Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hupsu

re: ShadowPriest / Karvatupsu TankDruid social/PvP - ACCEPTED

Questions for all applicants:

1. What is your name, age and location?

Name’s Jesse, 23 (soon 24) years old IT-consultant/student living in south-western Finland

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)

Character name is a difficult part (at the moment), I’ve loads of characters I love playing on this realm and I’ve yet to figure out what it is I’d want to do in the game at this point. The main character I’m applying with would be my PvP shadow priest Hupsu. I used to be main healer (holy) back at my previous realm and guild (In tBC T5 stage) and so I’m still a bit bi-curious… wink

PvE vice I only like to tank with my druid whos faith is yet to be determined. I’m not so much into dealing damage in PvE, but I haven’t had any use for my tank as I hate to PUG. (I never do that, ever..) Hupsu [eng:Silly] does have PvE Shadow-speck also, so I can dps with it in PvE if needed, it might change to holy eventually if I manage to gear up and learn all the new spells which seem horrifying at the moment. I just know how to “step greaters”.

Hupsu is useless profession vice as I’ve spent my time gathering mats for friends instead of raising my own professions. (I do have all gathering professions and love to use them)

I also have a:
PvE Tank/ PvP resto druid: Karvatupsu [eng: Fur bobble]
PvP prot/ PvE retri paladin: Tassuttaja [eng: Pawn;er also a type of movement]
and soon Enha/Ele shamen Hipsuttaja [hard to translate; “Tiptoer”]

Armoury links for all my characters, tough as for now I’m applying with Hupsu/(Karvatupsu):
(PvP main)Hupsu- http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/hupsu/simple
(PvE main)Karvatupsu- http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/karvatupsu/simple
Tassuttaja- http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/tassuttaja/simple
Hipsuttaja- http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/hipsuttaja/simple

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?

Why am I applying? Another complicated question. One reason would be that my current guild Kalevala, has nothing to offer PvE or PvP vice for me. After transferring to this realm a few months back for Hievnas request I’ve managed to find a bunch of new friends from there, but that’s about all there has been. No raids, no rated BGs not many arena partners and the “inner circle” has their own thing going on in HC dungeons so I’m pretty much useless there.

The more important part of this question is what is it I want or am going to do at this point? Quite frankly, I don’t know.
PvE vice I’m stuck. I don’t have enough time to start HC raiding like I used to a few years back, I’ve work and my masters thesis besides WoW so I can’t stay grinding progression every night or even a few nights a week as I need to wake up for work every morning and as a “CRM” I can’t really show up late and tired like I did when I was unemployed.
PvP vice I’m stuck as well. I would love to finally get some PvP “rep” under my belt. I only managed to get Knight-Lieutenant rank back in vanilla before the rank removal and it bugs me quite a bit. Another ambition would be to finally gain arena titles. I had my priest in tBC on an arena team with only 1500 rating at best and that was back when there weren’t achievements or titles.

So what am I looking for? New people to get acquainted with, some pvp guys to mess with in rBGs and arena friends. PvE vice I’m looking for a place to be able to raid even if it’s extremely rarely and to be able to use my “skills” and do at least something.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?

I know Hievna and Ione. Hievna from the mystical Real Life and Ione I met when I came to the realm. I haven’t met any other players as far as I can remember.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

Well this’ll be a long story so feel free to skip to the end and check out the list.
I began with WoW back in vanilla and used to “play” pen&paper role games with my friends. A friend from there introduced me to this game so RP realm was a natural choice. I started in Moonglade with a hunter in a guild called The Academy, part of the RP communion back in the day. I found some friends there who were in the top raiding guilds at that time (Vir Mortalis & Ebon Flame). After the RP side started to die with tBC coming I changed to Ebon Flame for raiding. I never managed to raid with this guild tough as my annual “summer brake” cut my gameplay for 3 months and after that the guild was at T5 stage and I was still geared with blue items.

After this I changed realm to Ravencrest and in a friends guild which name I can’t recall, the guild had only me and a friend of mine in it so soon I transferred to a small raiding guild called Hunsvotit. Here I finally managed to start raiding and I began with them as a off healer, but soon took over the primary healer spot. Eventually one thing left to another and I had some “bad carma” with few of the other players so to say and moved to a more HC guild Kipu. Again my summer brake came in and I never managed to see Illidan or Archimonde fall and Lich King came soon after my brake. ( I raided on t5 stage with my priest and t4 stage with my shamen)

I started in LK with my druid which I had just levelled up to 70 before LK. At 80 I was still part of Kipu but wasn’t part of the closed inner circle and didn’t manage to get in any raids. At this point my druid was also pve resto and I didn’t have the slightest clue on how to play it so I concentrated on tanking. As I felt stuck pve vice in there I followed Hievna here and joined Kalevala.

So a list of the guilds:
The Academy- Small RP guild (a few ZGs t0.5 with CC hunter)
The Ebon Flame- Large semi HC raiding guild (HC instances with CC/Tank hunter)
Hunsvotit- small raiding guild (Off heal t4/ Main heal t5 stage with holy priest [t4 alt-run leader])
Kipu- Large HC raiding guild (Off heal on one raid with resto druid) the guild was somewhat inactive when I was part of it. “Alt guild” for Finnish Design who was and still is realm first Pve progression guild.
Kalevala- casual guild (Honestly I haven’t done a thing in this guild).
Some of you might notice NoSe as well(where Hipsuttaja is), this is a friends alt guild.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.

Special qualities huh.. This is supposed to be the magnificent sales speech I make a couple of times a day for my clients. Buy “ME” and you’ll get everything you want! Well this time I’ve to say I’m sorry but that’s not going to happen. I’ve a past like most of us, and my past included wow addiction and some bad carma with people I trusted which led me not to be openly “social” and you’ll probably notice that if you accept this application. This doesn’t mean I wouldn’t join on guild events just that I most likely won’t be noticed that much.

For me this game is all about friendships and having fun. I’m hoping to find new friends and a friendly environment and hopefully to be able to help the new found friends in the game. As you can probably read between the lines on the previous question I’ve experience ranging all the way back to vanilla, tough mostly PvP vice. I have the basic knowledge on all classes in the game, which is pretty much a prerequisite for a PvPer. And also am a calm and honest person. Well a bit too calm as Ione and Hievna might agree, I can’t even manage to have enough rage to tank with. ;)

I love doing the little things in this game and would like to continue doing those in FE as well. By the little things I mean old raids/instances, soloing duo;ing and messing around getting some achievements and things like that. (Still missing on the killing critters guild achievement? )

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

As for now I’m applying as social / PvP member, Hievna spoke highly of your talented rBG team which I would definitely love to be a part of. But as stated before I’ve some raiding experience and would love to use that eventually so perhaps raiding member would be something to get to in the future. With this in mind I’ll fill the rest of you query for futures sake.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

My raiding spec would be Feral-Tank (ds PvP Resto) and tanking is the only thing I like to do in PvE. Hupsu has PvE shadow-spec but meh..

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?

Well I normally don’t follow up on any forums unless I feel stuck. I actively listen and follow the talented players I find to see what they’re doing and apply the tips and tricks in my own gameplay. Well I do read the patch notes just to know what to do next, but that’s about it.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?

Talents and glyphs, pve talentes are pretty straightforward nowadays for any class and for a shadowpriest even more so. I chose shadow spec as the character is supposed to be a PvP main for me and I’ve heard awful things about disc priests. I tried Holy and Disc once now, but holy has many new spells which I’ve yet to master and disc is a totally new world for me so shadow it is.
And for my druid with which I’d like to raid more with eventually feral tanking speck is the only thing I know. I made a vain attempt a few weeks back to make myself into a cat.. I’ve played the class for 3 years and I didn’t even know what spells cats have as I’ve never ever used it before. Resto I’ve played and am playing (wanting to play) in pvp, in LK I went resto for a few HC runs when Ione was offline or busy doing something else so I’ve some idea what to do with it. I also levelled 82-85 with Boomkin, but ehm.. Caster druid just isn’t my thing.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.

If I sign for a raid I expect nothing less then a perfect performance of myself. That’s something that I got stuck with back at the HC raiding guilds. I won’t even blink if the boss fight requires me not to.. :D

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?

And this is the part why I’m applying for social member I’ve to get up every morning 6am CET so raiding late is not really an option atm. Your schedules are fine when the raids are on grind status but as said I can’t participate on progression runs at this point.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?

I’ve probably tried most of what’s out there. I used to have 36 addons to help me raid back in tBC and well I couldn’t even see the boss just “math” on whom to heal next. Then I made a decision if it’s been designed without the addons I can play perfectly fine without them. So DBM and omen are the only addons I’ve.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?

I pretty much covered this already but for reminder. Holy on t5 stage, Resto on one single raid. Tanking and shadow on HC instances since they came.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?

If I were back in my old raiding guild I’d probably say all of them ‘cause bosses need perfect focus not perfect gear. Failures come from players.. Well I think I need to revise that mindset already. I’m not geared yet. My druid might be able to tank some first bosses (ilvl 352 and rising) as an off tank/ melee tank as I’ve only mustered 32k armour and 30% dodge thus far, but I’m getting there.. Only 10 percent left and I’m somewhat happy on my dodge

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?

My raiding experience come from time when there were none…

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?

I feel grateful for getting the advice. I don’t have time to try out every single rotation and to optimise my class hearing this from other players is how I “evolve” my own gameplay.

An item that you desperately want drops from ICC 25 you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

In my time I’ve seen so many different styles of distributions that I can’t remember all of them. Some of them I approve others not so much. I heard you distribute the loot to the one who needs it most, which is the best way in my opinion. So I cheer for her/him of course!

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?

Uhm.. Most likely I’ll go do some BGs just to be on hold if needed later, or go help my friends out on some quests, grinding instances whatnot.. I’ve led and organized alt raiding groups so I know how to setup a group for a bosses and that requires group balance. If the boss falls it’s great for everyone!

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?

How should I react? If someone feels I haven’t done all I can they’re free to express their opinion and give advice on how to improve myself. BUT: I must say I do not tolerate “flaming” I heard that enough back in the old HC guild so if I get critique without any basis I’ll ignore it.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?

This is what I’m used to in raiding. I’ve only been on progression groups thus far, but as for now I’d like nothing more then to be able to join the B or C group rarely. When and if you arrange alt runs.

I hope I didn't leave many open questions and sorry for the insanely long post!

Thank you for reading my aplication.

Regards
-
Jesse
Hievna
Enlightened

As Jesse said, i know him irl. I really believe that he would be great social member, since he is helpful and funny guy =). We have been doing a lot of heroics in Wotlk and Cata and he is skillfu teddy =)

Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

a few issues, no dorf.... we need to recruit more dorfs.

though it's a nice honest app, snd if as a standby raider will be useful for a possible tank.

Anyway it for a social app, and to boost Jonny's pvp night

Eluniel
Guardian

He plays a lot even he says he does not... and he is good a tank. Most of the times I do my daily random heroic with his tank (it makes things so much easier, even if there are some pugs on group).

PS; why you did not do dwarf shaman when you transferred Hipsuttaja? I told you so. ^.^

Edit: typo

Last edited by Eluniel on 23-1-2011 16:19; edited 1 time in total

I like the application very nice, and Finnish people are normally nice I think I still have a friends number who lives in finland and he would call me randomly cos he was out drinking! lol.

Everlightly

Its social, with a pvp sence, I warn you though, our pvp team will usally only run during every other week end as we're currently only going to focus on the 10 man weeks, not the 15 man.

other than that, you know a few peeps, the app is done very well, including some translations for us, so, why not, yes from me.

more officer comments, would help
Tethane
Guild Mistress

I like your app, and from me it does seem as though you are looking for a place to call home whilst you work out how you want to play. I would have loved to get you in as a Raider as you have both classes Druid/Pala tanks that I am currently recruiting for a full time raiding slot, but such is life! Would like to offer you a trial, drop me or one of the Officers a /w for an invite and welcome to FE!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum