Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry Werry

re: Vault of Archavon

As i wasn't there last night, i don't know what the problems were, but here are some tips from WoWwiki:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Archavon_the_Stone_Watcher

Some major points:
* I think you had 3 healers with you? As this is a heavy DPS race, maybe taking only 2 healers and some more DPS might help.
* Even tho his HP is lower than some Naxx encounters, Archavon's enrage timer (5 mins) makes this quite a tough encounter mainly based on gear (and ofcourse knowing your char), rather than tactics. So perhaps Naxx would be a more logical choice to start off with (after some heroic gear up runs perhaps ;))

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Yeah your right Jerry, we soon got used to the fight as it is a very simple encounter compared to others we have done, the issue was the 5 min enrage (900% damage increase...... OUCH!) Our dps was just not enough, and we felt that having entirely ranged dps would be better aswell.... to avoid that nasty smoke thing he does.

I think we were a bit big for our boots, give us a week of gearing and I am sure we will get him down....

Jerry Werry

The all ranged DPS wouldn't help that much i'm affraid, as he spawns the cloud after charging a random raid member. I must admit, i don't know the max range of this charge, but from previous experiences, raidbosses usually have a zonewide range.. Worth trying tho i suppose Happy

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: