Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Froksham

re: Frok, Restoration Shaman raider - ACCEPTED

This topic is answered here
1. What is your name, age and location?

My name is Jachym, im nearly 19 and i live in Czech republic

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)

Character name is Frok, level 85, shaman, restoration with Leatherworking and Skinning both 525.
I haven't any notable alt just Mbwa my Death Knight but only with 71st level.
Link to Frok : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/frok/simple

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?

I'm applying because my last guild broke up and i just love raiding and you seem very nice. My expectations are that i will find people who share this love with me, and we will progress together.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?

I don't know any member personally, just Tethane whispered me that you are recruiting which is also the way how i've heard about this Guild

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

I've been in guilds called Red lighting, House of Small Gods, Bad Company and Space Invaders.
First of them left because people there were lazy to raid and every other guild just disbanded my raiding team :/ Space Invaders was my own guild but it didn't really worked out well.And no this is my only pending application.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.

My main quality is imo zealous personality it means that i am not one of these guys that leaves raid after one wipe. Every wipe just piss me off in the right way so i want to play it better. I can focus on my own mistakes and get better every day. Even if i haven't really much experiences with Cataclysm raiding i have my ears always ready to hear good advice and i know how to use my brain ;)

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

I'm social guy in real life but my wow is just raiding

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

Raiding spec - Restoration, Dual spec is Elemental
I prefer Restoration because healing is the most enjoyable role in raid for me.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?

Usually i'm available every work day in the evening except Tuesday. So monday, wednesday, thursday 19:00-XX:XX, fridays and weekends are a bit tricky. Let's say i can raid every second weekend.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?

I like DBM, Diamond threat meter and Recount damage meter - i can't raid without these three little helpers

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?

I have almost none Cataclysm experience and that's my main problem while looking for a new guild :/ I've been healer since ever.In WOTLK i've been raiding until storming the citadel in ICC

What raids do you believe you are geared for?

I believe that BoT and BwD normal mode are fine for me

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?

No, but i would love that because achievements are the sense of high end raiding right? Happy

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?

I feel grateful because if it's not you're guild mate who's giving you and advice then who should it be? Sincerity is an important part of every guild.

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

Of course im a bit sad but if my raid-mate gets better gear its and advantage for me too.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?

Im online all the raid time and waiting to catch my chance!

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?

Usually im not responding to these kind of comments because i don't like argues.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?

As i have said before every wipe piss me off the right way and pursue me forward

Thank you for reading and maybe reacting to my post! Cya in game, Frok!

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Eluniel
Guardian

Build, glyphs and general direction of gear seems to be ok, but that reforging and gemming terrifies me. You have only 766 spirit. For normal mode raider spirit should be ~2200 unbuffed and almost same for HC dungeons. In the other hand: haste soft cap is 916, next cap is somewhere around 3000… so nowhere near this tier of gear. You should expand your Haste beyond this point _only_ if you have mana to burn (and with that amount of spirit I highly doubt you have).

Questions:
Why you have reforged spirit away?
Why have you gemmed pure haste on yellow sockets instead of int+haste / int+crit / int+mastery?
Why you have haste enchant on weapon instead of spirit enchant?
Why you select Burning Shadowspirit Diamond over Ember Shadowspirit Diamond?

A tip: In live servers we still must balance Mastery vs Crit, but in Patch 4.1 Mastery will be changed to affect all our healing. Personally I changed my gear to mastery heavy to get ready for heroic raids (coming soon tm) and incoming patch. ^_^

Oh, i forget to mention this. In my last guild with friends we were just running heroics and allready had one holy priest so i went with them as a elemental shammy so thats why my gems and reforging looks so awful im gonna change it right now, sry about that

This post answers this topic.
Ok im done with gems enchants and reforging.. Can you please check me once again? Happy

Eluniel
Guardian

Now the numbers are similar to what I had when I started raiding. Ofc, gatherer as glove enchant is not optimal for raider (I used to have extra gloves with mining enchant in inventory; I assume that you could do that too).

Good and fast reaction. ^_^

Great and quick response to Iones questions, Ione is our main raiding resto shammy so any info she gives is pretty much spot on. Any other comments from Officers....

Also you are required to have 100% signs during your trial will this be a problem?

//Gatherer gloves fixed

100% attendance is what i am hoping for so there is no problem with that.

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Sorry for the delay, my Officers are being slack, come on guys respond to recruitment post purlease!

Everlightly

I was going to put something up Jodie, but you already asked the questions I was going to ask, answers are good and a second main spec resto shaman would be awesome.
Sherawr
Guardian

Having read this app and the responses made to our current raiding Shamans I am quite impressed tbh. the comment

"Even if i haven't really much experiences with Cataclysm raiding i have my ears always ready to hear good advice and i know how to use my brain ;) "

seems to have rung true straight away as the changes you guys have asked for have immediately been implemented. A big positive for me

And after seeing the new guys in the raids last night performing well and responding like they did, I feel that we would only bolster the ranks by offering a Jachym a trial spot here too Happy

Froksham

Thank you guys im glad you liked it. So can i hear an decision please? Happy

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Yup, we would like to offer you a trial spot in FE, welcome to the guild, I will log in now to invite you and to all the upcoming raids aswell!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum