Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Niyä

re: Magtheridon tactics

Ok, time for Magtheridon (Maggy for friends), that big amorphous devil lizzard located unther the Helfire Citadel.

Before Maggy, all mobs arround have to be killed or they come to fight as soon as maggy fight starts. There're about 4 or 5 pulls at much, easy ones.

When all is clear, we get into the room where Magtheridon is been used to create the Fel Orcs (using his blood).

The room where Maghteridon is is kinda rounded. Maggy is just in the middle and around him there're 5 casters. Each one is using a cube that holds Maggy where he is.
We can enter without problems 'cause there's no risk of aggro. The fight only starts when one of the casters is hit.

Basically the fight is very easy, the big thing is the coordination between players to use the cubes on the needed moment.

Here's another great paint picture to show positions:

Forum Image

The arrows show the killing order of the adds that i'll explain now.
Usually 5 tanks are used at the beggining, one for each add on cubes. If there're not enought tanks, then for each less tank, a tank should get two adds, i mean, if we have 4 tanks, one of them will be tanking 2 adds. With 3 tanks, we have two tanking two adds and one with one, etc...

Each tank goes close to the add he/she's tanking. If we dont have 5 tanks, mobs tanked will be like this:

With 4 tanks:
MT goes where cube 1 is, aggroes (on pull ofc) the add and a hunter misdirects Add2 to him.
The rest of the tanks get each one of the other adds.

With 3 tanks:
MT goes where cube 1 is, aggroes (on pull ofc) the add and a hunter misdirects Add2 to him.
Another tank goes where cube 3 is, aggroes (on pull ofc) the add and a hunter misdirects Add4 to him.
Last tank tank gets last add.

Before the fight we must set 5 pairs of players. Each pair will be on charge to activate one of the cubes. We take a pair for each just in case one of them dies, we have a backup. It is better if the pairs are ranged dps.
Cubes must be activated more or less at the same time on the moment that Maggy is casting blast nova.
Raid Leader, or an assistant, will warn you to get to your cube to get ready to click on it.
When cubes have to be clicked, again the RL or the RA will warn you. Is a channeling use so u just need to click once and wait.
The use of the cubes set 5 beams on Maggy that interrupts the nova. If cubes are not used at same time, or not all are activated, Maggy will use the nova doing massive aoe to all raid and for sure, wiping it. If its well done, Blast Nova will be interrupted.

The fight!
So fight begins pulling the adds. We kill them in the order as you see on the picture i show you before. Adds have to be killed ASAP because after 2 mins, Magtheridon will be free. That's why MT is first puller on adds, so he can be free to get Maggy as soon as he frees.
During this phase, infernals will spawn all around. Warlocks have to banish/enslave them ASAP (just like felhunters in Maulgar). Also some freezing traps from hunters are usefull.

When Maggy is free, MT takes him between cubes 2 and 3, the rest of the raid, finish killing the adds.

Adds dead and Maggy's position on fight:
Forum Image

Magtheridon has to be turned back to the raid looking at the wall all time.
Raid just dps Maggy, being carefull not to over aggro the MT.
When RL or RA warns, each player goes to its assigned cube (u decide wich one of the each pair goes to cube first, but make sure u know that cube is being controlled) and wait to warn to click. As soon as u get the warn, click and wait (do not move ofc). Warn if both players from pair are death so anyother raider can go and take that cube.
If everything is done ok, Maggy will yell "No, not again!" or something like that and became a bit shaded.
Then u can go back to DPS him.
From time to time, Maggy will use an skill that sets the floor with stones (like if there're worms under it). This effect just moves you back a few times, but dont hurt. Just get back to Maggy as soon as u are free.
Avoid fires on floor as well.

On phase 2 (dont remember at wich % was, think was at 30-50%) we'll have some stones falling from top. Just move away and continue with same tactic as phase 1.

Is an easy fight but can be a fast wipe if cubes are not controlled properly.
If cubes are done well, Maggy will be down much faster than the time it takes you to read this howto :P

Good luck!!
Tethane
Guild Mistress

I hate all that bloody clicking...... Thanks again for the nice tactics and the fantastic paint job :P Good luck tonight guys!

Niyä

Tethane wrote:
Thanks again for the nice tactics and the fantastic paint job

Next time i'll be using photoshop, with 3D images and animations to make it cooler :P (kidding ofc)
Tethane
Guild Mistress

re: These are my instructions!

I have put my response in the gallery for everyones benefit!!! ENJOY RAWR RAWR :P

The is down to the fact I cant work out how to put it in the post though lol

Niyä

OMG!!!! U became new master of the paint!!! lolololol!
Tethane
Guild Mistress

All those attending Maggys tonight please read again!!!!!!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: