Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian Bradbury

re: Jacknife, Arcane, Mage, Raiding - ACCEPTED (social)

Questions for all applicants:

1. What is your name, age and location?

Ian Bradbury, 29, Stoke on Trent UK

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)

Jacknife lvl 85 arcane mage tailoring 525 enchanting 525
Ripshore lvl 85 fury/prot warrior Mining 525 Blacksmith 350
Wargun lvl 60 survival hunter

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Jacknife/simple
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Ripshore/simple

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?

I want to be part of a good progressing and social raid team and gain further skills and hopefully share my skills with others in the guild.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?

Yes, i know faousty very well and phenoma. I heard about you through them.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

Horde Knightmare - Great set of people in the guild and not bad at raids, I left though because their raid times and days weren't consistent enough for me.

Asylum - Way to hardcore for my liking

Bad Omen - I am currently in Bad Omen but now they have gone from 25 man raid teams to two 10 man teams and the days I can raid on they have their "main" guild mage so I', surplus to requirements now, Shame really, enjoyed raiding with them.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.

I'm a mage....don't get much more special than that lol just kidding. I have a good sense of humour and I'm always up for helping people out. I'm a very quick learner of the mechanics of a fight and don't run away at the first sight of dangers. I'm a team player so the saying goes.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

Raiding

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

Arcane is my main spec. I have got fire off spec but have never really used it. I use arcane purely for the fact that the dps rate is higher. For me anyway.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?

I check out the wowhead forums.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?

With a mage its about 1 thing and 1 thing only, dps. I chose my build to get the best dps i can. Obviously if things change then a respec wont go amiss.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.

It is 1 of my pet hates about this game. People signing and not turning up for no good reason so you can rest assured that if i sign, I will be there.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?

Im available Monday, Wednesday and Sunday. These nights are pretty much set in stone as I have other commitments.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?

DBM, Omen, recount

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?

between jacknife and ripshore I've done 13/13 and 3/7 fl. Have had exp on baleroc and know the fight. Both characters have been dps

What raids do you believe you are geared for?

Apart from Jacks headpiece which i know needs changing badly I think i could go all the way in FL

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?

Yes I've done quite a few WotLK achievments and hard modes. think I'm 10/12 hc 25 man on icc. I know that mean nothing now but i would love to try Firelands HC's when I'm gear ready.

We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable?

Of Course.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?

I'm always up for some advice even if it comes in the form of constructive criticism.

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

Think about "upping" my attendance so hopefully next time it drops the precious will be mine

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?

If that person was a regular raider then i wouldn't expect them to drop out to make way for me but also in the other hand i would speak to the raid leader to see how this could be solved.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?

I would have thought I would not need to say anything as hopefully the raid leader would pick up on this and have a word with the individual. If it was my bad though, then i would take it on the chin.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?

If the raid and the tactics were right then we wouldn't be wiping would we? But if that was the case I'd maybe suggest we try alternate tactics because that 1 obviously isn't working and keep trying.

Thanks,

Ian
Hievna
Enlightened

Your talents seems a bit off, for someone who wants to raid. Tell me what it is that catched my eyes and why have you chosen them over other talents ? Also your reforging seems peculiar. You should also check your gem if there is something that can be changed to better. Why have you left one of your major glyph slot empty? Make sure you have everything enchanted.

Quote:
With a mage its about 1 thing and 1 thing only, dps.

I can't say that i agree with this, but it doesn't matter.

At the moment we have 4 active raiding mages, so i don't know how much you will be seeing inside the raids.

Its getting quite late here, so im going to bed. Good luck with your application.

Ian Bradbury

Yeah bit nieve of me with the dps quote. I know there's much more to it. Crowd controll etc. I'll look in to the gemming/reforging and talent issue. It's been a while since had a good overhaul. As far as already having 4 active mages it does concern me a touch but i suppose i need to work my way up first and i do also have my fury warrior who is FL ready.

Thanks for the reply
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Firstly I don't believe we will have room for you in our raid squad, we currently have 4 very geared/skilled and active mages. Regardless of that we would accept you as social as you know Luke and Jaden.

If this isn't of interest to you we may be able to help you increase your chances of getting accepted in a raiding Guild elsewhere, I don't want to be mean but having a character totally up to spec (regardless of blues or itemlvl or any of that rubbish) is soooo important as there is always competition for a decent raid spot (especially as a mage.) And any fault will be picked over on your application and could ultimately lead to a non acceptance even if they are looking for your class. The key here is get your character prepared for a raiding application!

Questions I would ask if looking for a raiding mage

Why are you reforging crit > hit when you are still gemming intel/hit instead of pure intel in a red socket. I also thought that regardless of the gem bonuses for mages if you can get hitcap from reforging EVERY gem should be +40 intel.

You also seem to be reforging mastery > hit on an item where you could have reforged haste > hit correct me if I'm wrong (and I have been known to be!) But isn't mastery a stronger stat for Arcane than haste?

You have also got some second rate enchants on your gear no power torrent or peerless stats.

Your Glyphs need a bit of work, your prime ones seem fine but here are suggestions for the others:

Major
Glyph of Slow
Glyph of Evocation
Glyph of Arcane Power

Minor
Glyph of Slow Fall
Glyph of Conjuring
Glyph of Mirror Image

You seem to be missing some mandatory talents for arcane I believe these are the recommended http://www.wowhead.com/talent#ohIMrRhRMRRofZc:Vs0 but I suggest you have a read through the below thread which gives you fuller info about the talent choices you should make.

http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t118084-cataclysm_arcane_mage_compendium/

I hope that you don't think me presumptuous for writing all that! If you decide not to take the social spot then I wish you the best of luck finding a suitable Guild on ED!

Hievna
Enlightened

Aww you gave him the answers to my questions =(, but then again if he isn't going to raid, then it doesn't matter.

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Hievna wrote:
Aww you gave him the answers to my questions =(, but then again if he isn't going to raid, then it doesn't matter.

Did I get it right?

Ian Bradbury

Thanks for the reply and the social offer. As i said in my application I'm always open for advice to greater my skills. i noticed the hitcap issue. I have stump of time i equip to bump my hit up when I raid. I use theralions mirror for doing heroic dungeons as you don't need the hit. When I get chance this evening i will be overhauling my talents/gems/enchants/redorging and glyphs. I just need to sort a few things out with bad omen and i will contact you because I would like the opportunity to prove myself and work my way up.

Thanks
Ian
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Ian Bradbury wrote:
Thanks for the reply and the social offer. As i said in my application I'm always open for advice to greater my skills. i noticed the hitcap issue. I have stump of time i equip to bump my hit up when I raid. I use theralions mirror for doing heroic dungeons as you don't need the hit. When I get chance this evening i will be overhauling my talents/gems/enchants/redorging and glyphs. I just need to sort a few things out with bad omen and i will contact you because I would like the opportunity to prove myself and work my way up.

Thanks
Ian

I take it that's a yes to the social spot then Happy I'm sure any of our raiding mages would me happy to give you a spot of help when you join, they are:

Hievna
Template
Sorien
Hellmar

Please read the section at the bottom of this page about what to do once accepted http://forsakenenlightenment.guildlaunch.com/custom.php?page_id=77350&gid=45872&f=868814

Welcome!

Hievna
Enlightened

Quote:
Did I get it right?

2 talent points and some glyphs are free to choose. You want to gem only int, 20 int gem bonus is exception where you have to think. int > hit > mastery > haste > crit. You need enough haste to get 1 sec cast time for AB during the heroism and with 4xAB stack.
Arcane spec in a nutshell.

Last edited by Hievna on 20-9-2011 4:30; edited 1 time in total

Ian Bradbury

Yes, it is a yes
Necrall
Enlightened

*waves hello*

Despite the forum name, in game I'm Template.

My personal website, where I post game reviews, talk about the games I've designed and made and other amusing game related links.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum