Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: Xeonaught paladin retribution/protection raiding - ACCEPTED

1. What is your name, age and location? hey the names jason im 24 and im from sheffield england

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.) Xeonaught,level 85,retribution/protection,skinning/mining http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emeriss/xeonaught/simple my armoury =p

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild? i just want to do the content in cata in a fun relaxing environment

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us? i know pessimissm and moombee at one time moombee was my guild leader pessimissm is a big irl friend

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds? no other applications im currently in a guild but it lacks direction and drive to succeed in the current content

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.
comedy and the willingness to learn on encounters i have not done
7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section. raiding

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why? my raiding spec at current is protection but i prefer retribution as i have played that spec for 5 years i enjoy using my support abilities to assist the party in anyway i can such as holy raidence and word of glory helping with heals if need be for the sake of a bit of less dps

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this? personally i dont use websites i prefer to use methods
to find out rotations and specs myself so i can play the class how its suited to my playing style but if anyone as any advice i do listen and take note
Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those? in my protection spec i did have a issue that i have recently addressed i stacked too much parry/dodge and had less mastery so i regemed and respeced so now im more durable i have the word of glory glyph to connect with my word of glory talant in protection and glyph of rebuke is almost a must as melee paladins need to do a lot of interupts

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time. 100% yes i will not sign if i cant make it

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?
i can raid monday wednesday thursday saturday sunday
What add-ons do you like to use for raids? dbm is a must recount for fun thats all i have really needed but recently i have used omen if i need more by guild request i would download them

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in? well i started in the middle of the burning crusade so i did all of kara as dps paladin i did every single raid in wrath of the lich king all in retribution only since cata that i have tried tanking raids

What raids do you believe you are geared for? BARADIN HOLD AND BLACKWING DECENT

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future? i think its fun trying old content for achievements i try and do some now nearly did LK on herioc 25 the other day

We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable? yes

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?
i listen to what the guy says and research what he is saying he may be wrong but then again he may be right
An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react? rules are rules the item may drop again

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?patience is a virtue i wait and take my chance when i get it. after a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react? be the bigger man and dont overeact and stay calm

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel? lets go farm some savage leather in the morning =p if we doing correct tactics the boss will die .... eventually

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Pessimism VII

I've known Xeonaught through all his WoW life - im even the one who introduced him to the online phenomenon. I have to admit, through the burning crusade when he started, he was as useless as we all were to begin with, but through sheer commitment and persistence, he became used to the game and how to progress, eventually joining mine, moombee and Sorien in our old guild on Emeriss server (Shiver) where we recruited Xeonaught from his previous realm to raid with us in our efforts to best the lich king, where, if i remember rightly, he was retribution and to our suprise, the blood elf was topping the damage.

To summarise, Xeonaught is a committed, persistant and currently undervalued player.

Good luck on your application Jason
Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

Seems a reasonable chap from the Application. Not sure how we are raider wise, but it's always good to have overs to guarantee the raid goes ahead.

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Yea seems a nice application, haven't had time to read through it properly atm as im at work. but at a glance it looks quite good

Seems nice !
only comment i have is: Why did u choose to take on the tanking cloak?
And why did u reforge the mastery into dodge as retribution?
Could reforge the parry into crit (if needed for retri) or expertise.
But that's just me ;).
overall it looks nice and decent

Zuruthan
Enlightened

Anonymous wrote:
Seems nice !
But that's just me ;).

Sooo. i wasn't logged in on this one Happy

re: xeonaught =)

Seems nice !
But that's just me ;).

hey mate i choose a tanking cloak cus im yet to get a epic only been back playing wow 1 month and a half and the str /stam is by far mroe superior to the dps blue cloaks lets hope i can buy 1 or get the one from zg =)i use the cloak for dps/tank specs and i do reforge for different purposes most of the time maybe i just forgot that day =p

re: xeonaught =) bot tonight

ill be down at pessimissms house tonight watching you do bastion of twilight hope its as much fun as when i watched u guys do black wing decent yesterday i managed to do 5/6 in bwd =)

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Any other officer comments?

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Seems like a decent guy so far so give him a shot?

Everlightly

sorry, since i'm not working i'm spending my time either in game or with the wife/kid.

Speak to alex aka sunwasp and he said this guys cool, so i'm up for giving him a shot
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

*Moved by Peter to the correct Thread originally posted by Xeonaught*

hey guys thanks for the nice comments =) if theres anything you can see that i can improve on dont be afriad to let me know im allways looking to improve and increase my game i have played retribution paladin for five years and the beauty is im allways learning all the time how to play this class its not about pure dps its also about support and helping the raid party when you are in difficult situations. i watched you raid last night with deep intrest and enjoyed how orginased and cohesive you was and even tho you wiped a couple of times on the 4th boss you eventually got it right and executed the boss hope u down chogall tonight and move on to nefarian =p

Sherawr
Guardian

Ok, Hi Im Jon (sherawr). Firstly apologies its taken a while for me to get on here, been working. Right ive had a look through your app and all your answers seem pretty cool, having looked at ur Armory I have noticed a few small changes you could make to improve your toon.

Firstly I would change your prime glyph of Exorcism to Glyph of Seal of Truth. As this is your main Seal used as a Ret it would automatically grant u 10 expertise, which means you could free up some of those gem and mastery choices you regem to your primary stat STR in those redslots, ie your shoulders, belt your neck to be reforged from HASTE to HIT instead of EXP, until capped that type of thing. I see that your HIT is a little low and that you have reforged some your your gear from HIT > another stat, I would seriously reconsider and reforge back until at least you get some more gear with HIT on.

OK I know mastery/haste are both good for RETs but STR is still your primary stat. Now that Maelstroms are really cheap I would consider re enchanting those tier gloves with - MIGHTY STR +50 enchant, your helm Im presuming is pretty new and as of yet unenchanted, obviously a must for raiding.

As for your proffesions I see you have skinning and mining. Unless you really need the G right now I would highly reccommend moving away from skinning and picking up JC. It is an excellent addition to mining, a good money maker when maxed ( or near max) and gives you 3 JC gems of higher stats which are pretty superior in every way to the skinning proff, which wont help at all really (ok you get a bit of crit but), looking at raiding here.

So based on all this and if you take my fellow officers and guildies comments on board I am willing o say yes to your trial Happy

Good Luck m8

Last edited by Sherawr on 3-5-2011 13:01; edited 1 time in total

Tethane
Guild Mistress

We would like to offer you a trial spot, having a duel spec dps/tank is quite a benefit at the moment, take on board what Sherawr has said, poke an Officer for an invite and welcome to the Guild!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum