Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: Phenoma, Destruction, Warlock, Raid Application - ACCEPTED

1. What is your name, age and location?
Luke Reynolds, 24, England

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)

Phenoma, 85, warlock, destruction is my main spec, Mining and Jewelcrafting at max level (also maxed cooking). I have 3 other 85 alts, (priest, paladin and shaman) as well as various alts at various levels.

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?

To further my progress in raiding content and also to join some friends who are also in the guild. Hoping for a relaxed raiding guild.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?

Aaltsje, Cealiss, Marxua, Zenjuicy, Zen and Faust are some of the members I’m aware of. Heard about you from Aal, Cealiss and Marx, and have also been in a few low level raids on various characters from time to time.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

Originally in Mia crew, which was a family/friend guild back in TBC, before joining Dawn of the sun for a while. Then joined lunar eclipse after a long break from the game, which began to fall apart (mainly cause people got frustrated at Sindragosa). I joined valour as social, before leaving for Horde Knightmare. I’m currently in Horde Knightmare but the progress feels unstable, with trouble finding people for 10man raids. That, and also due to having friends in FE, I wish to join.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.

Unbelievable dps… just kidding, although I do bring the numbers;).. I’m a relaxed individual; I enjoy raiding, and will usually participate in any fun events the guild may hold. I’ve also led raids, and even been officer/guild leader in Lunar Eclipse before Sindra beat us (though I prefer to relax;p).

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

Kinda hope to become a bit of both, raiding mainly thou.

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

Destruction is my preferred dps spec, mainly because I’ve played it since TBC and am more familiar with that style of play, rather than that of affliction or demonology. As for dual spec, I alternate from demonology and affliction sometimes, depending if I plan to do a lot of solo stuff (demonology) or if I want to PVP (affliction)

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?

Elitist Jerks and Wow popular mainly, also use wow-head and other websites for gear/quest searching and gems.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?

Well, I choose destruction because it’s my preferred style of play, and I make very little mistakes while playing destruction because of this. As for talents and glyphs, I rely on elitist jerks mainly, thou I might edit them if I find a talent or glyph that would suit my style of play more.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.

I should have no trouble attending to raids that I have signed for, as I won’t sign if I doubt my ability to turn up. If unsure, I would probably sign tentative or not at all, depending.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?

I’m usually free most afternoons. But Ideally, Wednesdays, Fridays, weekends and Monday are the days I’m used to raiding, from 19:00 to 23:00 game time.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?

For raids, just dbm and omen, but if you also mean for my interface as well, then I also use: Button timers, xPerl, bartender, Chinchilla and damage meter. There might be other addons in use but they are the main ones.. oh and tidy plates.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?

Oh, this one could go on forever… but to make it short: Priest healer in TBC, Pala Tank during ICC, including heroic ICC 10man up to sindra (evil dragon) and Warlock DPS for Cataclysm. As for my Cataclysm experience, I’m up to 5/6 in BWD, 2/4 in BOT and 1 / 2 in 4winds. Have not done any of the heroic raid content.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?

Pretty much all of them, geared for Heroic Cataclysm encounters (as I’m only 3 items off full epic set).

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?

Haven’t tried any raid achievements, but have accomplished a few (such as the worm’s one in BWD). As stated above, have not attempted any heroic raids but am looking forward to it (have done heroic content in ICC though).

We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable?

Unless there’s a disaster of some sort, should be no problem.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?

Amused:p but I would listen and discuss it with them, and if I think they are correct, I would make the changes, unless their rude about it.

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

A little disappointed but no problem, I’m sure the item will come around again and if not, there will probably be better down the road.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?

I will leave it be while the raid is on-going, but I would discuss it with an officer or guild master afterwards, and if there was a valid reason for it, then it’s fine. If not, perhaps because of how hard it can be to get a good group together or something, then I would talk to the officer about the situation.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?

Tbh, I would probably be too tired to carexD but usually, I just shrug it off.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?

From experience, tired, but wiping is part of progressing, so a necessary evil. Did I also mention how evil sindra was? Managed to do the achievement for it, but only once downed it on 25 (I think we did, can’t remember><) and never downed sindra hc 10. After months of trying.. So yes, tired:p

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Emerald-Dream/Phenoma/advanced (forgot to put the link to the armory:p)

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Nice application I think, Not sure on raid spots think we have 2 warlocks that raid most of the time one definately so guessing we could do with another one.

All the best in applying.

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Cant fault anything to be honest, gemmed/enchanted/reforged correctly. Only thing I will say is missing manafeed and specced into doom and gloom instead, manafeed is great for longer fights especially now as moving into heroic raids, less life tapping, less pressure on healers and more uptime because of less life tapping is according to theorycraft a DPS gain.

This will mean 3 destruction locks, which will probably mean one of us really should go Demo as we will recruit you instead of an ele shammy for the 10% sp buff. Think this will be a discussion all three of us will have to have, maybe it shoulds be me as my dps is pretty sucky when raid leading anyway!

Could you give us the names of your alts as well please? I like this application drop me a response to this and I will get you an answer by end of play today.

Aye, been meaning to change spec for mana feed, just haven't got around to it, will do when I log today. 85 alts are lyaruil prot pala, claesti holy priest and kalae elemental shaman.

Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

It's a nice app, honest and such like but I just wanted to ask a question.

Bearing in mind your response to question 5. Currently you may be required to be on stand by for raids as we have a fairly full roster (though there are catch-up 10 man raids on a tuesday), is this going to be an issue for you?

Should be no problem, I have been in a few guilds and have been on standby before. The primary reason for leaving HK, if thats the reason for being curious, is more to do with the feeling that the guild is beginning to collaspe. But before then, I was in Lunar Eclipse, which also had a full roster, and being on standby won't bother me unless its unfairly so (like being on standby for a month constant, or something like that).

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Ok Luke I'm going to give you a shot! Pop one of the Officers or myself ingame for an invite, you me and Bennied can do rock paper scissors to see who is going demo :P I will be on tonight to do your raid invites.

Please read the bottom of this page http://forsakenenlightenment.guildlaunch.com/custom.php?page_id=77350&gid=45872&f=868814 for details on what you need to do now you are a member!

Jodie/Tethane x

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum