Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: Blood Tank - TRIAL FAILED

1. What is your name, age and location?
My name is Jesse Andersson, Im 17 year's old and i live in Sweden.

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.) http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/D%C3%B4nken/simple / Know that my enchant's are crap but working on that! :D

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild? Im doing a apply to this guild because i want to raid with Wrift and Genrok. Also with you all Happy

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us? Wrift and Genrok

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds? Just moved here from Aerie peak. Moved here because the guild in Aerie peak was disbanding, Don't good any other apply's.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment. Im a Helpful guy, Will help when got time. Really relax'd , Got Big knowledge about Dk's.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section. Raid member.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why? Prefer to raid as Blood (Tank) , Got dual spec as PvP atm. Can change if wanted Happy

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this? Everyday i take a look at MMo-Champions and Elitistjerks Happy Keeping updated at thoose webbsites Happy

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those? I've been glyphing Most for Selfhealing. Because its getting easeier for healers and raid to Heal, and also its nice when on low health i can heal myself. Also glyphing a little bit for some more damage, Good for Tank and Spank :D

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time. I'm Never late to raid. Will always be online atleast 30mins before. Will be available for all night.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule? Can raid all days and Times!

What add-ons do you like to use for raids? Elvui . Dmb . Recount . Omen . TankWarnings.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in? Not so much at this char. Was playing on my Shaman most time of Cata, that char got 11/12 Normal and 4/13 HC . Also Exp from Firelands with the guild moral decay with 4/7 in FL. Now i will stay for this char. Never my shaman again xD

What raids do you believe you are geared for? Hard modes? Im geared for everything Normal. Not sure for HC. I Think i can but think i would take some damage xD

What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future? Yes.

We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable? Yes!

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel? it would feel good, If anyone would like wisper me and tell me i need to change that, or change that. Because then im Learn more about what i for Example gem or enchant. so i would feel good.

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react? Nothing special, If he got more update or things like that its Of course he will get it. Happy

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do? i dont know. Dont anything big about it :P Just showing up next raid i think xD

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react? surprised

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel? Good about it. We are still making Progress for the other night of raiding. That's how its going to be in new patch and raid, We will wipe. We will loose more money. But still . its the Progress that counts :D

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

Can you let us know the name of the shaman you have raided firelands with, and in which role did you play it, dps or healer?

As to the app, I know you said your enchants are poor but really you are a long way from shoulder enchant as you are hated with therazane, and no inscription for the alternative. The head is a BOA so you should be able to pick that up on your shammy, no reason to not have it really.
As to the other enchants, there is no reason to not have the best gold can buy if you want to be raiding, but that is something you can sort out quickly I am sure.

As to the rest of the app it read ok, lets hope you don't die as much as wrift wink

We do have 3 full time tanks, 2 warrior and one DK, as well as other off spec tanks, and it may be a case that you would be called to DPS depending on raid setup.

good luck with the app

Tethane
Guild Mistress

We are not recruiting a tank at the moment so you would have to play as DPS Im afraid, are you geared for DPS? There is a bit to work on and I would SO prefer a Shaman, can you link their armory as well please!

Hievna
Enlightened

May i ask couple of things about your blood spec?

Quote:
I've been glyphing Most for Selfhealing. Because its getting easeier for healers and raid to Heal, and also its nice when on low health i can heal myself.

Out of interest, why havent you specced to http://www.wowhead.com/spell=49542 or http://www.wowhead.com/spell=49039? http://www.wowhead.com/spell=49589 seems an odd talent to choose.
Would you care to elaborate these for me?

re: repply

Hello, My shaman is horde on sunstrider atm.. Name is Shagstorm if you want to look it up. Didn't know you not recruting Tanks, And that kinda sucks for me then. My dps gear is Crap atm. Got some Pvp stuffs and some tank / random dps etc From heroics and random troll.. Sorry but i was posting one as a apply xD

Sherawr
Guardian

Although its been said that we are not looking for a tank atm, im going to comment on your spec, glyphs etc. I can accept that you have a few hc gear items (blue) that arent enchanted properly etc, but there are a few changes you need to make I think.

Your spec is a little wierd tbh. You say that you want to mainly self heal, as blood tanks are designed, to take massive damage then heal/absorb, yet you are reforging alot of stuff away to dodge? In a sense I can understand you want dodge/parry to be as close as possible to reduce the effect of diminishing returns, however you can be around 4-5 % different (with HoW active) and wont really notice. Blood DK's are all about the blood shield, and mastery is our primary stat next to stam. I would reforge all your excess stats to mastery. I currently run 10.45 odge, 15% parry (from gear) with a 115% blood shield non raid buffed, (obviously you have your miss chance, and your armour reduction to take into account).

I feel a 31/8/2 spec that would include the talents that Hievna has stated, correctly glyphed, will make a more formidable tank. Remove 1 point out of http://www.wowhead.com/spell=49508, as you will always have 3 stacks active anyways using 2 points, and removing the 2 points out of http://www.wowhead.com/spell=81136 placing these points in blood worms, then moving your points from unholy tree into frost, then lichborn + death coil self heal glyphed is rediculous tbh.

I can see that your spec is centered around damage and aoe aggro, however aggro for a dk is stupid easy anywas, and in this case you should have put the 2 points from unholy command into Virulence.

Hopefully you will take this as constructive critism and try out the changes, see if you are a better tank this way? I think you would be pleasently surprised.

Anyways, GL with your app, and if you could make one on your shaman as requested, would be great (if you would be willing to transfer realms)

cheers

re: Repply

Hello! Thanks for Helping with Reforging / Spec etc. Been change some thinks you wrote. Still got 13% Dodge. Will fix... Still need to repalce my Blues ;D

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Ok, I hate asking player play characters they don't wish to play, but sadly we are full on tanks so there will not be an opportunity to raid with this. So we have a couple of choices.... Either you join us as Social or as raider with your Shaman for the moment, feeling free to PUG or come to alt runs on your DK, if we have a tanking spot come up we can consider you for it while you are gearing him for DPS (you will always be in a OT predominantly DPS role as our main tanks are reliable raider.)

Thoughts?

re: Repply

Sure for that. Wisper an officer for invite or?

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Yes for what bits :P

Tethane
Guild Mistress

I have had a complaint about your conduct already so unfortunately I will be removing you from the Guild.

Firstly you should upon joining be aware of all our Guild rules and adhere to them.

Quote:
No member under the Enlightened rank must organise a PuG Raid (PVE or PVP.) Please see here for more information.

Secondly when an Officer informs you you are breaking Guild rules you should acknowledge your mistake and stop whatever you are doing. Not just get someone else within your PUG to trade recruit people and continue to lead it. You were caught out by an Officer joining the PUG you were leading after responding to a trade advert from someone from your raid.

Thirdly we do not tolerate rude behavior, the Officer questioned why you were taking someone with virtually all green gear, now I understand that content has become trivial BUT the fact stands that using the FE guild name to recruit players to a PUG to boost your mate is not acceptable, neither is the verbal abuse my Officer received after mentioning this.

Quote:
All members must be kind, courteous, and refrain from use of profanity at all times. Offensive language, intentionally instigating other members or players, rude behaviour, etc, may result in disciplinary action up to and including the immediate termination of guild membership.

You are clearly not the sort of person that fits the FE mentality and not someone I want carrying our Guild name, we have worked hard for the reputation we have on this server and will work tirelessly to preserve it.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum