Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jadenftw
Enlightened

re: posible good news about 25mans

So it's starting to look like 5.1 might have some surprises in store for raiders. The Korean World of Warcraft website had this update today stating that in 5.1, 10 and 25-man lockouts will no longer be shared for KR realms--a call back to the days of Wrath of the Lich King where the lockouts were separate and many considered 25-man raids to be vastly more beneficial than 10-man raids. Additionally, 10 and 25-man ilevels will be different giving raiders a further benefit for tackling 25-man raids.

Of course, it remains unseen if this will transition at any point to other realms. At this time, it doesn't appear to be the case.

However, if you look at World of Warcraft's recent PvE scene, it's been obvious that there's a decline in 25-mans that's both felt by the community and heard by the developers. There isn't really a reason to raid 25-mans over 10-mans, as far as time versus reward is concerned; it's hard to maintain a 25-man roster and remain competitive in today's Azeroth. Even world firsts are being tackled by 10-mans from usually 25-man guilds--a trend started in Cataclysm for efficiency. In the recent Reddit AMA, Ghostcrawler and company were also quick to say that something would be done about the growing decline of 25-mans (a fact others also remember). Is this solution a possible test drive for one that will be deployed on the NA/EU realms?

So what is to be done about the decline in 25-man raids--and what do you guys think of this solution? Are the changes the Korean servers are offering of different ilevels and different lockouts appealing? Or is this a change that you guys feel should stay on the Korean realms, far away from our version of Pandaria?
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

This is good news Happy Especially for me! will be nice when it comes around, I remember when they changed it to this shared bs totally stopped my raids for ages.

Can't wait hopefully it will come around asap!.

Gologar

It would be nice. Will help guilds that can do 25 raids gear up quicker. Profit for all, especialy for tanks and healers.
But, as I understood from what Paragon said, that they changed to raid 10 man because they did not have a good 25 group anymore. This won't change with this new patch.
If we can do now a 25 raid depends of how available 25 ppl are for this. At least wow-heroes sais that we can. On my part, I will answer any call for raiding.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: