacks too high on him. If healing the off tank becomes an issue, it means mainly the adds aren't dying fast enough. Nature resistance may help mitigate this damage as well if it becomes an issue. Locust swarm healing should not be an issue -- no one should be taking locust swarm. But people will make mistakes. It does 1500 damage every 2 seconds PER STACK and silences the person. I think even 1 stack will kill most people if they don't receive a heal. This requires very heavy healing if it stacks high. Raid healers should make healing other healers with locust swarm their priority, and watch for if the tank healer gets hit with it and cover the tank.

extra tip for phase 1 :
Impale’s target the player. They’re inevitable and players will get hit by them. But we want to minimize it by having them spread out in a staggered line facing Anub. Impale will hit for about 4400 on Cloth.

Really important: See the green slime? Don’t stand in those. Or run into there. Don’t come in contact with it.

Example situation : a Warlock is right behind u. Anub targets him and lights up an Impale. The two of us go flying in the air. I pop a CoH in the air to help boost our health a little and Levitate down. Stop just… lands really hard and continues DPSing.

Healing
Anub hits fairly hard. I’m going to suggest a 2 healer on MT with 1 healer on the raid and OT. Note that the raid doesn’t take a lot of damage throughout the encounter as long as they spread themselves out to avoid and mitigate Impale damage. Once the impale hits, your 3rd healer should drop a few AoE spells or whatever to get them back up (I’m not telling you what spells to use. You’re in Naxx now).

Like said earlier in Phase 2, collapse to the middle. Try to load up the tanks with as much HoTs and mitigation spells or abilities as possible. If you need to sneak out and hit your tank with an emergency heal, do it even if it means risking a Locust Swarm. You should be able to max range the tank without getting affected by it. Another method is to run slightly ahead of the tank so that you still remain out of range of Locust Swarm.

Example situation : Assuming ur a Discipline Priest, I would park myself on the side and heal the MT. Resto Shaman, would be tasked to healing the raid. Resto Druid would be unloading HoTs on the MT as wel as any melee players that are up front.

debuffs: Acid Spit (off tank stacking dot), Locust Swarm

Grand Widow Faerlina

Tank healer should watch the frenzy timer and begin cancel casting large heals for when it hits (or just spam them). Poison bolt volley is not a big deal in 10 man. It seems to hit 3 targets and does a total of ~7k damage per target (instant + dot) so everyone should be able to survive a single bolt and maybe even two without healing.

Note :
The only way to dispel Frenzy is to bring one of her mobs on top of her and kill it. Only then can the effect be dispelled.
But you are on the clock. Once the last mob dies and she enrages there is no way for you to dispel it.

debuffs: Poison Bolt Volley (probably not that important)

Maexxna

This is one of the harder healing fights on 10 mans. Tank damage is very high. Nearly requires a poison cure over time on the tank. Poison cleansing totem works in a pinch, abolish poison is ideal. This shoudl be up on the tank at all times and cured manually whenever possible, especially if you're using poison cleansing totem; it puts a large -healing debuff on the tank. Healer will need to be assigned to cover the web wrapped person. Range should be stacked to help gather the trash for AE. Need to keep hots on the tank for the raid-wide web spray. Healing will be VERY intense when she frenzies at low health. Tank will need to chain cooldowns through web sprays likely after the frenzy.

Note : Healers
Necrotic Poison – This is the main reason why the tank faces the big M away from the raid. It reduces healing taken by 90%. It must come off. Any Druid, Paladin or Shaman can remove it. She also does a 15 yard conical directly in front of her. That would be the second reason.

debuffs: Web Wrap (single target web wrap), Necrotic Poison (healing debuff), Web Spray (though you'll know when this happens anyway..)

Plague Wing

Noth the Plaguebringer

This fight is a joke as long as you have a decurser on the ball; decursing is the #1 priority. One dedicated healer on the main tank, the off tank can be covered by raid healers when adds are up. Both will need a fair bit of healing when Noth disappears and both are tanking adds. He does not blink seem to blink despite what boss mods say, though he does occasionally still use cripple, which doesn't matter all that much and doesn't last all that long, but should be dispelled when possible.

Debuffs: Curse of the Plaguebringer, Cripple (should show up as normal dispellable buffs if you can dispel them.)

Heigan the Unclean

Don't fail at the safety dance. Stay at a good range from him in P1 on the platform to avoid the 300% cast speed debuff. Casts a point blank AE disease "decrepit fever". It reduces max health by 50% and does 3k damage every 3 second, curable as a disease, so there should be a dedicated disease curer. Don't bother healing in P2 until you are SURE you have the safety dance down; don't die because you're trying to heal someone else's mistake. This is an easy fight and you can win with half the raid dead, as long as you have a healer and a few dps around. The transition from P1 to P2 is always the same. The last "safe zone" just before P2 starts is always position 2; one over from the door you enter from. The first "safe zone" in p2 is always position 1. When the transition is about to occur, you can watch for the last splash with position 2 as the safe zone, then run right right to P1. Moving quickly into position here will help avoid taking a tick of plague cloud on the platform (an ability he uses only during P2 on the platform; it does 7500 damage per tick around him) and should reduce the chances you pick up plague cloud as well.

Debuffs: Decrepit Fever, Spell Disruption

Loatheb

You can only heal for 3 seconds out of every 20 seconds. You'll gain a debuff that will reduce your healing done by 100% that lasts 17 seconds. Watch the debuff on your buff bar, and time your heals to land as soon as the buff fades. Don't cut it too close, though, it's very bad to miss your healing window. While the heal debuff is up, you can still cast damage prevention spells, like power word: shield, during this time and these abilities should be kept up on the tank full time. While the debuff is up you can still cast your heal over time effects, earth shield, etc.; They won't work while the debuff is up, but they WILL start to work during the 3 seconds the debuff is down. If you don't need to refresh hots, damage absorbtions, etc. you should be dpsing during the 17 seconds you can't heal. There is a "soft enrage" that starts after 2 minutes, where his damage goes up substantially, but with strong raid healing you can heal through the soft enrage indefinitely. The fight is really pretty trivial from a healing perspective if you bring 3 healers. I don't think it will be that much tighter with two. Groups will be killing spores every so often to get a buff that increases crit rate by 50%. Try to pick up the spore debuff with your group, but if you need to stand and heal because the debuff window is up, do that instead.

So you’ll definitely want an AoE healer for this fight. Try to time your heal around the warnings that appear. We tasked the Paladin to do nothing but heal the main tank on this fight. The Resto Shaman would heal group 2 while I was parked in group 1. The mechanics to Chain Heal has changed slightly so that if you target the initial player with the spell, it will only jump to other party members instead of going raid wide. With the Glyph, it will bounce to 4 targets total.

3 seconds before the debuff wears off, light up a Prayer of Healing. You want to time your heal so that it lands just as it wears off and it sets you up for 2 or even 3 Circle of Healing taps on the 2nd group.

What about the debuff phase?

At this stage, all you need to worry about is wanding and doing DPS. Keep an eye on your mana. Be sure you don’t DPS more than you have to. Your Power Word: Shield will still work. Don’t hesitate to throw that up there whenever you get the chance on your tank.

There are a number of buffs and debuffs on this fight, but I'm not sure it's worthwhile to put them on grid, they are all raid wide. Debuffs: Necrotic Aura (heal debuff), Deathbloom (raid damage), Inevitable Doom (soft enrage) and there's a buff: Fungal Creep (+50% crit)

Abomination Wing

Patchwerk

Very heavy damage on two targets. the hateful strike tank should be the strongest tank and stack avoidance; hateful strike can't crit (apparently.) Hateful strike goes at the offtank for ~10k every 1.2 seconds. Main tank gets hit for ~8k every ~1 second or so. Beacon of light is godly on this, I think it will be a lot harder without a paladin. Save cooldowns for the low health frenzy at 5% which significantly increases his attack speed and damage output. This is a very intensive fight for healers. You need to heal high throughput for 5-7 minutes.

As a healer, you really need to conserve mana and save a set of cooldowns for the last 7% and go full on spam at that point, in my experience. Refresh any short duration buffs at 10% or so to make sure they are up (paladins: beacon, seal of wisdom, judgements of the pure, sacred shield, etc.) then pop any of your cooldowns and spam max throughput like you're on a fel rage target.

Healing is
Tough, tough, and really tough. You’ll be working your stopcasting here often. Holy Priest on the MT, Resto Shaman on the OT, Paladin with Beacon of Light on one tank and healing the other to cover the bases. Flash Heal for maintenance healing. When your tank drops to 60% or less, queue up a Greater Heal and keep your finger triggered on the stopcast button. If someone else catches him, hit it. If not, let it go.
I want to emphasize that the raid should not be taking much (if any) damage at all.

Bust out the Hymn of Hope early on while eyeing your group. Make sure all the mana users can get the most out of it. When you get low again, bust out the Shadowfiend. Your last line of defense is the Runic Mana Potion.
When you kill him…
See the green slimes ...Those mobs aren’t targettable via mouse. However, if you get in close range of them, you will explode pretty horribly.
So when you do get him down, don’t forget to sidestep those oozes or else you’ll end up like Matticus with a faceplant on solid concrete.

Grobbulus

This was very intense for healing, probably the hardest encounter in the zone. I'm not sure how to do this with less than 3 healers with all the movement required; it REALLY sucks when the healers are all injected one after another. Clear communication between healers on vent was very key to our success in making sure your assignments were covered while you were out. The one thought I have is that if the tank healer gets injected, he needs to find a safe spot that's as close to the tank as possible to explode, so maybe he can still heal while waiting to pop. I cleansed myself at least once during some of the attempts so I could get back into the fight more quickly because the tank needed healing. I don't see a huge problem with this if people are careful. He will use Slime Stream occasionally, I believe if the tank gets out of range, which hits everyone near him with a dot. Note that the rate at which he uses mutating injection increases dramatically as he gets to low health; I believe at 30% it really picks up.

Note :
Grobbulus’ abilities are Nature based. Consider using Aspect of the Wild or other Nature Resistance abilities (Totems?). I do not know how effective using the resist is but it could help the raid stay alive longer than normal and buy more time. I haven’t had a chance to test Nature Resist. But it isn’t a necessity.

Debuffs: Mutating Injection, Slime Stream

Gluth

Stacks a -10% healing debuff on the tank who has aggro. Healing is pretty light on the tanks unless the stack gets high. Even at 3 stacks fol spam was more than enough, for the most part. I feel like as far as damage throughput this could easily be a two healer fight, the main issue is that one healer needs to keep range on the kiter for emergencies so that makes 3 pretty valuable just for coverage (though maybe we should plan on the kite just going flawless, or letting him swing by when he needs a heal?) There's basically no raid damage except for the decimate (except when zombie chow gets on someone) but no one really needs healing "immediately" after decimate, since there's no raid damage. Only risk here is tank/offtank post-decimate, and when the first new zombie spawns post-decimate and makes for a healer. I'm going to try to remember to beacon the offtank before decimate hits so that if a taunt is needed it can happen quickly.

Gluth does a Decimate Flesh ability that you see in the opening shot of this post. Everyone’s health including the Zombies drop down to 10%. That’s your cue to get the entire raid to focus fire the Zombies and kill them. Otherwise if you don’t kill them quick enough, they will run towards Gluth and he will consume them and gain a lot of health back. And you do not want Gluth to get healed.

tip: A few seconds before Decimate hits, have your kiter run to the opposite side of the room where Gluth is to buy your raid a few extra seconds of DPS time.

Healing
2 single target healer on the tanks and 1 AoE healer on the kiter approach. Tanks will be taking a bit of a beating. Normal hits on Pate for about 4500. Enrage hits on Plate for about 5500+.

Tank healers have to focus and listen for the calls. Make sure the tanks are communicating so that tank healers know when they’re switching.

The AoE healer will be keeping an eye on the kiter. It is inevitable that the kiter takes a few glancing blows here and there. Every time a player gets hit by Zombie Chow, they suffer a disease called Infected Wound which cannot be cleansed. It wears off after a minute. The disease causes players to take increased physical damage by 100 every time it is applied. I once had 20 applications of the debuff and believe me, it wasn’t fun at all.

After he hits Decimate Flesh, the raid’s health drops straight down to 10%. AoE heals are big at this point. Have the tank healers get the tank health back to 80% or higher and spam the rest of the raid. Don’t forget, during this portion of the fight, that zombies don’t aggro onto anything. They’re going straight for Gluth.

Priests
Circle of Healing a few times to get everyone out of the red. Finish off with direct heals or Prayer of Healing to get more heal strength down. In fact, consider using Holy Nova while you’re near players and are also in range of the Zombies. Every bit of DPS helps.

Debuffs: Mortal Wound (tank -10% to heal stacking debuff.)

Thaddius

The two adds to kill first, healing is very light during this phase. I don't think there's even any raid damage. If we have more than two healers, one of them should probably just dps, though still keeping an eye on their mana for the rest of the fight. Tank healing on Thaddius was not very bad; the positioning we used on the second pull was much better and I had no line of sight problems on the tank. The vast majority of the damage in this fight (assuming people handle polarity shifts correctly) is the chain lightning which hits awfully hard. Feel like this whole fight could be healed with two healers.

Note to all : DO NOT LOOT YOUR ITEMS AFTER THE BOSS DIES! Wait for your charges to wear off before doing so or else you’ll be in for a very nasty (and shocking) surprise. twisted

Military Wing

Instructor Razuvious

The understudies will need heavy healing. A paladin with beacon is enough if the rotation is on the ball, might need two healers otherwise, not sure. Beacon is OP for this, though it's a real pain in the ass to heal because they randomly break charm etc. and healing UIs don't really suppor healing charmed mobs. I suggest healing with nameplates up and close enough to see them if possible, and do a lot of assisting off razuvious. He does random secondary target ability "jagged knife" every 10-12 seconds that requires very responsive healing (think Rage Winterchill's Frost Bolt) up front damage is mitigated physical, but can hit for over 4k up front on clothies and then another 10k damage (not mitigatable other than shadow form, etc.) over 5 seconds.

Note:
Healers can NOT sustain Understudy’s on their own for extended periods of time. Don’t try to tank it with just 1 Understudy the whole way. Tank switching and Orb releasing is imperative. The job for healers in this fight is to help extend Understudy’s for as long as possible.

Grid Debuffs: Jagged Knife

Gothik the Harvester

Not much to this healing wise. Want a strong raid healer on each side, there is a fair bit of ae. Don't have full logs for this with range on the other group, but it looks like live side: death knights whirlwind, riders shadow bolt volley and have a shadow damage aura. dead side: trainees arcane explosion; death knights sunder the tank, cleave and whirlwind; riders have a shadow damage aura and drain life on a secondary target (dispellable/kickable), horses have a stomp/snare. Gothik chain shadowbolts the tank for ~3k every 1-1.5 seconds.

4h: I don't know the melee tank side very well, someone else can fill this in. Caster side is pretty straight forward. I think a paladin is the ideal healer for this because two target healing is beacon for money. I think a priest could do this pretty effectively with binding heal plus hots as well. I think it may be too far for chain heal and pom bounces.

Frostwyrm wing

Sapphiron

Tank damage is very high on sapphiron. With beacon on me and staying almost exclusively on Nivwar, I did nearly as much healing as our raid healers. Christ. This is a very rough endurance fight at least for the tank healer. Having replenishment would have helped. Next time I'm going to try going without beacon on myself, so that I can get more benefit from spiritual attunement which should help my mana quite a bit. Positioning on our latter attempts was such that I was in range of other people, so that's nice. Raid healers -- any thoughts about what it would take to reduce the healing requirements on this? It sounds like the issue wasn't that you couldn't heal it, but rather that you were going to go OOM while trying to heal it. Would positioning help? Less healers would mean a faster kill with more dps.

Kel'Thuzad

really not that hard of a healing fight, though we had too much healing. The one major risk for healing I saw is when the offtank in phase 3 gets Frost Blasted. I think Deh was positioned such that the other healers couldn't reach him. As far as I can tell there's no reason not to tank those adds in the middle of the range, except maybe accounting for cleave if they have it. That's the only reason we lost deh, otherwise the healing is yawn. I think the main tank could definitely tank both adds and KT for the whole fight, though that's going to get really hectic so probably best to continue to use an offtank for that.

"Mistakes, obviously, show us what needs improving. Without mistakes, how would we know what we had to work on?"
Peter McWilliams, Life 101

Forum Image
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: