Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
conchubhar

re: Conchubhar - Affliction Warlock - ACCEPTED

Questions for all applicants:

1. What is your name, age and location?

Conchubhar McHugh, 30, Northern Ireland

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)

Conchubhar - level 85, Warlock, Affliction, Mining & Engineering
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Conchubhar/simple
Sliverbullet (ALT) - level 21, Hunter, Survival, Herb and Alchemy
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Sliverbullet/simple

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?

I am looking for a social, casual raiding guild. I have been playing WoW from its release and wish to see as much of the end game content as possible. I have restrictions on my time and can only devote 1 night to raiding (Wednesday Nights).

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?

Template - Scott Atkins. I heard about the guild from him

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

I was in The Firm (Horde guild) on Emerald Dream. Left as most of my friend left guild and I was unable to devote enough time to raiding as they wanted and was feeling left out.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.

A dark Humour and always up for some fun. Also a willingness to help lower level members and new comers to the guild.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

Both but more on the social side as my raiding time will be limited.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

I have been out of raiding for some time so open to advise on this

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?

MMO Champion, and talk to Scoot Atkins (Template) who is an active raider and can give me sound advice.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?

I have been out of raiding for some time so open to advise on this

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.

I will only sign up if I can attend

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?

Wednesday 7pm onwards. Other days may be aviabale but without regulatory

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?

Omen and Deadly Boss Mod

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?

Some Burning Crusade Raiding - DPS

What raids do you believe you are geared for?

None need to work on gear

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?

I have been out of raiding for some time but I would like to try them

We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable?

Given time and family constraints Yes.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?

Happy, I am always looking to improve my play and any advice is welcomed.

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

A little bummed but respect the decision of the loot council and the other player was more in need/deserving of the loot then me.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far too many signs the raid leader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?

Wait my turn. As long as I get at least 1 chance to see the end game content I am happy

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?

It would all depend on the nature of the comment. If positive, great. If negative judge comment on its merits, if it was totally on warranted or nasty report member to officers and let guild decided if issue should be carried further, If not forget about it and move on.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?

Challenged the is the ebb and flow of raiding and is something that has to be lived with.
Necrall
Enlightened

Confirming that yes, I know this guy. Yes that is his actual name. Yes, most of us just call him 'Cthulu'

Because it's going to get mentioned anyway I'll just say it.

With family commitments and only one raid night a week free, the chances of you being added to the raid team are about 0%.

Next patch does add the raid finder for random time raids (Which I know you know about, as it's one of things that got you going 'Oooo maybe I'll play again' XD)

My personal website, where I post game reviews, talk about the games I've designed and made and other amusing game related links.
conchubhar

Was talking to scoot please take the app as a Social application
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Hey Conchubhar, I remember you from my time in the Firm on my alt, nice guy, shame you can't raid as another full time lock would have been nice! Social app is great though and never say never if your situation changes Happy Yes from me........... anyone else?

Sherawr
Guardian

Well couple of positive responses here, and with 4.3 Raid finder will allow you to gear pretty quickly if you should change ur mind, that and the 2 lockouts a week in FL which will no doubt happen, so yes from me too Happy

Vogelsang (Blackat)

<- Vogelsang (kind of)

Just wanted to say hi. As Necc said with only 1 night free it's pretty complicated to get in any raid team, think it's time to accept the fact we're getting old and life's mking us grind more than WoW.

Anyway, I see the LFRAid option as a good thing, I always considered that everybody should experience the nice stories and decorum of raid instances. The revamped Azeroth is pretty cool and you can run around completing new quests for days (1k+ only in Kalimdor and around 70% of them new. So have fun, hope we'll get to talk in game some time :3
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Vogelsang wrote:
<- Vogelsang (kind of)

Just wanted to say hi. As Necc said with only 1 night free it's pretty complicated to get in any raid team, think it's time to accept the fact we're getting old and life's mking us grind more than WoW.

Anyway, I see the LFRAid option as a good thing, I always considered that everybody should experience the nice stories and decorum of raid instances. The revamped Azeroth is pretty cool and you can run around completing new quests for days (1k+ only in Kalimdor and around 70% of them new. So have fun, hope we'll get to talk in game some time :3

Vogel you havent activated your forum account :P Code is in the Guild info part of the guild tab bit in game.

conchubhar

Thanks for the positive replies
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Sorry me dear, I swear I accepted you! Poke me for an invite!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum