Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
MortalCrit

re: Mortalcrit,assassination,nightelf,raiding

1. What is your name, age and location?

Hello,

my name is robert-jan de Bruine and i just turned 25 years old. The city that i live in is called Tilburg ( the netherlands ). I live at my parents. Have a cat called mouse:)

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)

My characters name is called Mortalcrit, mortalcrit is lvl 85'rogue because he cant get any higher yet ^^.

i have every class in game btw on 85 but like this rogue the most and be is/has been my main.

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?

i am applying to the guild becaus i had a random conversation with Calelia, and we connected good. i am looking for a raiding guild in mop and she/he said they could use a good pair of brains. This gives me a good feeling about joining fe for the rest of my wow carier hihi.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?

As said i know Calelia since today.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

i have no other application to other guilds atm. i have a high raiding history in a few guilds. The guilds i have been in are chi, vi and grand theft eleck. the reason i left theese guilds where disband and no progressing trying.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.

my qualities are a friendly person, willing to progress, doing pvp aswell rbgs and bgs/arenas and i have all profeccions on alts + i have 9 other characters who are able to fill a spot if REALY needed.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

i would like to join as a raiding member.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

my raiding speck is assassenation becaus i like the gameplay of this speck. my other talenttree = sublety for pvp whitch i like to play aswell. I preffer both equal tbh. I like to do pve and kill bosses aswell as pvp and kill stinky hordes Happy.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?

haha since i play this game for 7 years now , give and take, i know that there are websites that tell you what are the ebst options for ingame perfection, the websites i visit are :

http://www.noxxic.com
http://www.maxdps.com
http://www.elite-jerks.com

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?

i always choose the best and highest dps options as talents and glyphs, nox.com gives me options to choose from and i choose to put more points in Opportunity instead of Precision since highend gear gives u enough hit.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.

if i sign i have controll of my own time.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?

The time u raid is perfect for me, the days mon/wed/thur i can attend every mon and thur (on wednessday i have normaly* soccerpractise.). hope this is not a problem.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?

standard addons, dbm ,xperl,etc.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?

ive done 5/8 ds and 1 on hc, diddnt realy raid only once, since i stopped raiding after firelands with my friends, ofc ive done raidfinder but there are diffrences.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?

ds, and upcomming mop ofc.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?

love to progress, as said i stopped raiding after firelands hc and therefor no achivements in ds. did 1 hc tho(no kill).

We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable?

as explained i cant attend a 100% unless due to weather the soccer practise is cancelled.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?

if this upgrades my dps a 100% yes for me.

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

if its an bigger upgrade for the other its best to come to that person, if the person never raids and i do than im a bit like "hmmm not realy fair ^^ " but still accept ofc.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?

the leader issent a leader for nothing, he picks the persons who he / she see fit , this might be becaus the other rogue as alrdy exp on new boss fights. on the other hand, we all need to learn and ofc i want to learn it aswell:).

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?

Ill just think by myself, ive done my very best, sadly its not enough for him/her.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?

its a shame if u cant kill the boss, ofc i rather kill a boss, if it not happens the night u get a good night sleep and try it again when your fit! :P

thnx for reading my answers,
hope to hear from u soon,

with kind regards,

robert-jan
Caleliá

Hey Rob!

For as far as it looks now, I really think if we want to pick up raiding on a normal scale again or even 25 mans, we could use a new set of brains.

And other then that, I don't think there is a current active rogue raiding is there? Would be a very nice addition I think.

Also, this person seems very decent. The raids I've been doing with him went very smooth and he acted right on the times he had too. He did explain me his issue about gear being so random because MoP is around the corner. Now I can understand this and at the other hand, getting a decent set of gear now doesn't require much at all I think.

Overall, I've had a great experience with this person and think he should fit in the guild due to his character being bright also. A very nice and helpful/supportive person.

EDIT: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Mortalcrit/simple - I promised to put this up for him! As he forgot.
Gologar

The application is ok, the refferences for Caleila also. I don't agree in one point: having alot of enchants missing and not fully gemed, but willing to progress in raids makes not much sense to me. As raider you have to keep everything possible maxed up, among skill also gear and stats. Not investing in enchants and gems and looking to get only new better gear leaves a question without answer: when do you consider appropriate to enchant/gem an item you wear? At level 85 earning gold shouldn't be a problem. The PVE iLvL of 376 missing enchants and gems is not a very good recomandation to act as raider.
I think it is time to bring your gear to what it should look like (fully enchanted and gemed) and then tell us where this last problem is solved.
Caleliá

I do understand your points Dan!

But the last time I've been in a group with Rob, he was fully gemmed/enchanted and even invested gold into some items to actually be more ready for raids. Though, I don't think Item Level is something we should look at anymore with the current nerf for Dragon Soul. We even have alts with 350-60 ish Item Levels that actually manage to complete Dragon Soul. Valid points you brought up, but looking at his armory, I don't think it's updated mate, since I've seen him fully enchanted/geared.

I could of been wrong or haven't taken a good look at it, but for as far as I know he is full updated as he should be. And his standards in raiding and skill are decent too in my eyes.

Very friendly person also.
Gologar

Well, as the last activity is shown as "1 day ago", I guess you perhaps have seen his PVP gear.
I don't want to argue about skills, nerfs or such, but wanted to point out of something I don't aggree with: runing arround as raider not being fully enchanted and gemed. And I don't think a raid composed only of iLvLs 350-360 could do the DS.
But anyway I am not the one called to decide about the application.
Caleliá

As I'm grouped with him at the moment.

I can confirm he is completely geared and gemmed/enchanted. Maybe not fully DS geared but has the decent gear to start DS with. He has some LFR items and some BoE 397 which are more then decent enough too complete DS with in my opinion.

He has around the same gear I had when I started DS. If not more upgraded then that. I would say he can actually complete it easily in that gear, so should a full raid with the 30% nerf.
Gologar

I have looked again in Armory. I am shure now, we are talking about different characters...
MortalCrit

re: armory

Hello everyone,

By reading the posts i understand that there is some confusion about my armory.
To get rid of this confusion i have the following link for armory:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Mortalcrit/simple

hope this helps.

with kind regards,

Rob
Gologar

Hello m8. What I am all the time talking about (what is missing) may be seen on http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Mortalcrit/advanced
Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

Just to put my penniesworth in.

Dan is right - the guild will not have raiders who are not fully enchanted and gemmed when approaching progression (new) content.

That being said - there is no progression at the moment until MoP, and that in itself is a level and gear fest before we start the raiding.

If Cata is an indication this would be around 6 weeks after release of MoP.

Currently I would say fine as social - then look at raider when we start Raiding MoP.

Caleliá

Ah Dan, very valid points. Sorry about my replies, you are right after all, things I've seen over the head, probably due to the reforges shown up on there as well!

And I agree, that is a bit sloppy.

Though If he will work in this in later content I don't see the issue. And I guess you are right there is no current progress until MoP.

That being said, he does get a big yes from me as social as he is very friendly and kind. And we might have use for him on the alt raids when we miss people anyways.

My last 2 pennies there :3
MortalCrit

hello,

thanx for pointing me on theese mistakes, very sloppy indeed. solved it all, i have told calelia what was the reason tho.

sorry for that.

with kind regards,

rob
MortalCrit

hello,

when do you deside, raider or social?

with kind regards,

rob
Elcaco
caliban/seven
Guardian

for now we need to get our ppls back and see who comes and how our raiding will be.
since u cant join a wednesday it will seem like for the sunday and monday run u most likely be taken to fill the spot for a person that aint showing.
the thursday raid is a raid set up for it own. there ppls cant join if they want to join for the last two days for our main raid.
got no troubbel to take u in as a raider. but for now and until we got back to our main raid scedule with the normal raiders nothing can be promised. hopefully we will get 25 man raids back on.
so ill give tumbs up for letting u try
we shall not let u wait to long on last answer

MortalCrit

this takes to long,

thanx for taking the time for my application and replying. Shame it was a waste of time tho you should not let some1 wait ages befor you give answers..as if ur special or something :D

cya ingame,

rob
Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum