Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aselieos

re: Aselieos - Ele/Resto Shaman/ MM Hunter - ACCEPTED

1. What is your name, age and location?

Greetings people, Im Rob aged 28 from London. Im an IT consultant who works on multiple projects across the UK and am an avid football fan :-)
2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)
In game, most people refer to me as Ase, as you will see from my charater list below most of my chars revolve around this naming convention :-):

Shaman:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/auchindoun/Aselie%c3%b8s/simple

Hunter:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/guild/auchindoun/imba/?character=aselieos

Lock:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/auchindoun/Aselock/simple

Rogue:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/auchindoun/Bluesquare/simple

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?
Im applying to you guys firstly because im looking for a new home. I have been in my current guild "imba" since vanilla and since the core of the guild left at the end of WOTLK things havent been the same. Because of my love to the guild I have stuck it out and remained in the guild, however we only raid on a friday with alts of some of the core members that left. The guild is dead on any other night than a friday and im starting to get lonely

Secondly, you guys appear to have a more social aspect about you, suggesting you realise peoples 'real life' commitments. I am in a bit of an odd situation at the moment where work is hectic so I am never sure when im going to be home from work, which is a royal pain in the backside. Im mostly home before your raid times, but sometimes it can be a bit of a lottery. Also hopeing that you will fit my lust for 'alt runs' on weekends and if not, at least provide a healthy pool of players to do stuff with. I have one other tiny teenie constraint, I need to pick my g/f up from work at 20:30 server time, this usually only takes 15 mins but I do realise it is a bit of a ball ache (for both the raid and me!!)

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?

Unfortunately not (or not that i know of). I came across your recruitment thread on the ED forums.
5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?
Please read above, theres only one main guild ive been in since vanilla. I have cleared all content on normal and have a wealth of HC experience (cleared ulduar HC, ICC HC and have 1/7HC FL raiding 1 night a week :p (have attempted most of the other bosses to). I have no other pending applications.

On a side note, I also ran my own icc25 hc pug that cleared everything apart from LK on a weekly basis.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.
Dedication when i play, drive to suceed aswell as offering advice to players when needed.

7.Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.
That really is down to you guys and how you accept my situation :-)

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

On Shaman i have mainly been playing as elemental and am on the second part of the legendary quest chain. My OS is resto although I have absolutley no preference which spec i play in raids. Both specs are geared for current content.

My hunter is similarly geared as my shaman (a little lower ilvl) and is mainspec MM due to the fact its DPS output is superior to SV. SV is its OS and is usefull on some fights. Again, I have no preference which spec i play

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?

I regularly read around, and mostly keep updated on eliteist jerks.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.
Other than what i explained above, I may require 15-20 mins some weeknights to pick the other half up from work at around 21:30 server time.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?

As explained above, providing I can get out of work ontime your schedule fits me fine.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?

I swear by DBM for raiding. Other than this I only use grid :-)

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?

As explained above, have cleared all content to date (on at least normal)

What raids do you believe you are geared for?

Ready to jump into HC FL

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?

Providing that he wasnt talking absolute tosh I would be fine :-) I have no problems with ppl suggesting how I can improve - providing they know what they are talking about :-)

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

/careface, its a team effort and life is more important that some crappy purple pixels!

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?

Accept it and move on, min maxing is hardly an unusual concept in wow ;)

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?

Cant be bothered with too much drama, to be fair Id probably laugh to myself about the inapropriate comment and take note of the criticsm to try not do it again in future.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?
A little downhearted because I dont like losing, but also indifferent as i know wipeing happens. Believe me, the amount of time spent wipeing on LK HC aswell as numerous other encounters through the duration of wow has more than prepared me for this scenario :-)[color=red][/color]
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

I like it, the start got me a little introduction about what you do was nice! Think we only have one ele shaman that raids atm so thats a good thing aswell, also I want to do some 10mans, so would be cool if you dont get into that can hopefully sort a 10man group out sometimes, as I am getting bored with not raiding and having to listen to Jodie in the other room!.

So its a yes from me.

Baltaer
Alt

Very detailed application, you seem like a very nice and down to earth guy!!
yes from me ^^

Nice app
As a raider i would say no due to the inconsistent gametime, never know when your home and have to leave during raid for aprox 20 mins is hardly optimal.

As a social i would say welcome aboard m8

And should your work schedule change and you dident have to leave during raid, you should be able to advance to the raid team.
Sherawr
Guardian

Indeed very good app, and nice guy I believe joined us for our 10 man ICC drake achi last night, got on very well with all the guild. Yes from me Happy

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Ok I would like to offer you a trial, I think we need to play it by ear with the breaks during raids, if it becomes really disruptive we may have to readdress that but I have enjoyed our chats, poke an officer ingame for an invite and welcome to FE!

Please read the last part of this post on what to do next! http://forsakenenlightenment.guildlaunch.com/custom.php?page_id=77350&gid=45872&f=868814

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum