Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: Dreadi, Blood, Death knight, raiding application - ACCEPTED

1. What is your name, age and location?
My name is Matthew Roberts, i'm 25 and live in Plymouth UK.

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)

My character is called Dreadi, he is a death knight, spec is whatever the raid team requires... I was an officer in my previous guild and would always play whatever we needed most, I am competent playing any of the specs and have gear to do so. My professions are jewelry crafting and inscription. I have one level 85 alt which is on a different server and only used for arena once a week.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/dreadi/simple

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?

I have been a raider since just before the release of The burning crusade and love it. I was a hardcore raider through Ulduar and very much enjoyed my time competing for server firsts and working as a part of a team of friends.

I work nights now (I must leave for work by about 2330 game time) and had to stop hardcore raiding. I put my raiding time to use with a small guild called
U N I T Y and quickly became an officer helping them to get from being stuck on Saurfang to killing the Lich king and getting a lot done on heroic modes.

Sadly a lot of the members of U N I T Y were family and have left, this has stopped the raiding of the guild. With my love of raiding and the large gap in the guild I have decided to look for a new place to call home. I am interested in finding a guild that raids and makes progress, but also has a strong sense of community and a friendly atmosphere. Looking at your site I believe you offer this and I would love to become a part of that.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?

I don't know anyone in guild, I can't say i've spotted anyone around even. It is purely chance that I checked your site after spotting your guild in the new guild recruitment tool. After looking at your site I decided you seem to have everything i'm looking for.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

I've been in Volition of shadowsong prior to the move to ravencrest server which was a hardcore guild that I loved. As i've said above I work nights and had to stop raiding. Most recently U N I T Y, but sadly the guild has come to an end with too many leaving. I am not someone that likes to move guilds and would love to find a stable guild to be a part of.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.

Outside of raiding I am a social person, I naturally want to be a part of things and will make an effort to get to know people. I spent a lot of time in my previous guild helping to gear my fellow guild mates through not taking any priority on gear in raids to doing 2v2 arena with guild members to get them the gear. Being honest if I was to get a trial and be fortunate enough to pass then I would hope to bring my fiancée with me (85 hunter who is well geared and just a wonderful person, vicky). I am outgoing and confident talking in guild and in raids. I'd be the first to offer to get stuck into new content.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

Raiding member please.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

I currently have Blood and frost (DW)...however I love unholy and was only frost to provide a buff for my previous guild. I enjoy playing any of the specs and i am confident in doing so. Blood is currently a very strong tanking spec, my gear is not 100% since I was not taking it in raids unless it went to offspec. Despite this I was able to tank all of BWD up to the final phase of nefarian. Frost is a lot of fun to play, with some timing and a good knowledge of your priority system you can see great numbers, though it is not as reliable as unholy for sustained strong dps. Unholy is simply amazing for producing good numbers all the time and a lot of fun to play. I love playing with specs and getting the most from them, competing with others and with myself drives me to achieve and that is always fun.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?

I have a number of websites that I check including elitist jerks, arena junkies and a few others. Arena junkies may sound a strange choice, but in the forums they look at everything and you can get a lot of different perspectives and some good theory crafting that is relevant to more than pvp. Elitist jerks provide great up to date information too. Staying up to date is vital in such a changing game.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?

Ok sorry I know I go on a bit above and this will be worse.. i'll try to stick to the talents that are borderline and accept that you understand that i'd take the important basic stuff, if more detail is desired i'd be happy to oblige.

Blood- to start with my spare points, Lichborne is an easy choice for me, when I know that large damage is coming I use it as another defensive cooldown and will plow all of my runic power into self heals.

Blood parasite, this required some thinking on my part...the self healing is fairly small, but the splash healing on melee is substantial and can at times help save lives which i'm a fan of.

Abominations might is more strength which i'm a fan of, if I can be the person to provide this buff then i'd like to be.

not taking crimson scourge, this is an AE talent and as such I am disinclined to take it unless a specific fight requires more than I can normally manage which i'm yet to see.

As for not taking the unholy talent to extend disease duration, i find that my down time on diseases is low and that it has no significant impact so the points are put to better use elsewhere.

Blood glyphs- I've focused on self healing and survivability, there are some very debatable glyphs and to be honest I on occasion change depending on the fight, death and decay is really only required in very specific situations so I would take it at the time rather than all the time.

Frost talents- Of the spare points I decided to take lichborne for those situations where it comes in handy, to be honest very few in raids, but the spare points are very much spare. The only real dps talent that i lack is improved blood tap, which is of minimal value and I would argue outvalued by the points i'd have to lose to take it.

Frost glyphs- My glyphs are pretty standard to get the most out of my highest damage moves and get as many frost strikes in as possible.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.

I work nights, as long as your raids don't run more than 10-20 minutes over I can stay for the full duration and even a bit more. I want to raid and sign for 99% of raids and would certainly sign for 100% on trial, I have always considered trials as a time to really go for it.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?

I can make myself available on any days, having seen your schedule, I am happy with it. Outside of raiding I go swimming and gym, but this is mostly after work so has no impact on my availability.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?

Damage tracking addons, this allows me to keep an eye on things, like interrupts and dispels which as an officer previously was important. Ora2, Omen since it allows me to judge if i can take a break on the rune strikes and save up for a self healing zerg using lichborne. Deadly boss mods since I like making life a bit more easy. I use bartender and clique as well. Maybe a few others too, but none that are very relevant to raiding.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?

Currently I've done up to Nefarion as tank and dps, sadly i've only seen the first 3 bosses killed in BoT, but my knowledge of the other bosses is strong and I am confident I could play the role of tank or dps for any of them.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?

current content non heroic.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?

In the current content i've not done many achievements, but i have a good history of them in previous expansions and enjoy the challenge. Pushing to accomplish something that is a challenge is a great feeling. I remember getting the firefighter fight of Mimiron was an amazing feeling when it was current content.

We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable?

Of course.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?

Happy that someone has taken an interest in my character, I am always looking to improve so if someone has an idea i'd be happy to hear it. Though I am careful when returning the service since not everyone takes it the same way.

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

Loot council! honestly hearing you use it makes me a little bit giddy. The only loot system i've ever really been a fan of is loot council since it works amazingly well if you trust your officers. I can't say that i'd have any issues at all, I understand that on occasion there will be items that are debatable when it comes to who gets best use of the, but at the end of the day it's just an item and not worth the worry.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?

I take the standby, knowing that balance issues tend not to last, usually situations like this last only until a boss is downed for the first time and then you find that raids have more flexibility. Would I have a bruised ego if I was sitting out because another raider was considered more capable? sure, but would I consider this to be the case or think logically that when you are making progress it can be nice to keep the raid team that works as it is. I play well and to be honest i'd trust in that so have no reason to worry.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?

This very much depends on the tone, if it is purely a snappy comment due to stress I will try very hard to let it slide (i'm no angel, but I know when to hold my tongue). If it is a genuine query then i'd defend myself in a calm way and explain my point of view.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?

Suck it up and keep at it, progression is difficult to quantify, you fail and fail and then suddenly you don't make a little progression, instead you complete the whole thing.

Working to fix things is helpful, but also knowing when to stick at it and get what you're doing perfect is important. Very often you as an individual are getting it right, at this point it is vital to keep focus, if when everyone gets it right you slip up then that's the only moment that counts for you. Personally I love the wipeathon since it gives us a chance to work out how we as a team can overcome it.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Jarakuel / Chris
Wanderer

re: Blood DK App.

I think this is a really good application, you've clearly put alot of thought into your answers, and you have good raiding ethics! We don't currently have a regular DK tank, and i think it would be a good contribution to raiding progressions, especially on fights like Nefarian, when tanking onyxia / nefarian. Plus if you're as confident in each spec as you say you are, i'm sure it could work well also having you in boss fights when we only require 1 tank.

The thing i'm thinking of mainly to do with progression wise is that as a DK in frost spec in tank gear, you could tank/kite the adds on Nefarian. Then ofcourse switch to dps weapon and dps the adds on platform and interrupt.

There's alot of possibilities with a regular DK tank / dps such as yourself.

If it was my choice, i'd give you a trial right now, but as i'm only a raider rank, all i can do is sing your praises about your application.

So good luck in this process, i really hope they accept you. Happy

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Lol way too much to read, Might have a look later but atm so much text.

Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

good ap, maybe we should frame it!

Re raid times; it is very rare we go beyond 23:00 server time (10:00 pm UK), I think we have gone over twice since I joined, for 1 last attempt.

A regular DK would be a good addition, and the App shows the chap knows his class.

thumbs up and good luck

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Excellent application and exactly what I am looking for (its soooo nice when that happens.)

Well thought out answers and a desire to raid, plus a DK tank/DPS.

We don't actually use a loot council, the question was designed in such a way to find out how people respond to a "council" based decision. We actually use EPGP for 25 man raiding and find it very effective.

I am going to offer you an invitation immediately hoping that you will be able to sign for tomorrow night and our 25 man neffy progress. We have 2 tanks that are currently working away from home/moving so it will be a tank role. I'm pretty sure that even on there return we will require you to play OT for those fights that require 3 tanks but predominantly DPS, I will ask you to consider under these circumstances what you would like your MS loot priority to be?

Welcome to the guild Happy

Dreadi here again, thank you for the fast responses. I'd love to get stuck into raiding right away. As for the loot priority, i'd like to leave that up to you, since my tank gear is at the moment the weaker of the two sets if i'm honest, but I could well understand your current main tanks not feeling too pleased to share loot with someone who spends a lot of time as dps. I'm online and available to talk often so if anyone wants to grab me for a chat please feel free.

Tethane
Guild Mistress

All our tanks are pretty geared at the moment, bar Chogall and his shoulders that never want to drop! I think as your DPS gear is pretty good I would like you to MS tank for the moment, although I may change my mind at some point, which is nothing unusual!

You seem to be in a lot of PVP gear at the moment, I assume that is not your raiding gear Happy

Please read the bottom of this page entitled "AMG I have been accepted..... WHAT NOW!"

http://forsakenenlightenment.guildlaunch.com/custom.php?gid=45872&page_id=77350&page_id=77350

Sadly i am wearing 2 parts of pvp gear in my dps set, the 2 part bonus with some bad luck in getting a strong head slot item has caused this, but i will be looking to upgrade as soon as i can. Balancing two sets means that they look less polished, but i can produce the numbers i promise tongue out

Tethane
Guild Mistress

And the cloak, wrist, rings sword and relic?

Valour points could deal with some of these, but I believe ZA/ZG may help and rep rewards. The item level means nothing to me :P

Dreadi

I may well be in my pvp gear in the link, any items that i have on are not for item level. If it was an upgrade to my stats then i take it. If it's pvp then i've enchanted and gemmed it for pve and checked if i can replace it. I am looking for items to replace it and have been working towards this. I'm balancing the two specs and not ignoring gear that has often higher stats than non raid gear especially with the 70str bonus for the 2 part. I want to replace it and can do soon, but it's replacing it with stronger gear rather than just trying to appear to not be in any pvp that i'm after.
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Fair do's you don't seem like the type to beef up item level be good to have a peep at your tank gear to, I will be about tonight.

Dreadi

I've got other gear in my bags i can put on to show you, i really am not the kind to go for item level, i just wanted what gave me highest stats overall, granted i'd really like to replace the cloak, but i've replaced the relic it's just in my equipment set saved.
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

I invited him cos I Was on your lock earlier (making screen tear so people at work could see my account is closed atm) he said was ok etc and checked forums.

Looks like good news btw

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum