Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pessimism

re: 85 Shadow priest Application Form - ACCEPTED

Questions for all applicants:

1. What is your name, age and location?
my name is Az (nickname ofcourse but i prefer it), i live in England and i'm 23 years old.

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? (please provide us with a link to your armory.)
My character is a shadow priest called Pessimism, with tailoring and enchanting - both max skill, i also have holy offspec.

Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/pessimism/

i also have a level 85 enhancement shaman with herbalism (max) and inscription (506) but recently dinged 85 so the gear isnt up to par just yet.

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?
Since playing on vanilla wow raiding with my first character (mage) i was in a guild that raided ZG, MC and both AQ's, and i fell in love with raiding. When TBC was launched i changed characters and levelled a rogue to 70 and got into a guild and raided with them, once wrath came out the guild i was in was just a casual raiding guild, which took a dramatic change once cata was announced and very rarely raided, then the summer before cata was launched came and the guild raids stopped altogether, leaving me to PuG the rest of the expansion. Now cata is released and i've levelled my priest, got some decent gear etc, i dont particulary want to PuG another expansion considering how hard it was to PuG wrath of the lich king.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
Yes. I know a resto druid you have recently recruited into your guild by the name of Moombee. He is the one that gave me the link to the website and encouraged me to apply. He tried to get me to apply a few weeks ago but i wasnt very confident back then as my gear wasnt anything special, but now i have got myself some better gear i feel more confident in my application.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

I've been around on WoW. I've been on 3 different servers as both horde and ally, needless to say it has been a long, expensive and confusing travel.
Bloodscalp (level 60) i was in a guild called Guardians of Light - where we raided ZG, MC, AQ20 and AQ40...
Bloodscalp (level 70) i was in a guild called Damaged Goods, which raided and cleared kara, gruuls, SSC, TK, MH and we got stuck on Shade of Akama in BT.

Emeriss (level 80) i transferred and joined my friends guild called Shiver, we raided once a week, but progressed quite quickly, raiding naxx, OS, ulduar, ToC and ICC - the only ones we never cleared was ulduar (got to hordir and stopped) and ICC (had problems killing lich king)

Emerald Dream (level 85) im currently in a guild called Questionable Companions which is a friends guild, very casual, and nobody seems interested in raiding (hence my wanting to go to another guild)

I currently have no other applications open.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.
I like to think of myself as a polite, friendly and very laid back player who is willing to help out in any way i can. I dont mind changing spec if it helps the raid group out. If i sign up for a raid or have been chosen, i will log on early in order to prepare, i always do my homework for bosses which are new to me and listen to orders given to me by the raid leader.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.
I would like to apply for a spot as raiding member.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?
My main spec is Shadow, i've been a holy priest for the past 3 years and thought i would like to try another route for my gaming experience for Cataclysm. Ofcourse i dont mind healing if needs be, but given the choice, Shadow will be my preferred option.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?
i tend to keep updated with any and all changes made to my class by checking my rotation on shadowpriest.com which has been quite useful in the past.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?
My talents have been chosen based on any damage output as a main priority (which i think is a given for any dps class) Other builds of my class seem to have the same spec as me, give or take 1 or 2 to decrease some cooldowns such as fade/shadowfiend (which in my opinion are irrelevant for raiding)

My glyphs have been chosen to up the damage of my current spells such as mind flay, shadow word pain, and also to decrease the cooldown on dispersion, just incase i need to gain a bit of mana while i can.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.
I'm at uni 3 days a week (Tuesday, wednesday and Thursday) from 9am - 3pm (WoW is 1 hour ahead of me, so 10am - 4pm server time) other than that my time is pretty much controllable.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?

Mon - i have driving lessons from 5pm -to 6.30pm so i can raid 18:30 - 24:00
Tue - 16:00 - 24:00
Wed - 16:00 - 24:00
Thu - 16:00 - 24:00
Fri - all day if needs be
Sat - all day if needs be
Sun - all day if needs be

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?
- Omen (threat meter)
- Recount (so i can see how much damage im doing to not let myself down)
- DBM (pretty much needed for any raider tbh)
and atlasloot (so i can see what loot the boss drops as inspiration i guess lol)

I use other addons that ive gotten comfortable with using

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?
Vanilla;-

MC - cleared (mage)
ZG - cleared (mage)
AQ20 - cleared (mage)
AQ40 - got to Viscidus and the guild stopped raiding as much (mage)

Burning Crusade;-
Kara - Cleared (Rogue & Mage)
ZA - Cleared (Rogue & Mage)
Gruul - Cleared (Rogue & Mage)
Magtheridon - Cleared (Rogue)
SSC - Cleared (Rogue)
TK - Cleared (Rogue)
MH - Cleared (Rogue)
BT - 2/9 (Rogue)

WOTLK;-
Naxx 10/25 - Cleared (Holy Priest)
OS 10/25 - Cleared (Holy & Shadow Priest)
EOE 10 - Cleared (Holy Priest)
Ulduar 10 - 13/14 (holy priest) (13 / 14 hard mode too)
Ulduar 25 - never went to ulduar 25
Toc 10 - cleared (Holy & Shadow Priest)
Toc 25 - cleared - (Holy & Shadow Priest)
TOGC 10/25 - 4 /5 on 10 man
ICC 10 - 12/12 normal - 8/12 on hard mode (shadow priest)
ICC25 - 6/12 normal (Holy Priest)
RS 10 - got him to 40% and wiped - only ever been once (Shadow priest)
RS 25 - Never been

What raids do you believe you are geared for?
I should be geared for all the raids available at level 85 now. I've Killed Pit Lord in Baradin Hold and Magmaw in Blackwing Descent - both with pugs, and both twice.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? I've got 10/13 on Glory of the Ulduar Raider (10 man) and although ive killed 8/12 in ICC on hard mode ive only got 4/16 achievements for Glory of the Icecrown Raider(10 man) ... but i am more than willing to go get the achievements now

Some difficult scenarios
An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?
I'd gladly take their advice, and try it out, see if its more suited to me, always up for improving myself.

An item that you desperately want drops from ICC 25 you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?
I dont mind passing on loot that is needed by someone else if it gives them more of an improvement over myself. It takes more than 1 geared person to kill a boss, the more people with more power makes it alot easier, and it'll always drop again sooner or later wink

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?
If i was put on standby, its usually for a reason, maybe the group needed another melee class, or someone slightly better geared / experienced than myself ... whatever the reason is, dont take it to heart, its more than likely not a form of hatred or intended to insult you. Just gotta wait it out and hope that the group will kill the boss they intend to. just got to take one for the team! ... got to think, its not just the group that benefits, the entire guild gets the recognition.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?
Everyone makes mistakes, and if i made a mistake i'd happily put my hand up, admit my fault and apologise for anything i have said or done.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?
Hey, its a work in progress right... everything is a learning curve, and without wipes, there is no progression anyway. We cant expect to walk into a raid, 1 shot everything and come out with minimal repair bills. Gold isnt hard to farm nowadays and with the guild perks such as "takes XX% durability damage" whocan complain? ... stick it out and hope that its all for not. that sweet, sweet kill will happen eventually.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Very nice application I shall await others feedback before making my final decision. We do currently have 2 raiding shadow priests who are both pretty active, a willingness to OS Holy would greatly improve your chances of a raid spot and I see no reason against some friendly priestly competition! You seem to have a lot of experience playing Holy and while I would never force people to play specs they don't enjoy having a flexible raid team especially whilst learning the new content is yummy for me as a raid leader. Thoughts?

Moombee
Enlightened

I've been raiding with Az (Pessimism) since mid vanilla and have experienced him as a proper healer and a great dps in the past few years. Above all he's loyal, friendly and like's to help people out when they need.

Best of luck with your Application az ^^
Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

re: Re: 85 Shadow priest Application Form - PENDING

Pessimism wrote:
Now cata is released and i've levelled my priest, got some decent gear etc, i dont particulary want to PuG another expansion considering how hard it was to PuG wrath of the lich king.

I never found Wrath particularly hard to PuG tbh, in fact i completed a fair amount of the content in PUGs, before joing FE.

Other then that nice app, and good effort made. One thing I think needs mentioning we have a lot of people signing for raids, so even acceptance as a raider is no guarantee to a raid spot.

Pessimism

re: Re: 85 Shadow priest Application Form - PENDING

Now cata is released and i've levelled my priest, got some decent gear etc, i dont particulary want to PuG another expansion considering how hard it was to PuG wrath of the lich king.

I never found Wrath particularly hard to PuG tbh, in fact i completed a fair amount of the content in PUGs, before joing FE.

Other then that nice app, and good effort made. One thing I think needs mentioning we have a lot of people signing for raids, so even acceptance as a raider is no guarantee to a raid spot.

It wouldnt have been particulary hard to pug - but (and Moombee will second this notion), the server i was on before transfering to Emerald dream was Emeriss. The problem on that server was it was practically empty

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Don't tell peeps how easy it is to pug on this server. Then they won't want to join! Can you respond to my holy offspec question please!

Pessimism

Don't tell peeps how easy it is to pug on this server. Then they won't want to join! Can you respond to my holy offspec question please!

ahh, yeah sorry - yeah i dont mind healing, although healing is different now to how it used to be :P ... but i do heal heroics still, not healed any of the raids ive been to yet tho, but i dont mind at all =)

Everlightly

pugging is luck based, i've had my fair share of fools and the odd good group.

on the app though, yes from me, but sorting out space might be an issue
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Yup nice application, just wonderd how come you have gone for 5% increase absorbtion from power word shield instead of inner sanctum for a damage reduction on all spells? guessing mana isn't a problem or the talent could of been useful in shadowfiend/fade.

Long application but still nicely written I don't see why not but not quite sure how the raiding is going atm it seems pretty full.

Sherawr
Guardian

Very Thorough application indeed, very impressive. I personally am not up on priesty stuff, and so cant comment on your talents etc. However if you would consider the request of Tethane and based on your app, I would be happy to see you in the guild. Good Luck

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Sorry its taken a bit of time, I would like to offer you a trial within FE, poke an officer ingame for an invite and I will make sure you are invited to the up coming raids!

Tethane x

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum