Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beautii VII

re: Beautii, Restoration, Shaman, Raiding - DECLINED

1. What is your name, age and location?
William Brandt, 16, Sweden

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)
Main: Beautii, 85, Shaman, Restoration, Ench and Herb. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Beautii/simple
Alt: Fysarn, newly dinged 85, Warrior, Prot/Arms, Alch/Herb, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Fysarn/simple

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?
You seem like an great raiding guild, and I want to join one so my expactations is to raid with you and hope for defeat as many bosses as possible in several raids, especially FL.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
Yes, Potatismos (IRL friend). I saw you at wowprogress, but heard of ye before ingame

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?
I've been in Valour, VI and have played with Loyalty. I do not have any other applications pending.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.
I am a very nice and social person. Joking a lot, but still serious when it comes to in game activities and raids and such. I am looking forward to be raiding with you, so I will do my best.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.
I am interested in being a raiding member, but will ofcourse be social aswell.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?
I am restoration mainspecced, but I have Enhancement offspec, but not full gear. Perhaps around 360 ilvl in enhancement.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?
I read on Blizzard's homepage, at wowhead, forums and watch videos on youtube.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?
I was watching an tutorial on Resto Shamans how to spec and what glyphs to use. Then I compared it to other builds that I found on forums and wowhead to see how to spec in the best way possible.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.
Yes, I am able to end the raids I am signed up to and selected for.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?
I am able to raid all weekdays. But could happen that I go for parties or such at weekdays. Else I could skip such activities at some times to raid with the guild instead.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?
DBM ofc, then I use Healbot, Mika Scrolling BattleText and Recount mainly.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?
I have experience on full BWD, BoT, ToT4W, BH. Have done 1/7 in FL on this character, but done 7/7 on friend's character.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?
All raids. My ilvl is 364 so I think I am geared for all raids. But it's skills that matters, not ilvl.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?
Not in Cataclysm, but I've got a few from ICC on my alt (that was my main in WotLK). I look forward to doing more, as it's an challenge and I like challenges. They are fun .-.

We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable?
Yes absolutely!

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Thank you for your application, I'm a little concerned with your lack of experince in Firelands with it showing 1/7 in normal mode and with us progressing into heroics I just don't think your going to be able to catch up gear wise.

Your spec seems a little funny to me to, missing spirit link totem which if you had raided FL you would realise that a huge amount of fights require group aoe (Beth, Rhyloith, Aly, Domo, Raggy) so is pretty essential. Although Im not a Shammy so one of the others will probably correct me on that!

Also most of your enchants are missing head, back, weapon, gloves, buckle on belt, feet.

None of your proffesions are maxed.

The app in itself is fine, but you should have ensured your character was the best it could be before applying.

Thoughts from others?

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Why refuse people who don't have achievements for firelands on there alts, when you and your guildies who you where with only have shannox down? And Haven't even done BoT/BWD or TotFW?....

Good luck with your app. But its a no from me after the convo earlier and the fact you have done nothing in firelands applying to a guild who have now killed rag.

Beautii VII

Hey!
For the FL experience thing, I have done 7/7 in FL on another character (Duxxie, Resto Druid). So I know healing tacs and I do have experience.

And the enchanting thing, I am getting new VP gear in a day or two, so I don't want to buy enchants for hundreds of gold when I am getting new gear in a day. So I am buying enchants aswell as soon as I am starting to raid.

Professions, I haven't needed any of it so long as I've been playing WoW. Neither have my mates, and they have done 7/7 FL with around 100 in prof skill. But i you need me to get professions, I believe I could skill them up for ya.

That's pretty much I have to say. Thank you!
Regards
Beautii, aka. William

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Im afraid we don't accept alts into the Guild without mains.

Also raiding profesions give you an edge, I dont know why you dont seem to have any it just make sense that if you can improve your character through professions you just do it.

Beautii VII

Well, this is my main. It was my mate's character that I played FL once with his guild because he weren't able to play that night, so I took his "shift".

Regards

jadenftw
Enlightened

Valor and VII are ok guilds that are pressing through content nicely, why did you leave them?
Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

gear and experience are things that can be gained easy enough, but tbh the statement about professions is a bit worrying - yes they are a grind (nothing like they were in the past mind you).
Missing the ring enchants and the hast boost from Herb are straight up improvements.

Missing 7 (technically 9 in max enchant) enchantments is poor show - especially if you max enchanting you can do them for "free" - shows a lack of commitment to the character.

Another nots is the characters are in different guilds - any reasoning behind that.

Also why did you leave Valour and VI - both are progressing guilds?

Soul(Ture)

hmm to clarify or check if i misunderstand

Your experience in FL consists of 1 run on a char that isent yours and isent the same class of your own main ??
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Valour has died tbh, used to be a progression guild but now most moved to AoA, which was a shame cos I liked Valour and doing random late night raids with them .

Beautii VII

@ Gala: I left VI because it was when I didn't have good gear enough to be in their raiding team (was a while ago), so I found it boring being in the guild.
And Valour I left because they were getting worse, and made no progress in their raids.

@ Soul: Yes, but you know, the tactics are still the same even what class I play. And I have done several raids a few times, so I know how to play my class aswell.

Regards

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Well, not really tactics are totally different if you are tanking compared to a range dps, or healer and melee dps so that doesn't work, I like how you are taking the time to answer though.

Jarakuel / Chris
Wanderer

re: App

I agree with peter, tactics are different when you're melee compared to being a healer or a tank etc. One thing i'm also a bit concerned about, is the comment about using your friends account, do you share accounts at all? If so, how do we know we could trust you in guild if your friend is accessing your account.

Beautii VII

Well, as I am healer, and I was healing on his character, the tacs is the same. And I looked them up on YouTube before the raid, so I do know the tactics.

No, I was just allowed to heal on his character once. But no one got access to my account, not even my friend.

Regards

Tethane
Guild Mistress

I appreciate your honesty but I don't feel we have space in our raid team for you at the moment, Im sorry for taking so long to decide real life has been a bit hectic over the past few days. Perhaps clear FL with a couple of pugs and reapply but if not I wish you the best of luck finding a suitable guild.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum