Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Class Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

re: Useful information on hit rating I hope :)

Melee hit = 32.79 Rating = 1% at level 80
Spell hit = 26.23 Rating = 1% at level 80.

Warlock-

Warlock hit cap by the looks of things would be 447 if you have no buffs or talents, If you are with a draenei would go down to 421 but that would relay on being in a party with a Draenei Happy. Or if you are Destro/Affliction with the Talents to increase hit % 368 would be your target hit rating.

Fury Warrior -

The Fury Warrior hitcap is 14%, and the 3% from Precision brings it down to 11% for your yellow damage. In terms of hit rating, that'd be 361 rating. The white damage hit cap is higher due to the off-hand penalty of dual-wielding, but you don't even need to worry about it. Your white damage will be good enough to keep up your rage generation, and most of your Titan's Grip DPS will come from your special attacks.
361 is your magic number.

Hunter -

For a level 80 hunter, 32.79 hit rating gives you 1% hit.
263 Hit Rating is needed to reach the Hit Cap or if you have Focused aim 165. But Focused aim does not increase your pets chance to hit unlike just stacking normal hit rating.

All spell casters -

368 is the hit cap to hit with all spells(except healing ofc they dont have a hit rating), but then you have to take into account your talents and raid members ie SPriests and Draenei. 1 % hit = 26 hit rating so if you are with a Draenei with +1% chance to hit your hit cap would be 342 etc.

Enhancement Shamans -

For enhancement shamans it is said that you need to get your hit cap for spells not the duel wield so 367/368 Is the one you want too. Anything above 300 is considered ok though.

Rogues -

For rogues the "soft" hit cap is 215 which should be good enough people say, 365 is the true hit cap, but anything above 215 with stacking expertise/attack power is good enough. Even though as a rogue you shouldn't need expertise that much as you should attack from behind.

Death Knights -

For Death Knights somewhere between 8-9% melee hit rating for raiding At 80, 32.7 hit rating equal 1% of melee hit, and 26 hit rating equals 1% of spell hit. That means you'll want somewhere between 270-296 hit rating for that raid cap. This is of course using a 2 hander Otherwise it would be like any other duel wield about 365ish.

Paladins -

The Melee cap for paladins is 296 hit rating not sure how the spells and that work for paladins though. but 296 I guess would be a good start Happy

And that is what I have found out today... I hope it helps

Last edited by Tuishao on 16-12-2008 10:21; edited 1 time in total

Jerry Werry

I can't be arsed to do the math myself, so i'm just gonna ask ya :P

Did you take into consideration that the hit penalty from Titan's Grip (Fury warriors) will be removed in the next patch?

P.S.
Nice post mate!! :D

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Very nice post Peter, thanks xx Although 446 is % rounded down not up, 447 is the hitcap for destro locks!

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Its what I found out just by searching so most is copy paste and just bits and bats of mine.
Yea it says locks is that without talents but with talents it 368.. but then I ready all spells hit at 368 so that confuses me Happy LOL.

Dont shoot the messenger Happy.

I dont think so Jerry, Its just stuff I searched for today as people might want to look all in one place. Just a rough guide you could say.

Jerry Werry

Looked it up myself Happy

As Titan's Grip reduces chance to hit with special attacks by 5% now, Furies need to negate that with hit rating. But once patch 3.0.8 goes live, the special attack hit cap is only 197

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Class Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: