Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caleliá

re: Caleliá, Feral Druid (DPS) - ACCEPTED

General!

1. What is your name, age and location?

My name is Björn Jay de Lange / Rose, I'm 19 years old and currently a Captain in the army, living in the Netherlands but was born in the UK.

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alts. (Please provide us with a link to your armoury.)

Name: Caleliá
Level: 85
Class: Druid
Talent Tree: Feral
Proffesions: Herbalism & Alchemy
Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Caleli%C3%A1/simple

Name: Starbux
Level: 85
Class: Paladin
Talent Tree: Protection
Proffesions: Engineering & Enchanting
Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Starbux/simple

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?

My reason for applying is that I'm currently off duty most of the time and I'm starting to become dedicated at raiding again. I have been on a break for some while and want to clear the new content! I might not be the best applicant since of my gear and my time of WoW. But you'll never get a yes if you won't try of course. And my expectations from this guild are that they are a serious/dedicated guild who are wanting to get the best out of this game, but fun at times when they can.

4. Do you know any current guild member and how did you hear about us?

I do not know any guild member of yours I'm afraid. And I heard about the guild through the trade channel where you have been applying for a Feral Kitty Happy!

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

Only one I can think of that got into raiding was Ascendancy, guild that consisted out of friend, proper players. Sadly we had to disband due to the pugs we had to take as there where only 6 of us. I do not have any current applications running at other guilds. Oh and of course.. I've been into Loyalty as well. Didn't last long as suddenly the army needed me in Afghanistan for a few weeks.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment?

Beside me being epic fun, well.. That is what most people tell me! I'm also a very dedicated player. For my gear (I think) I'm doing some great damage, that's also something I've been told by a lot of people. Though I might lack gear in some people their eyes, which is what makes them underestimate me. Besides, I'm a very friendly person and will also do a lot to help the guild/guild members improve.

Raiders Section!

1. What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

My raiding talent is Feral (DPS) and my secondary talent is Feral PvP at the moment. It used to be Restoration, but I don't feel like healing on a druid anymore. So I guess it's obvious Feral is my favorite! Why? Well, I've always been into melee classes.. And after having a lot of them in 80/85 I figured a Feral Kitty was the best suited one for me. I like the way they work with the bleeds and mobility of the class or for once have a quick CC that might save someone for example. You can do a lot with this class and pretty much whatever you wanna do the deeper you get into it. Can't deny it, dancing Bear Forms are a plus!

2. How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?

Beside the usual changes on the WoW EU forums I also visit MMO-Champions once in a while. Other then that, as soon as changes go live and they seem critical for my current talents. I tempt to spend hundreds, sometimes thousands of gold on glyphs, respecs and reforging to see what works best at that certain time.

3. Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?

I always find this a hard question to answer, cause to me my current talents seem quite the obvious ones that work the best for me and probably any druid, maybe some minor changes that some other druids have in their builds for example Survival Instincts for survive-ability making it a bit easier for the healers at times. I find this unnecessary as if you know what your doing, you should be able to avoid the damage that's avoidable as in walking in fire. My glyphs therefor, I don't think I have much to say about them, as those are just obvious to me. And they seem to work for me as well.

4. Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.

Signing up for a raid is pretty much as a promise, and since guilds work with a solid community to achieve their goals. I will always be there when promised.

5. When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?

Your raiding days fit into my schedule just some minor things once in a while cause of my girlfriend, since I can only see her in the weekends. Some people understand this and others don't.

6. What add-ons do you like to use for raids?

I like to keep it really simple.. Deadly Boss Mods, Recount and Atlasloot (which is not actually for raiding, now I get to think of it). Never found an addon that made things easier for me or got me more aware of situations or doing any more damage.

7. What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?

I'll be honest, on this character, barely any. To be honest, this whole expansion not a lot beside the 12/12. But nevertheless I always did a great job! This has been done as a DPS.

8. What raids do you believe you are geared for?

Personally I like to think I'm geared for Firelands, and a good friend of mine Sarosha from Renaissance thinks my skill overcomes the need of the gear I'm currently in. And he got me quite convinced in trying to apply too a proper guild!

9. Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?

I never tried or completed any hard modes this expansion. Just did not have a lot of time due to the army asking a lot of me in Afghanistan etc. I would love to do them though, that's for sure. I like a challenge!

10. We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable?

Well, maybe a minor thing cause of my girlfriend which would make it impossible for not coming once, but that's all I can think of so far. This made me doubt to apply though, but for my trial, I'll be as active as I can to show you my positiveness!

11. Some difficult scenarios:

11a. An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?

I would not feel attacked or anything in that direction, but I would investigate it a bit more, in other words. I'll get to the bottom to see if the change is right, and if it is I'll gladly thank him for the advice!

11b. An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

And upgrade is an upgrade for the team. I would feel slightly offended if I won the item, but at the other hand. If it's a minor upgrade for me and a major for the other player. So be it! Happy

11c. In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?

It's not my call, though I would mention it if it occurs too much for my thoughts. Then again, I'm just a recruit and have to do whatever people tell me Happy.

11d. After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?

If that player was right, so be it. If my performance is bad and people mention it to me. I don't mind being criticized, it's good at times, helps me improve my play style or stay focused next time!

11e. We are wiping.. All night.. Getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?

I have too much gold, so covering the repair bill is just fine! That's just part of the game, besides.. Progression is progression, my mood would change a bit if I keep on wiping on the same counter over and over again for a whole night. But at the end, it's practice.

Thank you for reading! Jay.
Zuruthan
Enlightened

Looks really decent to me, no comment on talents nor glyphs.
Also a very nice application, made me think u are a guy who loves his class, knows his class, AND a guy who loves to play wow and thinks about the guild and all of it's members.
If i may comment on 1 thing, add something 'bout your rotation mate.
For the rest, i say nicely done Happy.

Caleliá

re: Rotation

Thanks for feedback! Happy

Well yeah, I definitely love druids. And I do care for my guildies. Though I'll give you some information about my rotation, guess I missed that part haha!

I start of with a Fairy Fire, Feral Charge after that a Ravage, Rake, Mangle, Shred, by this time I usually have 5 combo points so that will make me use Rip.

Then I keep shredding until I have 5 combo points to use Savage Roar, after this I pop my Tiger's Fury and Berserk and usually get enough points to use 2 Ferocious Bites. Other then that, I usually keep up my Rake/Rip/Savage Roar and Tiger's Fury when off cooldown and use my Ferocious Bite for all the Combo Points that are left. Of course I only use abilities at 5 Combo Points.

Cheers, Jay!
Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

No active ms kitty Druid raiding at the moment, and this chap has put a nice app.

You are in army, I suppose you could be sent anywhere at anytime, but have you an indication of how long you will be stationed where you are now? If it's like 3-6 weeks or something then maybe a social app is better for you.

Caleliá

re: Army Related

Thank you mate, for the feedback.

Currently I'm applying to a guild since I'm totally off Duty, I cannot be send away anymore for the next 1 1/2 years due to my contract. I'm stationed at home pretty much as I recently came back from Afghanistan.

I probably will be off work till January or March but even when working I should have enough time for raiding nonetheless.

Of course I thought over this when trying too apply.

Cheers, Jay.
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Like this app, no raiding kittens either so you have a pretty good chance of a spot, do yoou have an geared OS by any chance?

Caleliá

re: Offspec gear

Thank you for your feedback Happy.

I do have some Restoration gear, but I don't dare to say geared since it was just to try restoration. Though, It's about 353 Item Level, where as my skill in Restoration isn't that great either, so it would need upgrading and a bit more focus towards it.

But I wouldn't mind putting focus towards Restoration and actually gearing it up for the guild if it's gonna be a helpful thing.

Cheers, Jay.
Zuruthan
Enlightened

In my eyes a decent Offspec is never a harm to yourself and towards the guild.
We currently have some people who are halfway or fully firelands geared in their offspec Happy.

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Thank you for your replies, a knowledge of a resto spec will be very useful for the raid team as often we will fine tune fights as we are raiding, those with geared MS/OS are very useful for flexibilty!

Im happy with everything here and would like to offer you a trial raiding spot. Please poke an Officer in game for an invite and read the last part of this page and what to do next http://forsakenenlightenment.guildlaunch.com/custom.php?page_id=77350&gid=45872&f=868814

Welcome!

Caleliá

re: Accepted

Thank you for the offer! :D

I will poke you or one of the officers by Monday since I wouldn't know if I was going to be accepted or not I planned things for Sunday!

I'm looking forward to join the guild and I hope you guys will be as happy with me in the guild as you are with me as an applicant. And I will do a lot from my side to make this happen as well.

Cheers, Jay!
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Well we may have a raid spot open for you Monday so perhaps ccome in asap so I can pop invites over to you Happy

Caleliá

re: Invite

Awesome! Happy

Yeah I hope to find some place and time to log in and accept the invite! I'm excited to raid with you guys and hope too start as soon as possible!

Anyways, you can count me in for Monday for sure! ^.^
Since I'll be home on Monday morning again.

Cheers, Jay!
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Ok we will most definatly need you for Monday evening, can you /w me as soon as you see me log in. Also I advise having a read up on majordomo + heroic domo and Raggy as we shall be doing both of those and throwing you in the deep end!

Caleliá

re: Tactics

I'll make sure I'm up too date on both Happy I know the basics but haven't looked deep into the fight yet.

But I'll get them in my head!

Cheers, Jay!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum