Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gologar

re: Gologar, MM Hunter, raider - ACCEPTED

1. What is your name, age and location? Dan, 41, Düsseldorf, Germany

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.) Gologar, level 85, MM Hunter, Enchanter 525, Engineer 525. Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Gologar/advanced
Alts: Healyg - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Healyg/advanced
Gordek - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Gordek/advanced
Wicky - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Wicky/advanced
Dagopal - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Dagopal/advanced

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild? I need action, raiding. The guild I am in now is dead: GM left game and no officer online for long.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us? Raided in a guild mix with Tethane and Clefthamer in WotLK a few times.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds? Batallion, Horde Knightmare, Red Lighting, atm The four of Elements. Needed more action at those times. No other application atm.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment. Knowledge 8read alot and see movies and guides), good DPS, seriosity and social behaviour.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section. Raiding

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why? Have only 2 Marksman specs, one for heavy AoE and the other one for some better DPS. Played SV a while, not my stile. Can try if needed.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this? Read guides, view movies, read papers. Internet is the main source: elitist jerk, tankspot, mmo-champion, wow-heroes, femaledwarf, crafterstome, wowgem and much more.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those? I have read alot about my class. Chosen recomanded talents and glyphs and respeced a few times. Compared talents and glyphs with those of known good players in known guilds.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time. Yes.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule? Any week day between 18:30-23:30 game time.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids? DBM, omen, recount (only for myself), JS Hunter Bar.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in? Done all vanila, BC and WotLK raids, Cataclysm 12/12 normal only, Firelands only Baleroc 10 normal. MM Hunter always.

What raids do you believe you are geared for? Firelands

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future? None of the Cataclysm raids, yes before this.

We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable? Yes

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel? Nobody is perfect. Will study the problems signaled and search for other opinions in Internet. Np, will change if right.

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react? Try to improve and participate to get it next time Happy.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do? Will study mine and his activity and gear/talents/glyphs, to understand what can I do to be taken next time. I think the RL had a good reason to do so.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react? I don't argue. Private chat will clear the mater and I will do my best to improve. As I said: nobody is perfect.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel? Wiping is part of learning. Np, I am not poor. To attune a good group takes some time... and wipes Happy.
Jarakuel / Chris
Wanderer

re: App

Good application, all questions answered, possibly a bit more on why you chose one talent point over another, or one glyph over another. Going on what the recommended talents or glyphs is fine as long as you know the reason why you chosen them, and know how to use them to full effect. Maybe expand a bit more on this. Good gear though, and good raiding ethics.

Gologar

re: talents and glyphs

Ty for your answer. I have seen on this occasion that on my Glyphs the Glyph of Explosive Shot, is wrong in place. Will replace ofc with the Glyph of Steady Shot.
The prime glyphs are chosen to maximize DPS, affecting strog shots as Kill Shot and arcane shot (when used to dump focus) ans Steady Shot as used alot to load focus.
The Major glyphs are oriented mainly to deal with adds. Traping is a powerfull tool to this goal. And in some situations misdirecting on own pet is very usefull (situational ofc). The minor glyphs are more or less usefull, the only real usefull is the Glyph of feign death. Reviving pet in heavy raid is seldom usefull.
Ofc I am open to any comments about all this.
The Primary talents are set to maximize AoE DPS, ofc not only this. Concusive Barage and Bombardement are usefull for efficient AoE. Some comment that Tha Trueshot Aura is not that usefull in a raid, as it can be overwriten by other buffs. The Secondary spec don't set this talent on. I found also Silencing Shot quite usefull in some situations (see the eyes by Cho'gall, and not only). I will ofc adjust the spec if needed for some raid runs. I have studied the influence of changing the talents on the site www.femaledwarf.com and tried to get the best configuration for maxing DPS, ofc looking to get some special effects as the said AoE setings and the Silencing Shot.
Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

some well geared alts for sure - The issue I think is that we have a a fair few hunters (more mages though...).

Experience is low in FL, and we are on Heroic bosses at the moment, and that means you are less likely to gat a space over guys who have done all of FL normal and started on the Heroic bosses.

Are you happy to be on standby for several of our raid nights?

jadenftw
Enlightened

as an fyi i know and have raided with golo and dont have any negative tghings to day about him
Gologar

re: Standing on standby

Now in a dead guild is as being guildless. It is ok to wait for a good ocasion. Perhaps you will be doing some raids other than with the main group. Have fought Shannox and Beth'tillac, so I know some fights from own doing.
To conclude: yes, would be on standby until my time comes:). And also can do meanwhile other raids you eventualy organize, not necessarily Firelands HC. I know from own experience that to get into the first team needs time. I have advanced in the guild I am now from trial to raider over some time. Nothing happens overnight.
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Sorry for the delayed response we would like to offer you a trial raider spot with FE, poke an officer ingame for an invite and welcome to the guild!

Please read the last section on this page for what to do next!

http://forsakenenlightenment.guildlaunch.com/custom.php?page_id=77350&gid=45872&f=868814

Tethane
Guild Mistress

P.S If you get in asap, I may have a raid spot for you tonight, some raiders are being a bit slcaky tonight!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum