Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gologar

re: Mogu'Shan Vaults - The Stone Guard 10 man

I want to point out some ideas, based on alot of reading and looking in Internet.
1. The basic idea is to let the guardian who is casting petrify to get overloaded and cancel the petrify, because petrify means wipe.
2. Only one guardian may overload (AoE damage) at one time.
3. I have seen 2 approaches to handle the fight in 10 man:
a. If one tank is stronger as the other, the stronger tank will allways tank 2 guardians, the one casting petrify and the one with the lowest health among the other 2. To achieve this, the tanks must swap guardians (cross-taunt). This approach has the advantage that only one tank (the main) needs more attentiion and healing. Disadvantage: the main tank must manage very tightly his CDs.
b. If both tanks are (almost) equal in survivability, the petrifying guardian should be pulled to the lowest energy guardian among the other 2. At the begining this must be done at half energy by the petrifying one and its pair, later during the fight, the lowest energy guardian (being the one who discharged its energy thrugh overloading AoE) must be paired immediately with the new guardian casting petrify.

If a swap or taunt is needed will be decided seeing which guardian is casting petrify and which one has the lowest energy.
The guardian casting petrify is glowing slightly.
As far as I have seen (look the tankspot video guide, and not only) tanks must communicate when and what to do. Helping with comments from outside may be distracting.
As a remark nebenby: this first fight and Will of the Emperor are by far decided by what the tanks are doing. Of course every fight is a team work, every death is one too much.
Sherawr
Guardian

re: Mogu'Shan Vaults - The Stone Guard 10 man

This is exactly what we do Golo, when the fight starts I usually take 2, Vipra takes 1, if one of the 2 I have lights up all is good, Vipra taunts it at 50 energy and holds till it blows

Now the original one he had is at 50 energy, and the one he taunted is reset. 70% of the time, one of the 2 he has will light up and all is well. If the one im tanking then lights up (around 50 energy)I will then taunt the one which has just overloaded (0 energy) and keep till overload. rinse and repeat.

The problem occurs when all the stuff is on the floor, so if cobalt is petrifying people must run throught the cobalt mines as they then do next to no damage. We got better at this last week, down to a 10% wipe

You will probably hear me shouting out on vent "taunt x" as im constantly watching. Basically the tank just needs to taunt the one which has just overloaded as It will have the lowest energy.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: