Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Private-Tormentor

re: Tormentor (Demonology lock) Raiding Application - ACCEPTED

Questions for all applicants:

1. What is your name, age and location?
My name is Aaron I am 17 and I come from Liverpool, United Kingdom.

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)
Tormentor, 85, Demonology Warlock,Alchemy and Tailoring (ilvl 357)
Alt: Désolé, 85, Restoration Shaman, Herbalism and Inscription (ilvl 366)

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?
I am applying to the guild because I believe it is a friendly guild and this is what I am hoping to find! A guild with a good environment, great players and a place where I can get back into raiding since I have recently, in the last month or so, started playing WoW again.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
I don't particularly know any current guild members but in BC for a brief time I was part of the guild and I think Tethane has been on my friends list since then actually. That's one of the reasons I thought to ask the guild because her name popped up as online one day.
5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.
I am a skilled WoW player with 6 and half years experience of the game! Though only max level experience in BC. (Shamefully that also means over 100 days /played time!)
I am a very busy person most of the time with a lot of commitments (but that isn't always a bad thing), I am studying 4 A-levels, have two jobs and I am a leader of an LGBT youth group and LGBT union officer at my college.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.
RAIIDDDDDDDDINNGGGG! *grunts*

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?
I am a very experience warlock and have played all specs at some point or another I am currently main spec destro but I am aware you are looking for a demo warlock and I am willing to learn to play the spec up to a high raiding standard.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?
Elitist Jerks forums, Wowhead/mmo- champ for class updates. Wowpopular for current popular spec builds and glyph choices.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?
Mostly I play what I feel comfortable playing regarding to specs but all specs are enjoyable. A lot of people pick specs for top dps but the top dps on elitist jerks is sometimes have such small differences and thats only at top ilvl gear anyway!

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.
I am in control of my own time, though other things may take priority such as work though they will not usually affect any raiding times as I either start work at midnight or its during the day.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?
I am available for your raiding days and times (Wednesday, Monday and Sunday)

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?
DBM, recount, I am not a big fan of UI modifications and I have made do with default ui since I ever started raiding, I also like to use

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?
Raiding experience in Cata, Al'akir realm first with Voodoo Moose, BWD 5/6, BoT 2/4. All these roles were completed as a healer! All prior raid experience as a warlock.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?
Well geared for 4.0 starter raids and just about geared for firelands.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?
I haven't ever completed many but I am willing to put in the time and effort.

We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable?
Yes.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?
I am thankful for the advise, I take it into consideration. I may or may not implement the changes but I will always be thankful, you never know it might change a lot!

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?
I understand this other player needs it more and/or deserves the item. I will look forward and hope I can obtain the item next time.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?
I make my concerns known to the raid leader, I listen to their response and of course accept their decision. I would be unhappy to be able to raid but the needs of the guild are a priority. I have previously been moved halfway through a raid before because certain classes were better for certain boss encounters in the raid and I was not very happy, as I had been saved for previous fights and basically my progression is mostly limited then by the loot of these bosses and I was unable to obtain tier items.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?
Depending on my mood I probably won't react except in extreme circumstances. If the comment is harsh I would declare in chat that it was uncalled for and unless other raid members agree with the accuser then I would probably be disheartened. Constructive criticism is fine when it leads to bettering a player but if stated in the wrong way could lead to resentment for that player and effect play.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?
I am not bothered about the repair bill, I have previously dealt with this before in trying to get a realm first which meant we spent multiple days on the same boss. It can be repetitive but it isn't really an issue.

Thank you.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Sycamorechaz
Fallen

Hey Tormentor,

I remember your name from your somewhat brief stint back in Burning Crusade, but you have left a vital question unanswered.
Quote:
5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

Can you answer this question please.

Thanks

Sycamorechaz

Soul(Ture)

to be honest i find your application to a guild thats facing heroic tier content, while your have no practise at all at lvl85 , quite insulting.

I mean you have done 2 ZG,2 ZA,1 HC Tolvir and 1 HC stone core and the raid experince is 3 BH runs.

Your gear is still in the blues and alot could be changed if you put more effort to it, you havent even got your reputation beyond hated with therazane for your shoulder enchant.

I would say you'll need more experience and time to put more practise and gear on that char
Jarakuel / Chris
Wanderer

re: Application

Although he may not be geared for Firelands heroic, and not quite for firelands normal, he did put through a good application in my opinion, some good answers etc. I don't think it would go a miss for him to consider a social application and gear up in random heroics and some possible alt runs in Firelands 10man, or BoT / BWD / TotFW, as there's still alot of people that need achievements in those raids.

Again though, if you could go into some more depth about why you've chosen certain talents and glyphs, and your rotations, and also about your previous guilds, would still be helpful.

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Not everyone is able to raid the heroic content, so that has nothing to do with an app he can join the 10man group which has finally able to start up.

But he will know he wont be getting in the 25man squad as it is full and he does need to do normal raids first, you have been in the guild before as your nicks little bro so a yes from me but you need to know you wont get in the 25man raid group atm.

Private-Tormentor

Hey Tormentor,

I remember your name from your somewhat brief stint back in Burning Crusade, but you have left a vital question unanswered.

Can you answer this question please.

Thanks

Sycamorechaz
(All on Désolé) In cata I have only been a part of Voodoo Moose for raiding which was in January of this year, I left after I took a break from the game. The current guild I am in now is a social guild lead by a friend of mine. Thousand sunny was a guild which invited me the day I got back and I just accepted because I had no guild.

to be honest i find your application to a guild thats facing heroic tier content, while your have no practise at all at lvl85 , quite insulting.

I mean you have done 2 ZG,2 ZA,1 HC Tolvir and 1 HC stone core and the raid experince is 3 BH runs.

Your gear is still in the blues and alot could be changed if you put more effort to it, you havent even got your reputation beyond hated with therazane for your shoulder enchant.

I would say you'll need more experience and time to put more practise and gear on that char
This is not my main character, I am applying on this character because A demo lock is needed for the guild. Pre cata I had all my raiding experience on this warlock and I am quite experienced, even up to LK in WotLK.
Also I only have 2 blues on this character while the rest are epics...

Jarakuel / Chris
Wanderer

Although you do have only 2 blues on that character, you do also have 4 ilvl 353 epics and a Alchemist stone as one of your 359 epic trinket, this is not ideal as you can get better in beginning cata raiding. I think if you replace all of these items in question with 359 ilvl items with beneficial stats, then you may stand more of a chance of a raiding spot, and even then you would probably have to prove yourself in a fun run / achieve run or something like that. Some of our members are hitting in excess of 25-30k + single target when in a raid.

Private-Tormentor

Although you do have only 2 blues on that character, you do also have 4 ilvl 353 epics and a Alchemist stone as one of your 359 epic trinket, this is not ideal as you can get better in beginning cata raiding. I think if you replace all of these items in question with 359 ilvl items with beneficial stats, then you may stand more of a chance of a raiding spot, and even then you would probably have to prove yourself in a fun run / achieve run or something like that. Some of our members are hitting in excess of 25-30k + single target when in a raid.
Recently replaced a few items on my character and I am now in the process of getting the Therazane rep (On revered at the moment)
I won't be able to improve my character any more till I know the outcome of the application as I don't know if I will be returning to WoW unless I am accepted into a guild beforehand. Just playing the game without a good community and with good community is boring.

Private-Tormentor

Without a good community and without a good guild**

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Well can come in as social and maybe get a raiding spot in 10mans when you improve any gear which actually needs improving?

Not sure about 25man but as raggy is on farm kinda people do get bored and sign less so you never know.

Private-Tormentor

Well can come in as social and maybe get a raiding spot in 10mans when you improve any gear which actually needs improving?

Not sure about 25man but as raggy is on farm kinda people do get bored and sign less so you never know.

Thats fine! My gear on my alt is probably better but just being in the guild will provide me with the opportunity to improve my gear!

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Accepted as social for the moment with possibilty to move onto raiding, poke me or an Officer for an invite x

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum