This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cengar

re: Bero Retribution Paladin Social - ACCEPTED

1.What is your name, age and location?
Name’s Andreas, age 35 and I'm living in Germany

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)
Main: Bero – 80 Paladin Retri/Holy no useful gear yet http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Bero
Alt: Xarian – 80 DK Blood/Frost http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Xarian

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?
I’m looking for a new guild since my current guild is rather dead and I feel the need for some company. I’d like to be able to join the odd raid every now and then as well. Private commitments kept me from raiding for the last 2 yrs. But now I could fit raids into my schedule again. I‘ve been reading the interview at the Emerald Dreamers blog and what I read there sounded fun and you sounded like a nice guild to be in.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
Unfortunately not. Read about you on the Emerald Dreamer blog.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?
Back in vanilla:
Spirit Odyssey – guild fell apart when BC hit
BC:
Care Police – left after 2 weeks after being benched for the whole trial while the guild farmed Kara (I joined as a raider back then)
Resurgam – left after some disagreements and being forced to bring my healer main constantly for alt raids while friends of the raid leader would be there with their non healer alts
Fate – Fate more or less died in early 2008. Used to be the Paladin CL there
WotLK
Rune – joined some friends from Spirit Odyssey times as social member but there’s not much left of the guild I joined

Apart from those I was in some friends guilds when I was looking for homes after BC started and when Fate fell apart

Full listing http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/6982120

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.
Well I’m a friendly and helpful guy. I like to chat on Vent or in gchat about almost any topic. I think, I know my classes but I’m always open for hints and tips to improve my gameplay. Same goes for helping others out if they need some info about my classes or need help in running some lowbie alt through a low level instance or with doing group quests etc..

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.
Well I'd like to join as a social member but wouldn't mind joining a raid every now and then. So I'll fill in the raiding part too to give you an impression of my attitude towards raiding.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?
I levelled my DK first and he's Blood which I enjoy most. Did some attempts in tanking but my gear's rather mediocre for that (read, it's crap wink) and I kinda abandoned him when I started to playand level my pala again which was my main through vanilla and BC.
The pala used to be holy all the way in vanilla and BC. I levelled as Retri which I enjoy very much and which has a decent gear set. I wouldn't mind healing again but have no gear at all yet.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?
Well there's the usual suspects I reckon → Wowhead, Elitist Jerks, Wowwiki, Patch notes, etc.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?
Well I compared a couple of speccs for the pala and the current suited my playstyle best I'd say. Glyphwise there's not so much choices especially when it comes to Minor glyphs so I chose what looked best to me.
The DK has been Blood from the very beginning and I never felt like trying Unholy for DPS. I know I'm slacking at times wink Specc went the same way as the pala. Compared different speccs and chose the one I like best from the rotation and my play style.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.
Normally yes, unless there's some emergency at work which prevents me from finishing on time. But that shouldn't happen too often anyway.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?
Due to my decreased workload I'm usually online 6 - 11ish/12ish during weekdays and mostly a couple of hours in the weekend too.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?
Omen, DBM, Bartender, SHIT (Serious Help in Timing), Classtimers, CooldownCount, Parrot Recount, Itemrack for quick gear changes to name the most important.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?
I haven't raided in WotLK. During vanilla and BC I used to raid with my pala as holy. Saw all bosses up to KT in vanilla WOW which was the only boss missing on my list to complete all raiding content available back then. During BC I saw Kara (full), Gruul, SSC (up to Lady Vashj) and first 3 bosses in TK.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?
I think Bero'd be geared for ICC10 and TotCr 25 but can't really assess my gear since I haven't been there. Xarian's gear is a bit better still so same instas.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?
Nope no experience with those but sounds fun.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?
Bring it on. If I can see the reasoning why not give it a try?

An item that you desperately want drops from ICC 25 you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?
Well if if you work for it then you deserve it. End of story. So I might be a bit unhappy for not getting it but it'll drop gain so I'm cool.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?
Park myself outside and log an alt to have some fun. There's probably some reasoning behind choosing the other one over me. Being it him having better gear for the encounter or more experience which will just bring the boss finally down.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?
Hard to say. Either I might ignore it if I feel he's utterly wrong and just had a go cause he needed to vent frustrations. Or if I feel he might be right I could bring it up in a whisper or in a different Vent channel to clear the situation. Never been in the situation so don't quote me on it.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?
Been there, done that. Hey it's way easier to get money nowerdays than back in the days when 100g where a fortune :-)

Thanks for reading. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers Bero

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Very nice application, bumped to the Officer forums.

Sycamorechaz
Fallen

indeed very nice application. No problems from me!

Crossless
Wanderer

it's a yes from me. very good application

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Very nice application to read, Just a quick question though I know you are joining as social but I would just like to clarify if you are not picked for many raids (as we have now 30+people signing for 25mans) how would you feel?.

Its just to clarify in my mind whether you would feel left out and leave (which is not the case at all and nobody would want you to feel that way) or be fine with just being social, we have had a few people join as social then leave as they never got raid spots before :s.

Otherwise I cant see why you cant join us, looks like you would be a nice addition to the guild and as Jodie said I don't think we have anyone from germany yet Happy.

Thanks for the replies

Well I have not been raiding for almost 2 years and I sure miss it but I miss an active guild too with some chatting and things going on when doing my dailies or farming rep etc. So no I wouldn't feel left out. I mean I haven't even seen Naxx or anything due to the bloody achievement "requirement" nowerdays. But its okay. I understand as well that there's backups with more experience etc. which makes me a bottom feeder by default. Maybe there's some alt raids going on as in a lot of other guilds which will alow me to see raiding content but if not ... no sweat either.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Ok well sounds good enough to me, We do a few alt raids etc depending on people on. Its always good to have people spare and up for other things or maybe a guild/pug raid later on for the few that miss it. For example me atm I can't go any 10 or 25man's with the guild as such as Jodie is raid leading them and is the guild leader ( live together and the Laptop I used decided to break the other day) so im sort of pugging when I can with guildies who are not saved to main raids.
Well should receive a whisper from an officer or our recruitment hunter asap Happy we will have to catch you online thats all. have fun

Tethane
Guild Mistress

We are accepting you as Social and can re look at this at a later date if you like, please poke myself or an Officer in game for an invite. Welcome to FE!

Crossless
Wanderer

Welcome to FE, Andreas Happy

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: