Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lycantis

re: Lycantis, Feral Tank, Raider - DECLINED

1. What is your name, age and location?
Kristian.
Northampton. (UK)

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)
Lycantis.
Feral tank.
Blacksmithing/Mining (525).

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?
Generally looking for a PvE Progression guild; getting sick of never raiding, would like to meet new people, enjoy the game the way it's meant to be played.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
I do not & I heard about you from a friend who is also applying. Happy

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?
VI - Casual raiding, didn't like it. Generally terrible raid team.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.
A heightened sense of tanking/DPS. I know my class proficiently and won't hesitate to improve where possible. (I can respec/regem if the Guild needs me to, but only once, as the cost is... Harsh).

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.
Raider. Happy

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?
Raiding spec, feral tank. Offspec restoration.
I like playing feral tank as it's simple for myself, I keybind everything I need to few buttons, I know when to pop my cooldowns & keep myself alive. Happy

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?
http://www.mmo-champion.com Happy

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?
What I have is BiS, it's perfect for druid tanking. Nuff said.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.
I do indeed. Unless something harshly vital to my IRL comes up, I'm always free.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?
Every day. Happy

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?
LUI / DBM / VuhDo (Raid frames) / Shadowframes.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?
Tank:
Black Temple / Sunwell Plateau.
Trial of the Grand Champion / Naxx10 / ICC
BoT / BwD / ToT4W
All cleared as a tank
2/7 Firelands (Rhyolith & Shannox)

What raids do you believe you are geared for?
Firelands.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?
ICC (Glory of the Ice Crown Raider)
Loved it, hardmodes were hard back in WoTLK (Look at Ulduar? Damn!) - Really enjoyed it, would like to go for the Cataclysm ones.

We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable?
I certainly hope so. Happy

If I've missed anything, please, let me know.
Necrall
Enlightened

Quote:
If I've missed anything, please, let me know.

Yes, you missed half the application.

My personal website, where I post game reviews, talk about the games I've designed and made and other amusing game related links.
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Seem a bit elitist tbh from having read over the app, "What I have is BiS, it's perfect for druid tanking. Nuff said", "VI - Casual raiding, didn't like it. Generally terrible raid team.", You just come across as a bit of a c**k to put it bluntly.

Hopefully its just because you where trying a little hard on the app to make yourself look good and it came across wrong and really your a nice decent person, but as I said just looks like that.

As Necrall said you have missed a fair bit of the application too, quite important parts to get a character profile of yourself :p (Not your armory link btw)

Sycamorechaz
Fallen

Hey Kristian,

Thanks for applying to FE, there are a couple of thing to talk about in your application.

Firstly no link to your character's armory, although it isn't a huge flaw it does save us a lot of time in looking at your characters gear and glyphs.

Secondly you're not very experienced in the firelands in terms of bosses killed, although you have stated you have killed shannox and ryolith, you have only killed both bosses once and we need players to be a bit more experienced if they are going into heroic progression. Also we already have 2 full time raiding tanks so getting you a spot in our raiding team will be very difficult and you may be put on standby a lot.

Thirdly
Quote:
What I have is BiS, it's perfect for druid tanking. Nuff said.

That is just an awful answer....... NEVER say "nuff said" in an application, please comment in more details about your specs/glyphs and maybe talk about your resto offspec.
Quote:
(I can respec/regem if the Guild needs me to, but only once, as the cost is... Harsh)

Again...this just tells me that you haven't got a lot of gold spare to make any necessary changes that can benefit a raid group.

As Tuishao stated you have come across as a bit elitist and we hope you make amendments to the app so we can get a better picture of you.

Zuruthan
Enlightened

Don't like this attitude.
Altho, my attitude was the same after i came from Asylum, so it might be due to his guild.
1. Nuff said? U didn't even answer the question properly.
2. Gem/Talent cost is too high? If u do your dailies the cost should be relativly low.
3. We have most of the normals on "farm" and we are progressing towards the heroic content, you will need to be sure of yourself that u can handle somethings blindly if u encounter it the first time, especially as a tank.

For the positive, gear looks ok, doubt it's BiS as stated before now these days, but should be doable for raiding in FL normals. I don't know much about druids myself, but that's not for me Happy

Sherawr
Guardian

Hi Kristian,

As my collegues have covered most bases before me I would suggest you take thier comments on board and ammend your application if you are serious about joining FE. I went and took a look at your armory profile and well....your glyphs arent all the BiS you make them out to be.
You have 2 minor slots missing completey and the one that is reccomended, Glyph of challenging roar has been omitted. A 30 reduction on an AOE taunt CD is pretty essential for a bear.

also I noticed that you have http://www.wowhead.com/item=45623. My only question here is why? Since the introduction of Cata all tanks have become completley crit immune through talents, yours is through http://www.wowhead.com/spell=16931 rendering this glyph completely useless.
A better choice here would be http://www.wowhead.com/item=40896 or http://www.wowhead.com/item=40909, rezzing a player with a full hp bar can be the difference between them living, or losing another rez which as you know now are limited.

Take on board the comments, try again m8 and we will take a look

Tethane
Guild Mistress

I think everything has been covered. Regardless of altering your application we are currently not looking for a new tank, perhaps decide on this basis if you would like to continue with your application.

Many thanks.

Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

I don't know much about slow ward really - but I know a lot of VI - and I have done plenty of stuff with them in both PVE and PVP and found them good players and quite pleasant, so not sure about the terrible raiding comment you said in your ap.

I think you also need to realise we are not a hard-core 5 day a week raid guild. We are also "casual/social" though the raid time we have together is used efficiently - we do not stand for dossing about and slacking in raids.

Couple of other points, MMO Champ is an ok resource, but there are others that are better expecially for class builds, EJ for one (lol this site is pretty elitist so you my like it).
Noxic is useful for spec, glyph, gear and reforging.

Of course if you are serious as a tank - Tankspot should 100% be on your list and it's not.

Also 100% attendance as trial is essential and you only hope to be able to commit to that.

I think it's best if you just start again - bearing in mind that we are not actively looking for a tank - and if you were selected it would have to be an exceptional ap - or you have a very good offspec.

Soul(Ture)

re: erh

I found this on the emerald dream forums : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2722996905

Slow> (2/7 Normal) have been taken over (New management) and are now recruiting for our 10man progressive raid team!

Currently recruiting:

Tanks:

Protection Warrior

Healers:

Restoration Shaman
Holy Priest
Discipline Priest

DPS:

Arcane Mage
Elemental Shaman
Shadow Priest
Balance Druid

Applicants for tanking: Minimum iLevel (365 Equipped)
Applicants for healing: Minimum iLevel (363 Equipped)
Applicants for DPS: Minimum iLevel (360 Equipped)

Must be experienced and profficient in your class.

DPS Spec's must be able to maintain 20k+ DPS, this will be tested during a Zandalari run.
(The high health allow for max DPS output).

Raid times are:

Tuesday
Thursday
Saturday
21:00 - 23:00. (Server time).

If you're interested, please whisper:

Lycantis
or
Sargera

For information/invites.

Thanks!

If you have any questions, please, direct them here, I'll do my utmost to reply as soon as possible. Happy

Unless you're posting constructive criticism and/or applying. You're not welcome here.
[Yes you, trolls].
[Casual members also welcome.] :

This and your attitude puts some very big flashing warning signs in my head !
Quote:
Quote:
Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

Hmm, that's the 2 applicants.

I can understand if they have tried to sort things and it not worked, though it really should have been mentioned in the app

Hievna
Enlightened

If you check the time of these application and the time that forum post was last edited, you'll notice that these application came three hours after the post. What happened in those three hours?

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Yup I find this all very odd, I'm going to have to decline both your applications based on the fact you have taken over management of another Guild so therefore cannot commit fully to FE. Good luck with your endevours!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum