Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Welshtaff

re: Welshtaff Guild Application - ACCEPTED

Questions for all applicants:

1. What is your name, age and location?

My RL Name is Grant, I am 30 years of age and live in Windsor which is in Berkshire county.

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)

KK, My Main char is Welshtaff Dwarf Pally. MS is Prot with a Ret has Os. Mining & Jc are my professions and both are maxed!

i also have a Mage Lvl 84 and a hunter lvl 80, not done much on him since Cata tbh.

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?

I have raided with the guild serveral times mainly in ICC Hc on a few ach runs before Cata Launched and all went well. I Spoke to the Gm in detail outlining my interest in the guild at the time but join AoA , I found the guild to be very postive, outgoing and felt relaxed from the start. The Only Expectations i have is really not from the guild but how i protary my self a cross.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?

Yes Gm being one of the ppl that i know and i know the guild from raiding with your Selves.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

I was a Raider in Aoa where i have been for the past 10+
months has one of the main Mt's, I Left the guild for a number of reasons some i wont Discuss just out of respect for the guild.
I love to raid but i also like to do a lot of other things to like Ach runs in the new hc instances which dispite posting it on the guild forums there was no interest.
The other Frustrating thing i found, is when u had over 40 ppl on line no one spoke lol ppl just done their own thing. Me being Welsh i like to have a chat and not all about WoW!! So after thinking long and hard i left the guild all on good terms.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.

tricky question!, being welsh i am special lol..
No if i am Raiding look up in advance where we are going incase its a new boss encounter so i can watch and read tacs on fight both from a Tank and Dps point of view. Make sure got flasks, food and all my addons are working and up todate.

On a day to day basis, I like to run the daily hc with guild members if any are free, get involved with anything the guild got going on. PvP, if ppl need boosting in instances etc.. Always free to help out.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

Raider if poss but i see your not recruiting raiders atm but i fill the next part incase there is room.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

My raiding main spec is Prot and i have Dps has Os. Confident in both but prefer Prot over all. Just the spec that i Lvl with and its one that i feel i am better with.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?

There are many different web sites such has wowhead, propally, and a few others. I try every 2 weeks or so to look up, more for ret if anything on different rotations to use, different marcos that been tried and tested.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?

Kk my talent build is 3-31-7 and my current glyphs are has follows:-

Prime Glyphs - CS 5%, Shield of right 10%, Hammer of Right 10%

Shield of right works a treat with the 3 stacks of holypower u now get to build aggro, given the fact that CC plays a big parts in raids and Hc instances i needed to improve my single target threat because over all i am classed has a Aoe tank. So CS glyphs boosts single target tanking and hammer of right increases my Aoe threat.

Major Glyphs - Consecration, Holy Wrath, Divine Protection

CoolDown on Consecration is just nuts now tbh, holy wrath not is usefull given the fact it stuns a wider range of mobs and Divine protection is always a usefull CD to reduce damage.

Minor Glyphs - Justice, Righteousness, Truth

Just all mana saving glyphs

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.

Yes, Not sure how in advance the guild post's the raids but i can sign and commit a month up in advance.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule

Just to let u know i am in the armed forces, i can fix my duties to suit me now tbh so technically i am free all week from 1600 on wards.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?

X-perl,recount,omen,DBM,Quartz 3, tidy plates/threat plates, ATM

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?

All 10 and 25 man in TBC & Wolk,

-Blackwing descent 25 man

maloriak, chimaeron

-Bastion of the twilight 25 man

halfus wyrmbreaker, valiona + theralion

not been to throne of the four winds yet!

What raids do you believe you are geared for?

geared for all the new raids normal mode. Got a over all Gear lvl of 353

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?

i love trying for raid ach once i understand the mechanics of the fight, not tried any has of yet for the new cata raids but am slowly working my way thro Glory of the cata hero for the drake.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?

makes me feel good that someone is taking an interest in my game play. I dont believe anyone one person knows their char inside out and another point of view is always good.

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

with a Gz to who ever won it. The raid team is bigger than anyone player and innorder for the raid players to gear up these choices of course should be made..

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?

Wait for the raid to finish or at a appropriate time raise the issue not at the time of the raid. the raidleader got more important issues to be dealing with. But there are reason for this sometimes like, if the raid is going for a first kill on a boss and has taken a few nights to get close to killing it, u need the same ppl in the raid that know the fight. More for guild progression i believe. so that i can understand if i am stand by.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?

Have a beer and a laugh bring it up the next day when ppl are more calm.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel

Lol been there a few times, just log an hour ealry the next day get some grinding on the go get some more gold for another wipe fest.!!

think thats all the questions, if u like to know anything else personal or ingame feel free to ask.

many thanks welshy.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

You was a decent tank back in ICC that time for Jodie so no problems here.

Evilneo

you are missing glyph of seal of truth for ur tanking spec =)

also i dunno why would you choose consecration over guarded by the light, and judgements of pure seems pointless to me since rule of law is way better, and I would change eternal glory for seals of pure

but talents are subjetive anyway

also its seems that u took ur time for the apply and its really good, so you got a vote from me! :P Gl with it

Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

is a dwarf and we need more dorfs in the guild

Tethane
Guild Mistress

After chatting with my Officers we would like to offer you a trial place within FE, we imagine that most of the time (at the moment) we will ask you to play your offspec because as you maybe aware the majority of the encounters only require 2 tanks at the moment bar a couple. We understand that Tank is your mainspec though and would be happy to take this into account when it comes to gearing MS/OS.

If this is acceptable please poke and Officer ingame and myself for raid invites for the rest of the week! Welcome.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum