Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Bigjames

re: rejoining forsaken enlightment after absence - ACCEPTED

This topic is answered here
1. What is your name, age and location?

James Evert Suurhoff 35 (12-04-1976) the Netherlands

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)

Bigjames level 85 deathknight, frost and blood mining and blacksmithing.alts are biggrim level 85 worgen hunter, evilgrim level 20 worgen druid,fatgrim level 75 tauren paladin (hordie)

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?

I used to be part of the guild but chose to leave because other friends started a new one but in the end in went completly dead.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?

Tethane envisi,chaz are still well known to me and also the count of sesame street.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

I used to be gm of the is going commando which went bottoms up then i joined to fe after that i only joined the celestial dawn because some good mates went there i have no other applications running.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.

Doing the best i can and hopefully some of you still remember be and my laugh which was evil too but not as evil as the counts one lol.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

I would very much like to become both again and be a welcome part of the guild.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

Preference goes out to frost dps but im dual spec blood aswell so whatever the guild needs more to up the chances and succeed in raids i am not bothered.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?

Yes i do every now and then i visit some dk sites to see if im still up to date with spec and gems .

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?

I chose those particular specs because they were listed as the best for those talent trees at the moment only one i dont play is unholy that is a spec i cannot get used too and frost and blood are more my piece of cake so to speak.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.

do to work i cannot spend as much time on wow as i want but if and when i sign for something i will be there , because when accepted people rely on you to show up.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?

As listed above when i can play wow i am playing wow.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?

deadly boss mods,recount some other tank addons i cant think of at the moment.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?

tanking the lk was the last of the regular experience only on 10 man, from the cata ones ive only done bh 25 as dps ,and trash farming as dps in one of the cata ones i cant think of at the moment.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?

bh for sure and the one i cant hink of at the moment all the others not sure.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?

never got around to them in the guild , too busy running people through lk at that time to gear them up as for the others never got round to them because most guild members were not geared for them.

We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable?

gonna be diificult do to my work situation but like i mentioned before , the things i sign for i will be there!as people depend on you to come.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?

thankfull because im only looking to improve myself in the game and become better in the guild to up the chances of raid succes.

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

Sad but ok with it because ofcourse members who are more regular get first dibs on the gear.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?

I will abbide by the decision ot the raid leader ,if he/she decides the mentioned member is more proffitable for the chances of the raid to succeed who am i to dissagree, my time will come eventually.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?

I will try to sort things out between us if that doesnt work contact the raid leader at that time or ofcourse an officer to try and sort things out between us because in the end we are a part of the same guild .

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?

Yes and....? ofcourse that is not a problem because its a guild effort and we are trying to get things done ,guild runs are fun and are somethimes combined with learning experience thats is a fact of life.

ps hopefully talk to all of you soon again,if you decide to decline i wish all of you the best of luck in wow and in rl too maybee we will see each other in game time.

sincerly James (bigjames dk on the emerald dream server) hugs kisses and luv to all
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

We have took others back who have left so I guess so, guess your applying as social as raiding spots are quite full up.

Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

we don't have a regular DK currently whilst John is away, but we do tend to have a lot of signs.

Can I ask that as you will only be signing when you can definately make it, will you be happy to be on standby on these nights you commit to?

Tethane
Guild Mistress

This post answers this topic.
I am really unsure about this to be honest James, and will ask my Officer team to comment. I sometimes invite back past members but the way in which Celestial Dawn came into being really left a bad taste in my mouth, we all knew it would fail horribly and perhaps that is the price for what was basically a coup.

Now, when it has been mismanaged and the leadership and loyalty you were clearly assured of has failed you return to the people you pretty much gave up on as a Guild, is it because we are in the top 10 25 man guilds on the server? Is it because we are level 25? Is it because you wish to gear up and go back to your "friends" once again negating the hard work myself and the rest of the loyal members of the Guild have done?

Simple answer is I don't know..... In all fairness you never seemed even remotely bothered about the impact Celestial Dawn had on FE, more importantly the effect it had on ME, no forum post to say goodbye was made and no consideration for the years of hard work I had put into this Guild was given.

Lets be clear about this, I'm not saying no, I am putting my thoughts out there, perhaps you can comment (as can my Officers) and I will leave it up to them to make the decision, I feel although I am GM I am a little to close to this to stop me being bias.

As far as your application goes we do insist on 100% raid attendance whilst on trial, this is non negotiable. If you can't do this then we would be happy to consider you as a social member, but this means it is very unlikely you will see a 25 man raid.

Sycamorechaz
Fallen

Dude... no armory link, I have to do all the work myself

<----- not happy already xDDDD

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

What Jodie said is true, but I remember you staying with us for awhile before actually leaving you didnt jump ship the same time as everyone else atleast.

Raiyen
Wanderer

Going to have to agree with what Jodie said.

I may no longer be around in WoW anymore, but I was certainly present for the little charade that was Celestial Dawn.

As a raider? No from me. While you, James, may not have any direct correlation to what those few did in CD, you still chose to join the guild. I can only speak for myself here, but anyone who wore that tag lost all of my trust. We felt betrayed; outraged, even.

We geared those people up, we progressed through Ulduar/Naxx, and they were the main raiders. We also bent our backs for those people, because some of them wouldn't dare raid without certain prerequisites. We also helped these people with raid tactics, and how to beat said raids.

And how did they repay us? Not with loyalty, that's for sure. They repaid us with insults; with a pathetic attempt at overthrowing our guild by stealing all of our members. I remember one general insult, from what was it, Mike? We had made him an officer, and Jodie gets a nice little mail from him 2 hours after he left talking about "our terrible management of the guild."

Must be terrible, huh? Clearly, it shows in the fact that this guild still exists while CD died a horrible, fiery, inevitable death. This is what happens when you piss off one of the most reputable GM's on ED.

Sorry James, I don't mean to take this out on you, but this is like opening old wounds and pouring salt all over it. Maybe I'm just overly biased and hold grudges, but I think this is the way a lot of officers who were around for the CD incident will feel.

As a social member, I am all for it. James was a cool person, though I can't vouch for today, but I don't see any major concerns letting him back in as social.

Just my 2 cents here.
┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Edit: If you don't like anything in the post Jodie/Peter feel free to edit it/delete it. :p

Edit 2:
Tuishao wrote:
We have took others back who have left so I guess so, guess your applying as social as raiding spots are quite full up.

Did we really...?

Well, I still stand with what I said.
Elcaco
caliban/seven
Guardian

ppls leave to see if grass is greener on other side. and finds out it aint. and then they want back again to our green and sunny lawn, where jodie use alot of time to rebuild a home after the celestial dawn accident

i feel we dont have room for you as raider now, i can go for a social spot

Bigjames

re: re: rejoining forsaken enlightment after absence

I can completly understand the reactuions of some of you i never ment any harm it was a hard choice for me to leave fe because i also had lots of fun with you too, from my end it was probably just a bad decision i made in the end but i cant change time and go back in the past choices were made.
if you decide not to take me back i understand.
i never had and will have an issue with you guys and girls ofcourse

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/bigjames/simple sorry forgot chaz i hope you forgive me

Whatever you decide i will live by your decision. I wish everyone all the best in game and rl see you around i hope
Everlightly

I've read the application, I've not got any idea what went on in the guild back then, so i really can't comment, so i'll leave the descions upto jodie. But as a social, its an ok application
Dawnrazor
Guardian

I liked James, nice guy, guess he was just easily swayed. Least he's not Mr 'FusionPunch!!!'

As mentioned above, raids are pretty full ATM but can try as social.

It's always nice to be reminded we were right Jodie Happy

I am going to decline you as Raider, but accept you as Social if you would join as social that is.

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Awaiting answer on social spot

Bigjames

re: joining fe

sure thats ok i would luv to come back as social thank you for taking me back
Bigjames

re: rejoining fe

I want to thank all of you for giving me a chance to come back as a social, but i have decided to abandon that idea after all.it may still set some bad blood in the forsaken if i came back due to the history what happend, never ment any harm by leaving but i dont think i will be playing lots anymore work has become very busy and real life has taken a different turn aswell. im not having as much fun at wow as i used too so my apologies if this will upset anyone, again i mean no harm and i wish the forsaken enlightenment and the members of it all the best in health prosperity and happiness for the future not only in game but in real life too . sincerely James

p.s if i am online and peeps want to reach me and just talk i can be found under real id with reaperraven@hotmail.com
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum